***** High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) *****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited June 2023 in Character Details

High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Geniuses, Technologists, Enhanced, Cosmic

"The High Evolutionary is obsessed with with creating a "perfect" race in the galaxy. As he experiments on all living beings, it leads to a confrontation with the Guardians of the Galaxy."

Abilities listed at level 255/450
Health: 23744/95436

Iteration - 8 Blue AP
High Evolutionary deals 561 damage, plus 165 damage per Research counter (Max 10).

At 6+ counters, also creates a 2-turn Countdown tile that reduces the target's ability ranks by 1 while on the board (Max 1 per enemy).

At 10+ counters, also stuns the target for 1 turn(s).

(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy makes a match or fires a power, adds a Research counter and gains +1 AP in the target's strongest color. (Max level 2270/668 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 583 damage, plus 187 per counter. Counter max increased to 11. (Max level 2359/757 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 605 damage, plus 187 per counter. Counter max increased to 12. Creates a 3-turn tile. Reduces ability ranks by 2. (Max level 2448/757 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 605 damage, plus 202 per counter. Counter max increased to 13. (Max level 2448/890 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 616 damage, plus 308 per counter. Counter max increased to 15. Stuns for 2 turns. (Max level 2492/1246 damage)

The Missing Link - 6 Yellow AP
Choose an ally: Increase their max health by 7.3% and their ability and match damage by 10%, up to High Evolutionary's max health and strongest base match damage if a teammate is chosen.

(PASSIVE) At the start of battle, if High Evolutionary is not the highest level character, he receives up to 50% bonus max health and 10% bonus ability and base match damage based on the difference in levels, up to level 550. Then his team gains half those bonuses, up to his level. This passive cannot be disabled by stuns.

• Level 2: Increases target's max health by 8%, ability and match damage by 11%. Increases High Evolutionary's max health by 60%, ability & match damage by 60%.
  • Level 3: Increases target's max health by 8.8%, ability and match damage by 12%. Increases High Evolutionary's max health by 80%, ability & match damage by 80%.
  • Level 4: Increases target's max health by 10.3%, ability and match damage by 14%. Increases High Evolutionary's max health by 100%, ability & match damage by 100%.
  • Level 5: Increases target's max health by 13%, ability and match damage by 18%. Increases High Evolutionary's max health by 140%, ability & match damage by 140%.

Unnatural Selection - 8 Black AP
High Evolutionary deals 7% of the target's health as permanent damage and reduces their match damage by 10% (max 30% reduction). Then if his maximum health is greater than the target's, he deals additional damage equal to the difference, up to 9% of his maximum health.

• Level 2: Deals 8% permanent damage. Reduces match damage by 11% (Max 33%). Deals up to 10% damage.
  • Level 3: Deals 9% permanent damage. Reduces match damage by 12% (Max 36%).
  • Level 4: Deals 10% permanent damage. Reduces match damage by 12.5% (Max 45%). Deals up to 13% damage.
  • Level 5: Deals 12% permanent damage. Reduces match damage by 15% (Max 60%). Deals up to 18% damage.

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Hearts of Darkness - 5/4 - 5/7
High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Thick As Thieves - 5/7 - 5/11
High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
Enhanced Encounter - HE (Classic) 5/4 - 5/8
High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Evolutionary Conquest - HE (GotG3) 5/7 - 5/10
High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
Genetic Mayhem Store - 5/4 - 5/7
Chance to get High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Isotope Vault - 5/11 - 5/14
Chance to get High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x New Men Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star The Thing (Classic) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 15x Iso - 4x 2500 Iso, 6x 1000 Iso, 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x Two stars

New Men Legendary Store - 5/11 - 5/14
15% chance to get High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3), Adam Warlock (Infinity Watch), and The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'll wait for the whales to let me know. Because I just have no idea.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

I thought this was who trash panda stole those batteries from in vol. 2?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,402 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is too complex to reliably assess. It “looks” good and “sounds” good.

He has very high health 2nd highest?

I want to see how black actually interacts.
    Also yellow might make him a monster in PvE.

Pretty sure he’s better than Jeff

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,914 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

8AP for his good abilities (yellow active doesn't seem like something I want to cast) is not great, but he generates at least 1AP every turn, so who knows.

