***** High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) *****

Options
12345679»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Right, so like, now that we know he can put out really good damage on black, the question becomes: is this a thing you ever actually want/need to do, and is it worth the cost?

Big single-target damage is useful, but it's definitely not as useful as AoE. I find those kinds of powers to be more useful than everybody thinks...but I'm mainly using them to one-shot damage reducers or other problematic defensive types (BRB etc).

Also since it's an active power that requires black AP and multiple casts of yellow, it's not easy to get there. Against the Maggia goons + a tile mover, Evolutionary generates tons of free yellow, so that wasn't a problem. It wouldn't be nearly as doable against other enemies, though.

So there's a ton of downsides here compared to all the characters that are in the top tier. I feel like I'll probably get some use out of him when boosted -- at the very least as a health pack saver with a little damage upside. But I don't think he's good in the way that Chasm or Thor is.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    ... But I don't think he's good in the way that Chasm or Thor is.

Well the point is noone should be as good as them >:)

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

@TheRiddler Holy Jugs, the highest health I saw was around 3 million, yours is close to 10 !

@trenchdigger That's what I meant by stackable and compound on new max number.. I didn't try to figure out the math like you did, just know it was significant after a few casts.

@entrailbucket Black just one aspect of his buff...

Under normal condition, not boost week or event.
    A level 550 Evo after 6 casts of yellow will be buff to a level 645 health wise and level 679 match and ability damage wise. The banner in game will not update the newly buffed ability damage number, but the numbers are in play. O, his starting passive still does not buff ability damage number, so it's not an display issue.

He can also buff his ally .... also 6 casts.

% wise, the 3* is higher, but Evo can only cast on an ally with lower health than him.

Not the greatest 5*, but can be very good depending how you play the game or him.

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

I was using the 3* version next to 4* jugs and Chavez, after a few yellow casts he had more health and was doing good damage. I’m so confused with this character

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

I don't see the value on defense.

On offense, he feels more like a pick-3 character you would use if you enjoy his specific gameplay type. The conversation here reminds me a bit of how Kitty+BRB+Polaris can be fun once you flood the board with protect tiles.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Right, so like, now that we know he can put out really good damage on black, the question becomes: is this a thing you ever actually want/need to do, and is it worth the cost?

Big single-target damage is useful, but it's definitely not as useful as AoE. I find those kinds of powers to be more useful than everybody thinks...but I'm mainly using them to one-shot damage reducers or other problematic defensive types (BRB etc).

Is it worth the cost / time invested in a match. We could generate 30 blue for Gargantos, but normally we don't. Your BRB use case is interesting, but I rarely let him run the board for me and Jeff might be able to do it better. For 6 green Jeff powers up and clears the board, or for a ton of yellow and 8 black EVO will just out damage the reduction. /shrug

I still don't see the use case where this actually falls in. It reminds me of a lot of the low tier 4* heroes. Get a bunch in one or 2 colors so you can can fire an improved power.

Who do you pair him with that generates yellow reliably? Electro is funny but insanely niche.

This really doesn't change my stance on where he is at, like at all. He is a good choice to transition to 5* land or for people with smaller rosters. His 3* is good for transitioning as well.

I was wrong about him being at Abigail Brands level though. So party time I guess.

When he's boosted he'll be somewhere between fine and good. When he's not boosted he'll be totally unusable. This puts him in the mid tier, along with all the other guys who are only usable when boosted, which is the vast majority of all 5*.

I very much doubt that I'll ever see him in PvP, and probably never unboosted. The hoarders will skip him completely, or get enough covers to champion him, because those players only target and use the very best characters.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He is a good support character forpick 3, he provides AP and he can stun in time.
    Is a good support character a good character in MPQ? Never.
    But out of competitive pvp he probably will find use, and the 3* version will be useful as a tough tank.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

My observation is that he seems pretty great on defence, even at 1/1/1, especially against my MThor. Not sure if I was just getting unlucky but if you get a decent turn 1 or 2 cascade as the player I was then being absolutely annihilated with all the powers EVOs blue passive would let the enemy team quickly fire off.
    Because of this I found myself wanting to kill him first, but he has such a massive health pool it’s not so easy to do that.

• Borstock
    Options

@Gymp28 said:
    My observation is that he seems pretty great on defence, even at 1/1/1, especially against my MThor. Not sure if I was just getting unlucky but if you get a decent turn 1 or 2 cascade as the player I was then being absolutely annihilated with all the powers EVOs blue passive would let the enemy team quickly fire off.
    Because of this I found myself wanting to kill him first, but he has such a massive health pool it’s not so easy to do that.

This was not my experience. Where is your Dr. Thor, level-wise?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I like that his Research counters are tracked quietly in the background without any unnecessary obstructions to the battle and you can check by clicking his profile. Much better than spamming unique tiles all over the board and making the match last 3 years.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

@Borstock said:

@Gymp28 said:

1. Most of my 5 stars are only just above baby champ
  • Borstock
    Options

@Gymp28 said:

@Borstock said:

@Gymp28 said:

1. Most of my 5 stars are only just above baby champ

Interesting. Not sure why my experience was so different from yours. But maybe I unconsciously avoided Dr. Thor and didn't realize it.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Looks like ally ability damage is being boosted now but it won’t show on the description. It shows on activation.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options

HE with Deatlock and Riri is unbelievable against high level opponents. Set HE to 553.