Fan Favorite Community Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

@dianetics said:
    This whole thing never really made any sense when I read it.
    So I just skipped even particiapting.
    The numbers looked absurd, and many of these teams up are pretty useless in todays game.

Why would a player want to trade 1* Black Widows team up for Grey Suit? People ask for MBW, Whales, and Polaris pretty much for their utility. Not just to use a team up for no reason.

I don't even understand how the "fan favorites" were chosen.

Completely agree, can’t figure out how they came up with the targets to meet and looks like it’s a total of 3 million team up points to reach the highest tier when I’ve kept going over the performance tracker/chart. Originally I thought it was 1.25 mill total but looks like it’s similar to the boss events and each tier has its own target. Seems crazily high for such as unused feature

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

I know it does state 1.25 mill
    Total on the original post but the % for the achieved total on the mix panel just doesn’t match up to 1.25 mill, ie: 427,000 isn’t 13% of 1,250,000

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@CouchPanda said:
    I know it does state 1.25 mill
    Total on the original post but the % for the achieved total on the mix panel just doesn’t match up to 1.25 mill, ie: 427,000 isn’t 13% of 1,250,000

I spent 5 minutes staring at that page trying to figure out what any of it meant. I ended up feeling stupid and gave up.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

Can anyone tell if we've hit any tiers at all?

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options

It actually says on the team up page; we’ve definitely hit tier 2.

• Borstock
    Options

@Kwahder said:
    It actually says on the team up page; we’ve definitely hit tier 2.

I'm almost disappointed. It would've been hilarious if we missed every tier. And quite embarrassing for them.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    Can anyone tell if we've hit any tiers at all?

On the top half of this page: https://mpq.social/FFCC , where it shows the progress bars, cleared tiers are hidden.

On the bottom of the page, it shows which tiers have been clear:

Tier 2 Rewards: 400K Abilities Fired (Cleared!)

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

Aha! Thank you for the explanation

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options

At this point, these challenges are only frustrating.
    It’s like riding a donkey by using a carrot on a fishing pole, but the players are the donkey…

But if they prolong the challenge by about a month, we might barely make it…

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2023
    Options

We're less than 100k short of Tier 3 with about 2 days to go, so I guess those of us left who care enough might as well push to get a 4-star cover. We're never getting that Power Stone and I'd be surprised if players haven't lost their enthusiasm for future challenges.

As someone who is currently learning data analytics I'd love to sit down and chat with the people who came up with these predictions and what the data actually says (no way in Hel will I ever accept that 3* widow is a fan favourite over 1* version, and why is Kang and Silver Samurai on the list if you can't send them as TUs?)

Aside from that it baffles me that they've not learned from previous events. Simple things like sending multiple in-game reminders and TU related personal quests would have made this a lot smoother.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That people are still confused over using a fan favourite character and any team up and thinking they have to use that fan fav team up shows what an utter disaster this has been.

• Borstock
    Options

Why wouldn't 3* Widow be a fan favorite? Her AoE nuke is an absolute bomb for that tier AND she feeds it herself with her purple power.

• Bzhai
    Options

@Borstock said:
    Why wouldn't 3* Widow be a fan favorite? Her AoE nuke is an absolute bomb for that tier AND she feeds it herself with her purple power.

As compared to 1* widow who I always see being asked as TU.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3* Widow was part of the Charlie's Angels winfinite so maybe that explains it?

• Borstock
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Bzhai said:

@Borstock said:

As compared to 1* widow who I always see being asked as TU.

I don't feel like that's how you become a "fan favorite", though. Isn't it based on selecting the character to bring into battle? In which case, I would imagine 1* Widow is way down on the list, since she has no damaging powers to speak of.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd love if they released a survey just right now, with only 2 answers and the question: Are we still running a community challenge right now?
    Then count with one hand people answering yes.

• Bzhai
    Options

Ok, so based on that criteria wouldn't the data show that alongside 3*widow, iron man and wanda would be high up there on usage as well? And with the absence of Dr Strange I can only deduce that they're choosing these at random.

Plus the fact that characters who cannot be sent as TUs made the list really makes me question if the person in charge even plays the game.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Here is the list with release dates and presumably what players liked:

Black Widow (Grey Suit) - 2013 - Winfinite member, big nuke?
    Doctor Doom (Classic) - 2014 - Big nuke?
    The Hood (Dark Reign) - 2013 - AP suppression
    Elektra (Unkillable) - 2014 - Uhm..damage block?
    Medusa (Inhuman Queen) - 2015 - Healing
    Nick Fury (Director of SHIELD) - 2014 - Not really sure
    Rocket & Groot (Volume 2) - 2016 - Strike tiles
    Polaris (Classic) - 2020 - Best 4* EVAH
    Silver Samurai (Kenuichio Harada) - 2023 - Poll winner
    Thor (Goddess of Thunder) - 2014 - Think she was OP back in the day?
    X-23 (Laura Kinney) - 2015 - Presume healing
    Wolverine (X-Force) - 2013 - OP back in the day
    Kang (The Conqueror) - 2023 - Insta-win

It does seem a bit disjointed with nobody from 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022 literally half of the years MPQ has been going. Hmm...

• Borstock
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    Ok, so based on that criteria wouldn't the data show that alongside 3*widow, iron man and wanda would be high up there on usage as well? And with the absence of Dr Strange I can only deduce that they're choosing these at random.

Last year's Anniversary featured BRB, Kitty, and Dr. Strange as some of the fan favorite 5*. No Okoye. No iHulk. No Apocalypse. I think it's very obvious they make this stuff up.