***** High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) *****

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bzhai said:
    We're gonna need new initials for Hawkeye if we're giving HE to this guy.

Also zoinks, 95k health at 450??? And that will be boosted further by his passive yellow.

I'm going call him Hi-guy

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker

@dianetics said:
    I'm pretty sure he matches the highest level character on either team (up to 550) not just your team. So you do not have to bring a boosted character to get these bonuses, just fight against one.

Yeah, the wording does imply either side.
    But why wouldn’t you want a GG boost character on your team? (Certain 5*s excluded)

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

@Gymp28 said:
    Yeah, the wording does imply either side.
    But why wouldn’t you want a GG boost character on your team? (Certain 5*s excluded)

I'm just go to stick to calling him EVO for the forseable future.

I wasn't trying to imply you don't want a boosted character to bring with him, just that you don't have to. Put it this way, if Jessica Jones is boosted to 550+ and you are fighting against a boosted Jessica Jones.

If you have Jessica Jones and Chasm both at 450 would you rather take Jessica Jones boosted to 550+ or would you rather bring Chasm with a 70% boost?

There are many instances where you would rather take a much stronger unboosted character like Apocalypse or Okoye to boost damage out even further. Since EVO's boosts are percentage based they should stack with those boosts as well.

Like if I had to choose between the nearly the entire roster of GB characters vs and unboosted Chasm I'd probably still take Chasm.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker

This is certainly all fair comment, and at the end of the day it comes down to personal playstyle.

I think we can probably all agree that a 70% boosted Chasm 100% of the time (rather than just god boost week) is a sign of the end times 🤪

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor

You have to consider every new character evaluation requires 2 parts:

1) How good is the character based on their ability descriptions?

2) What’s the likelihood their abilities will actually work as described and how good is that character if they don’t?

The first is hard enough but the second is near impossible. I’ll join Greenpeace and wait to see some whales:)

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler

This guy is going to be so much fun or unfun with chasm based on which side he is on and taking a boosted character against him only adds to the misery let’s see

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Again, this community is very bad at evaluating stuff on paper.
    I'll wait and see how he plays.

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX It looks like there's a typo in the yellow passive, because the base level says, "50% bonus max health and 10% bonus ability and base match damage" (a 50/10 ratio) while the additional levels have the same percentage for both fields (60/60, etc).

Also would be great to clarify three other points:

• Are enemy levels factored into the "highest level" difference?
    • How does the cap work for the ally boost? Basically, this part, "Then his team gains half those bonuses, up to his level"
    • The yellow active says, "if a teammate is chosen", but the start of the power says "Choose an ally", which would seem to imply that a teammate would always be chosen.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler

@froggerjohn said:

• The yellow active says, "if a teammate is chosen", but the start of the power says "Choose an ally", which would seem to imply that a teammate would always be chosen.

I read this as he can choose himself and get the health and dmg boost. If a teammate is chosen, they'll cap at his levels.

But would be good to find out.

• froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

Ooh, that's a good analysis, and sounds right. Thanks!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    KGB looks like your math is wrong on his blue. It is 21182 15x1246 = 18690 + 2492 . 21182. Maybe just a typo?

Also his yellow as it reads is if he is not the highest level. As it reads it seems that if he is not the highest level on the board, not his team. So you will want to bring him against god boosted teams or high level CL10 opponents.
    Also he will get 140% bonus and his team will get half of those bonuses per level.

**edit I doubt the health is free health, I would guess it works like god boosted characters work in relation to sim.

** double-edit I wonder if he can target himself with his active yellow, and what it will do.

Your right, I fat fingered the calculator in my rush to crunch the numbers.

If his Yellow boosts based off of either them then he will make a GREAT 3rd character in PvE vs CL10 enemies. Getting potentially +50 levels to all your characters will be huge. I'm hoping it's free health but you might be right.

This character is going to be useful just for the Yellow alone even if he's not Meta.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

I'd say the community is pretty bad at evaluating complex ability sets without using the character (and part of this is due to absolutely baffling, bizarre wording chosen in ability descriptions).

Most of the significant misses happened because a character's abilities just didn't make sense on paper. Like, now I have a really good idea of all the stuff Chasm does, and I have no idea what any of his abilities actually say, or how I'd write descriptions of those abilities.

Characters with relatively uncomplicated, vanilla type abilities tend to get evaluated pretty accurately.

This particular guy is exactly the opposite of uncomplicated.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bzhai said:
    We're gonna need new initials for Hawkeye if we're giving HE to this guy.

Also zoinks, 95k health at 450??? And that will be boosted further by his passive yellow.

I'm going call him Hi-guy

HEye5 for me.

• TheHawkNY
    TheHawkNY Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

@IceIX will the in-match descriptions reflect the actual calculations? I'd like to be able to use powers and know what they are going to do without needing to use a calculator.

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards

Blue passive has some intriguing potential. Basically a hedge against enemy cascades.

If half Thor or Jane Foster cause a bunch of cascades, you could fill up AP pretty quickly. The nuance will be knowing who is targetable to get you the colors you want.

I don't know the strongest color of meta characters, but if someone has blue, you could passive into a Kang easy win.

• Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker

I just want to have fun playing a video game, stop making things so complicated!

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

Yet another ridiculously stupidly overly complicated character. What in the name of mephisto is driving this? It's sure as heck not player feedback.

I feel like the orphan at the beginning of Nacho Libre. "How come we cant ever have just like a salad?"

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler

@Palookaville said:
    I just want to have fun playing a video game, stop making things so complicated!

now u can have fun doing Maths! math is gut fur brain >:)

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

I'd say the community is pretty bad at evaluating complex ability sets without using the character (and part of this is due to absolutely baffling, bizarre wording chosen in ability descriptions).

Most of the significant misses happened because a character's abilities just didn't make sense on paper. Like, now I have a really good idea of all the stuff Chasm does, and I have no idea what any of his abilities actually say, or how I'd write descriptions of those abilities.

Characters with relatively uncomplicated, vanilla type abilities tend to get evaluated pretty accurately.

This particular guy is exactly the opposite of uncomplicated.

Yeah they seem to be in love with complicated skill sets.
    One could argue they should get their basic stuff in order before adding more complexity.
    But of course that would be "the players", holding the devs back.