The yellow passive is interesting but it's worded so oddly that I have no idea what it's meant to do.

There's a disconnect where I'm not sure how to optimize his yellow passive and black active abilities. His black active wants him to be very high level/have high health, but his yellow passive seems to want him to be low level (or, at least, lower level than his teammates).

In conclusion, shrug. This may be the best character in the game or the worst, or anywhere in between.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    This is too complex to reliably assess. It “looks” good and “sounds” good.

He has very high health 2nd highest?

I want to see how black actually interacts.
    Also yellow might make him a monster in PvE.

Pretty sure he’s better than Jeff

I think your onto something about this complexity. Understanding the damage/health party interactions is perilously close to WOW/Diablo style effects. I'm not opposed to this approach, but it loses the simplicity of earlier MPQ eras. I genuiely feel like we will need 3rd party game overlays to understand these damage mechanics.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

I don't understand his powers. All I see is "Can I use his blue passive to make Blue AP with a Kang and Deathlok team to send enemy away?"

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

We're gonna need new initials for Hawkeye if we're giving HE to this guy.

Also zoinks, 95k health at 450??? And that will be boosted further by his passive yellow.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

His Blue and Black will hit hard in the right conditions (5 covers assumed):

Blue: 2492+15*1246=24182. But you'll rarely wait till the enemy has made 15 matches/powers fired. It will probably be on average 6-7 so your really talking 11214 (7 points) unless you wait until 10 for the stun.

Black: The permanent damage is going to be smaller the lower the enemy health since it's based on health and not max health. So when a character is down to say 30K health the permanent part will only be 30K.12=3.6K permanent damage. Where it will really hit hard is the secondary part which will then kick in to do 18% of (95436-30000) = 11778. So the lower the enemy health the harder the 2nd part of the power will hit. He should down the target around 15K health (15000.12=1.8K damage plus 90000-15000=75000*.18=13500 > 15000 health)

The Yellow passive seems ideal for players like EntrailBucket who have 550s to pair him with. If he's at 450 and he's paired with 550s then he should be getting 100% bonus to his health, ability and match damage. That I think effectively makes him a 550! More importantly, I suspect this health is 'free health' in that it comes off first when he's damaged so that he can lose 50% health and you'd be able to go into the next fight fully healthy. If this is how it works, his passive Yellow is by far his best power for players who have higher level characters to team him with.

KGB

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options

That yellow passive seems off.

At the base its a 50% increase to health and 10% increase to ability/match damage. Then with the next cover its 60% increase to both health and ability/match damage. And they move up the same amount (80, 100 and 140) for each additional cover.

• dianetics
    edited April 2023
    Options

KGB looks like your math is wrong on his blue. It is 21182 15x1246 = 18690 + 2492 . 21182. Maybe just a typo?

Also his yellow as it reads is if he is not the highest level. As it reads it seems that if he is not the highest level on the board, not his team. So you will want to bring him against god boosted teams or high level CL10 opponents.
    Also he will get 140% bonus and his team will get half of those bonuses per level.

**edit I doubt the health is free health, I would guess it works like god boosted characters work in relation to sim.

** double-edit I wonder if he can target himself with his active yellow, and what it will do.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Alright this was bugging me so I sat down with a pen and paper and crunched the numbers.

His blue will do a max of 21.1k damage stun the target for 2 turns and reduce their abilities level for 3 turns. Pretty useless to reduce abilities for 3 turns if they are stunned for 2. Blue is probably his worst ability.

His yellow passive is ... interesting. Since it clearly says up to 550 we can assume the power gains are based on 100 levels. Each difference in level will give him 1.4% bonus per level.
    It is essentially a god boost baked into the character. This ability will get less good the more covers you have and will not do much if he is boosted. However if you are fighting boosted characters you want to bring him along so you can be on par. Pretty cool.
    It will not be of any value if your High Evolution is max level and you are fighting against another max level character that is god boosted though.

This will take him from 95k health to 229k health. His blue match damage will be 2563 and his blue will hit for 50.6k

His black will do up to 27k extra damage.

So he is somebody you will want to roster to at least fight against god boosted characters in PvP, and he will be useful in PvE.

