Fan Favorite Community Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,217 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Broken Circle Games, what you have just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This is a quote used for comic effect.
    It's amazing I feel I have to add a disclaimer in case the mods come for me.....again.

Oh, it won't be the mods coming for you. It'll be whoever wins @DAZ0273's poll. And they're all out of bubblegum.

• DonkeyTeeth
    DonkeyTeeth Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options

@MPQBlaine said:

@bladewing said:
    So if I’m interpreting Icex’s statement correctly, it doesn’t matter what Team-up we use. They all count. However, if we use a character from the above list, we get bonus points towards our community goal.

Yep, that is correct! All Team Up abilities fired and gifted count. If you fire any of the Team Up abilities of the characters on the list you will receive bonus credit. Gifting will remain the same.
    If the community reaches the subgoal of abilities gifted, then that bonus will increase!

@MPQBlaine In your reply, you agree with Bladewing and then give an explanation that completely contradicts his comment. Once and for all, can we just get a straight answer for this?

Do we need to send and use TUs for characters on the FF list to receive the bonus?
    OR
    Do we only need to have characters on the FF list on our team to receive the bonus (actual characters of TUs used are irrelevant)?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023
    Options

(if you didn't experience lame raps to try to reach kids in the 90's, the following is just plain bad. If you know what I'm talking about, it's still terrible but it makes more sense)

If you want to fire a team up
    Use whatever you can dream up

For the bonus to go unmissed
    You need to fire from the list

It doesn't matter who's on your team
    Match colorless to live the dream

Ms Marvel the MVP
    Dropping TUs for all to see

We're probably not gonna make it to the end
    But give it shot you've got TUs to send

... And the outro is an overly long composition by a 9 year old with an electric keyboard accompanied by old videos of untalented kids doing cartwheels on cardboard and calling it break dancing.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Broken Circle Games, what you have just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's amazing I feel I have to add a disclaimer in case the mods come for me.....again.

Damn! Why didn't I think of that one lol

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 725 Critical Contributor
    Options

I just sent 3 Black Widow (Modern) TU to my alliance buddy. Just doing my part and letting folks know.

Since 90% of the TU requests I see are MBW I assume that she is a Fan Favorite so I will get 300x credit for this action. At least that seems a reasonable guess based on this event.

Yet again accepting likes as thanks for my contribution!

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options

to add a disclaimer in case the mods come for me.....again.> @Punisher5784 said:

Just one of the useless quotes that lives in my brain.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,608 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

to add a disclaimer in case the mods come for me.....again.> @Punisher5784 said:

Some of my friends and family members and I can communicate entirely through movie and TV quotes; Indy, Marvel, Trek, Star Wars, etc... It's like a whole second language.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

Some of my friends and family members and I can communicate entirely through movie and TV quotes; Indy, Marvel, Trek, Star Wars, etc... It's like a whole second language.

I have a friend where we only communicate via Will Ferrell quotes

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Borstock said:

I have a friend where we only communicate via Will Ferrell quotes

OH NO OH NO THEY ARE COMING THRU THE BACK DOOR, GET THE CHILDREN SAVE THE CHILDREN!

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 455 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So if I read this right if we manage to send 250k team-ups, all we need is about 420k team-ups fired to reach Tier 5? @IceIX @MPQBlaine

• abeckstrom
    abeckstrom Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

Will there be a way to pick up a Mighty Thor cover? I’m stuck on the first quest still 😬

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

My interpretation from the original post was as follows:

Any team-up use counts as 1 fired. Any fan favorite team-up counts for 2 (2x bonus). If we lend enough team-ups to get to get the special bonus, it will make all fan favorite team-ups count for 3 (3x bonus instead of normal 2x bonus). I hope that bonus is retroactive to all previously fired fan-favorite team-ups.

I haven't looked at the 5+ pages of this thread, but that is was my initial understanding of the original announcement.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 455 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Warbringa said:
    My interpretation from the original post was as follows:

Any team-up use counts as 1 fired. Any fan favorite team-up counts for 2 (2x bonus). If we lend enough team-ups to get to get the special bonus, it will make all fan favorite team-ups count for 3 (3x bonus instead of normal 2x bonus). I hope that bonus is retroactive to all previously fired fan-favorite team-ups.

I haven't looked at the 5+ pages of this thread, but that is was my initial understanding of the original announcement.

We just need a clarification of what is 'overall progress'? Is it:

a) Total team-ups fired x3
    b) Fan favourite bonus fired x3
    c) Something weird convulated calculation

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did we win yet?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In this game of life are we not all winners in the end, even when we in fact are losing badly?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If we haven't won, it's only because the game isn't over yet. double or nothing, let it ride!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    In this game of life are we not all winners in the end, even when we in fact are losing badly?

Pretty relative depending on the pov.
    However it's always better to not be a loser, that's for sure.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Pretty relative depending on the pov.
    However it's always better to not be a loser, that's for sure.

And sometimes you have no idea what the rules even are! But we got this!

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 725 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's interesting just how far off the target we are. The last couple of challenges the targets appear to have been set as a bit of stretch for the community, but more or less doable assuming slight changes in playing behavior.

This one is not even close. After a third of the time, we're just over 10% achieved. They must have a set of metrics for general TU use and you would've hoped that they would use that to set the target.

Also just shows TUs are not a huge part of normal play, bring back Environment tiles!!