***** High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) *****

Options

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:
    So there literally no reason to use Evo at all.
    Even as a transitioner you are better off using a synergy team instead of boosting 2 great 4s.

The boost per level is far too low, if they were my initial guesses it could have been acceptable at some level.

His only real use is his blue now giving ap per match or power fired. I would rather take Abigail.

boosted Abigail Brand is pretty solid actually. She's great an denying ap to the enemy.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options

@EB
    I assume if Evo was boosted to say 600 and highest opponent was 672, then Evo would get 72/295 *140% boost, but can't say this for sure yet.
    And if teammates were at 450 then they would get 150/295 *140% boost (but again can't say for sure yet).

So like most 5*, he could be useful in a boost week depending on which other 5*s were also boosted that week.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@trenchdigger said:
    @EB
    I assume if Evo was boosted to say 600 and highest opponent was 672, then Evo would get 72/295 *140% boost, but can't say this for sure yet.
    And if teammates were at 450 then they would get 150/295 *140% boost (but again can't say for sure yet).

So like most 5*, he could be useful in a boost week depending on which other 5*s were also boosted that week.

His kit says it maxes at 550. So he would get no boost. There’s a lot of problem with how it is working now honestly. So I doubt there is any boost beyond the 550 level.

The biggest problem is his wording is terrible and the implementation is worse than the wording implies.

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

The wording is exciting and makes it sound like he will shake things up and make opponents weaker while boosting your underleveled characters, but it sounds like in reality he does mostly nothing. Maybe that’s why these descriptions are so confusing, to help sales.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options

@dianetics
    You are absolutely right. I looked back at @SourCream's streams and with Evo at 550 and opponents at 570, Evo receives no boost.
    I had assumed the up to 550 was only used to justify the denominator of 295, but seems it is also used to calculate the numerator as well.
    That does match the description, but they have been so flaky recently, you never know.

I have to say, that this means he is also of no use during his boost week either. I was starting to waver about whether to pull for him, and this is the final nail in his coffin.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,945 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hahaha, so that 550 number in his powerset is hardcoded? Oof. I thought it might scale if he's boosted. His black power is percentage based, so it presumably also doesn't scale with the boost...

Not lookin' good for ol' Evolutionary here

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, hard pass until his balance pass 🤣

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 657 Critical Contributor
    Options

25 shards away from a fully champed kang, looks like I can get back to hoarding for the foreseeable

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sad to agree and we have a solid contestant to Bugged Awards 2023.
    He could be the first character who needs a complete rework before his release.
    Add him to the long queue of tasks to do in the game, devs.

• entrailbucket
    Options

There's a fantastic general point to be made here.

Percentage-based abilities in MPQ, that don't scale with level, are either horrifically bad or way, way too good, with very little middle ground. They should stop making them altogether.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Normalized abilities are a thing in arpgs with no legs. If you don’t feel getiing more powerful the hampster Wheel has no power.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Normalized abilities are a thing in arpgs with no legs. If you don’t feel getiing more powerful the hampster Wheel has no power.

Oh you nailed it, that's exactly it! I didn't think about why those abilities are bad (or sometimes, too good). It's because MPQ is all about the hamster wheel! The whole point of this game is levelling up your guys, and fixed-percentage abilities make that pointless.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2023
    Options

[Redacted]

It's getting harder and harder to get excited for any new characters these days, at least for me. The only puzzle in this game trying to figure out these complex characters getting churned out left and right.

Complex wouldn't be too bad if the abilities worked and the character was actually good. With some of these characters just seems like a big waste of everyone's time, developers and players. Releasing complex characters that either aren't fun, weak sauce, or bugged. Then players having to decipher what level of trash we got from release to release and see these dud characters clog up the latest legend store for months.

Mod note: Removed inappropriate comment - fight4thedream

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@tonypq said:
    [redacted]

It's getting harder and harder to get excited for any new characters these days, at least for me. The only puzzle in this game trying to figure out these complex characters getting churned out left and right.

Complex wouldn't be too bad if the abilities worked and the character was actually good. With some of these characters just seems like a big waste of everyone's time, developers and players. Releasing complex characters that either aren't fun, weak sauce, or bugged. Then players having to decipher what level of trash we got from release to release and see these dud characters clog up the latest legend store for months.
    Mod note: Removed inappropriate comment - fight4thedream

This is not cool. We all joke around about this stuff but this post is crossing lines in my opinion. Please reconsider that a lot of obvious effort went into this design and that it doesn't work is not intentionally meant to offend us.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok. So he boosts his black damage with his yellow. But not his blue.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

TLDR, to sum up his start of battle passive :

• If 550 Evo with 370 4* + 450 5*

370 4* will get 85% boost in health and match damage.
    450 5* will get 47% boost in health and match damage.

Using formula provided by @trenchdigger.
    Difference in levels divide by 295, then time 140% (5Covers)

4* = 180/295140% = 85%
    = 100/295*140% = 47%

• If 450 Evo with 370 4* + 450 5*

370 4* will get 37% boost in health and match damage.
    Any 5* 450 or above will get 0% boost in health and match damage.

Currently, ability damage not boosting.
    Also, weekly or newly boost levels will not be a factor in computation.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@tonypq said:
    Feels like the few people responsible for character creation and development throw all these abilities together after taking repeated bong hits.

Each had their own ideas that at the time sounded good. Stoned out their minds concensus couldn't be reached, so they agree just mash everything together and release the character.

This is not cool. We all joke around about this stuff but this post is crossing lines in my opinion. Please reconsider that a lot of obvious effort went into this design and that it doesn't work is not intentionally meant to offend us.

Really? after the multiple spamming snark threads, joke polls, and admitted teasing at their expense - YOU wanna play tu-tut thats a bridge too far? Over what?: insinuation that these new designs don’t make any sense?
    Please un-ban hound so the chairpersons can have a new reason to clog up threads with their need to selective outrage.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 657 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2023
    Options

@purplemur said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@tonypq said:
    Feels like the few people responsible for character creation and development throw all these abilities together after taking repeated bong hits.

Each had their own ideas that at the time sounded good. Stoned out their minds concensus couldn't be reached, so they agree just mash everything together and release the character.

Really? after the multiple spamming snark threads, joke polls, and admitted teasing at their expense - YOU wanna play tu-tut thats a bridge too far? Over what?: insinuation that these new designs don’t make any sense?
    Please un-ban hound so the chairpersons can have a new reason to clog up threads with their need to selective outrage.

Ohhh, won't somebody please think of the children!

• I had to edit because if I'm going to quote the Simpsons then by god its gonna be accurate
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

ehhxcellent! Lets derail this thread with Simpsons quotes!

Everytime they drop chars like this I think of Abe asleep on the job…

“stupid babies need the most attention! “

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@purplemur said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@tonypq said:

There are ways to express disappointment that don't involve insulting people's effort and questioning their professionalism. So yes. Really, really. You do your work stoned? Good for you if you do. This character is "complex". That means effort was put into making it so. It seems to have failed but not through intent or lack of trying. So go take your Hound accusation and go tell us all to adjust our expectations. Sometimes things don't need to be nasty.

Edit: BTW I am sorry that anything I have posted here on this forum seems to have personally offended you. You can always alert the Mods to anything I do that you find insufferable, I can assure you they have no issues with warning me or deleting my posts. Or you can put me on ignore. None of this is snarky or being belligerent - I sincerely have no wish to make any other posters here have an experience that takes away from what the forum should give them. I think the post I quoted was unnecessarily ****. You think I am being hypocritical. That is fine. We can talk about it or not but I would sooner not post again than make any other posters here have a poor experience, so sorry if I have done that to you.