Fan Favorite Community Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'm on 7304 team ups. As William said in his correction above, the reward is a single 5* Carnage cover for using 10,000 team ups. When I think about all the hours of effort I've put into DDQ to use extra team ups each day it does make me wonder what I am doing with my life...

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’ve used 98 in all the time since milestones went live, and I play every day, with all PVE events to full progression (at least).
    The only reason I ever fire them is for the daily quests, and only if I can’t avoid it.
    You’re already teaming up by playing a game with three characters. You don’t need a sneaky fourth, fifth and sixth one lurking at the back, who once they’ve each blown their load are out for the count…
    Not a fan of the mechanic and never have been. I guess it’s mostly to help newer players?

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 775 Critical Contributor
    Options

Approaching week 1 and nowhere near the 2nd goal

Looking like we will get tier 1 maybe tier 2 by the end of it

There was no way we were ever going to get close on this one, hopefully their next one of these is a better one and nothing to do with team ups

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

To misquote Mean Girls:

Stop trying to make team ups happen! It's not going to happen!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is just depressing.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,322 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's odd. They picked the one thing that most at higher levels never use and if you are at a lower level you probably aren't using them at any rate to make the numbers. This wasn't very well thought through by whomever came up with and approved it.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    It's odd. They picked the one thing that most at higher levels never use and if you are at a lower level you probably aren't using them at any rate to make the numbers. This wasn't very well thought through by whomever came up with and approved it.

"We need something that is absolutely no work for us, yet looks like the community is involved."

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 766 Critical Contributor
    Options

When and why did the multiplier change? Its currently 2.36 lol. And we added just over 100k to the total in the last 12 hours? Can anybody make sense of this because I'm more confused than ever.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,608 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    When and why did the multiplier change? Its currently 2.36 lol. And we added just over 100k to the total in the last 12 hours? Can anybody make sense of this because I'm more confused than ever.

Reasons. Things. Huzzah!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 766 Critical Contributor
    Options

@MPQBlaine said:
    We've been monitoring the numbers for this community challenge and decided to investigate after players weren't hitting the internal estimates that we were expecting based on previous average Team Up abilities fired. After some investigation, we came up with an issue which we've now fixed. This brought up the numbers immediately!

For a bit of inside baseball, many Supports have effects in Team Ups (AP, damage, etc). We didn't want every time one of these Supports fired to be counting as a Team Up (since it's in the power description), so they were filtered out. Problem was, we accidentally filtered not only these, but the entire battle that the Support was used. IE: If you had a Team Up affecting Support equipped in a battle and fired a Team Up ability, it wasn't tracked. Ooops! That's now been fixed.

Additionally, we've made a change to the Team Up Lending multiplier. Instead of being a binary 2x > 3x multiplier when the goal was hit, we've now made it a sliding multiplier. Meaning that the closer you get to the 250K, the higher the multiplier will get!

Good stuff.

@Borstock that made me crack up

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@MPQBlaine said:
    We've been monitoring the numbers for this community challenge and decided to investigate after players weren't hitting the internal estimates that we were expecting based on previous average Team Up abilities fired. After some investigation, we came up with an issue which we've now fixed. This brought up the numbers immediately!

For a bit of inside baseball, many Supports have effects in Team Ups (AP, damage, etc). We didn't want every time one of these Supports fired to be counting as a Team Up (since it's in the power description), so they were filtered out. Problem was, we accidentally filtered not only these, but the entire battle that the Support was used. IE: If you had a Team Up affecting Support equipped in a battle and fired a Team Up ability, it wasn't tracked. Ooops! That's now been fixed.

Additionally, we've made a change to the Team Up Lending multiplier. Instead of being a binary 2x > 3x multiplier when the goal was hit, we've now made it a sliding multiplier. Meaning that the closer you get to the 250K, the higher the multiplier will get!

So we’ll get more time, since literally half the time is over already?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We're still comically far away from all the tiers, though.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 619 Critical Contributor
    Options

The rules of the game were unclear and the sheet showing progress was confusing. There is no momentum.

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

still feel that the rules can be read a few different ways and not completely clear.

Maybe next community event will benefit from the takeaway learning on the issues of this one and the last power firing one also. If there was some sort of task on the quests for using TU/sending TU whilst this is running whilst this is on it might get a bit more activity on them.

Just to be clear though, i personally dont want a TU task again, bit tired of them now and becoming a real chore

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Too bad we can't give out rewards for the High Evo challenge; at least that one has actual rules and clear winners.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The new Puzzle Quest should had been centered around cracking the quest using TUs

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,482 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This whole thing never really made any sense when I read it.
    So I just skipped even particiapting.
    The numbers looked absurd, and many of these teams up are pretty useless in todays game.

Why would a player want to trade 1* Black Widows team up for Grey Suit? People ask for MBW, Whales, and Polaris pretty much for their utility. Not just to use a team up for no reason.

I don't even understand how the "fan favorites" were chosen.