Fan Favorite Community Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I think they severely overestimated how many Team Ups we can use, even if we wanted to use them constantly. I know I don't.

They come with a handful of limiting factors: you can only carry 20(ish), can only take 3 max into battle, they're fired from arguably the least desirable/damaging AP (outside Okoye usage), sending/receiving them are restricted by various refresh timers, etc.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Chalk it up as another good idea just poorly executed if anything. At the very least it runs for 2 weeks so gives us a chance to rack up as many points as we can. I know I’ll be requesting team ups pretty much daily now from my alliance mates, which I rarely if ever do just cuz how little I actually use them, and will pretty much just be requesting them to send me the cheapest of the fan favorite ones to try and rack up as many points as I can.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,322 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Stupid question (because I never use team ups) but if I am maxed on team ups, can I request them? I'm assuming not but figured I would ask.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    Stupid question (because I never use team ups) but if I am maxed on team ups, can I request them? I'm assuming not but figured I would ask.

If you get below 20, like 19, you can request more and have up-to 24 TUs

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

just trying to get the progress tracker figured out in my head, if it shows 44k total team ups fired and 15k fan fave bonus team ups fired, are these added to one another to get the total weve achieved so far?

regarding the sub goal, looks as if this 3 x multiplier would be applied to the total of the above.

Assuming both the total TU fired + fave fave bonus fires are multiplied by 3 over next 10 days at the same rate as achieved so far this would give a total of approx 1.8mill, have i got the right take on this?

• CouchPanda
    Options

not sure you can get Kang TU's from what others have said but tbh makes more sense going for the 3* fan faves anyway as the recharge time is much lower to get more sent

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@CouchPanda said:
    not sure you can get Kang TU's from what others have said but tbh makes more sense going for the 3* fan faves anyway as the recharge time is much lower to get more sent

MPQ players trying to send Kang team ups be like

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Do team ups fired by the AI count for the total?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

If you're maxed out you can't request more, you would have to use some or delete some to make room to request more.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@CouchPanda said:

You can't.
    And the lowest return times are Polaris and 4* Elektra, at 12 hours each.
    Lower * level on a character does not equal faster return time.

• CouchPanda
    Options

Thanks Bow I just assumed the lower level characters TUs would have shorter return times but good to know, thanks for confirming as will help to know what to get our alliance to request/send

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Return times are all over the place even within the same * tier, it's really weird.

• CouchPanda
    Options

Sounds like a spreadsheet job!!! :p

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@CouchPanda said:

You should read the clarification about fan fav's. You don't want to SEND those fan fav TU's (esp since you can't send Kang and some others). You want to use a TU of any kind while a fan fav is on your team. That's what nets you the bonus.

KGB

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options

That’s…not how it reads to me.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. And I don't like it anymore than you men.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

Since Milestones went live years ago, I have personally fired 2,476 team ups. If we even hit 250k as a player base then my shock will recieve a 3X multiplier.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:

@CouchPanda said:

You should read the clarification about fan fav's. You don't want to SEND those fan fav TU's (esp since you can't send Kang and some others). You want to use a TU of any kind while a fan fav is on your team. That's what nets you the bonus.

KGB

I thought so too, but that is not how @MPQBlaine ’s comment reads on the previous page. That says firing TUs from the list of FFs. Which also is weird since some on the list don’t have TUs the can share. So it’s still utterly confusing.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 619 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@CouchPanda said:

You can't.
    And the lowest return times are Polaris and 4* Elektra, at 12 hours each.
    Lower * level on a character does not equal faster return time.

1 star teams are 4 hrs