Thank you for the analsys. For 480+ MMR rosters, Do you think they will want to level him to their current MMR or just keep him at 450? I didn't fully understand the mechanics of yellow, but it definitely sounds like he's better against higher level opponents. So one application could be to break through the 5* wall before throwing your own version of god boosted characters.

For sub 480 rosters. Do you still recommend that they keep him below 480 or would it be safe to pump him to head of the roster.

This question is sorta important because it will dictate if people want to break hoards to pump him high or just champ him via tokens

txs KGB for diving into the numbers.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

I don't understand the wording on the yellow passive.

Why not just cover the character and not add any levels to it? Or maybe softcap based on your highest level character. I guess we can test it in his PvP.

Either way looks like a very interesting character.

• dianetics
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Phumade said:
    For 480+ MMR rosters, Do you think they will want to level him to their current MMR or just keep him at 450? I didn't fully understand the mechanics of yellow, but it definitely sounds like he's better against higher level opponents. So one application could be to break through the 5* wall before throwing your own version of god boosted characters.

For sub 480 rosters. Do you still recommend that they keep him below 480 or would it be safe to pump him to head of the roster.

If his yellow is at 5 covers

What I see here is you want to keep him at 450 to get the most out of his yellow. The stronger your roster is the less powerful his yellow is. He will boost his teammates to his level. But he will never go beyond 550. So a 550 player can bring him along, but the yellow will be useless beyond 550.

He gives essentially a 1.4% increase per level to himself up to 550. So if he is 480 the max increase he will see is a 98% boost. Where a 450 variant of EVO will boost up to 140%
    He will also give his teamates a boost of 0.7% per level.

There are two scenarios here

IF: You have a 480 Thor a 450 EVO and a 450 RiRi AND Thor is the highest level character on both sides
    Then: EVO will boost to 480 and gain a 42% boost AND RiRi will get a 21% boost.

IF: You have a 480 Thor a 450 EVO and a 450 RiRi AND your opponent has a 550 whatever
    Then: EVO will boost to 550 and gain 140% AND Thor will gain a 49% boost AND RiRi will get a 70% boost.

There is no reason at all to level him past 450. Unless you would rather rely on his Blue and Black...but is seems those benefit more from his yellow boosting than they would from natural level gain.

So if you are at 480 get him to 450 and leave him there with a 355 build

This all assumes he is checking who the highest level is on both sides.

• dianetics
    Options

@Codex said:
    I don't understand the wording on the yellow passive.

Why not just cover the character and not add any levels to it? Or maybe softcap based on your highest level character. I guess we can test it in his PvP.

Either way looks like a very interesting character.

I did not even consider soft capping him. His boost is a flat 140%.

Well carp this changes everything

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    We're gonna need new initials for Hawkeye if we're giving HE to this guy.

Also zoinks, 95k health at 450??? And that will be boosted further by his passive yellow.

Do we already have a HG? Hawkguy can take that.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

First of all, if there is a sure winner to the Most Bugged Character 2023, here it is.
    A passive which can't be disabled by starting stun! Hey devs, how about sharing this feature with some characters? Then chasm wouldn't totally nerf them and perhaps they could have a chance to play pvp!

This character seems an annoying tank. He can gain a lot of the strongest enemy color for sure.
    His yellow passive advices him to have him underleved. But his active not! It's cheap and can support characters who already deal a lot of damage. Then it's needed to see if it stacks up with affiliations % bonus. And then that could hurt.
    His blue is interesting. A bit expensive but it's based on waiting until the right time.
    Something says me he will be popular as AI can use him well.
    Only thing I don't like is he shares too many colors with kang.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

Well, as a player whose roster is ~450 i’m excited for this character! As others have pointed out his yellow passive appears to mean that as long as you bring a god boosted character he himself can get up to a 140% boost to health and all damage!
    Furthermore he’ll be giving up to a 70% boost to health and all damage to his teammates including the already naturally god boosted character….

What phrase shall we coin for this boost? Turbo God? Giga God (GG boost has an apt ring to it, as it rapidly heralds the end of the match… good game!).

• dianetics
    Options

I'm pretty sure he matches the highest level character on either team (up to 550) not just your team. So you do not have to bring a boosted character to get these bonuses, just fight against one.