***** Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) *****

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,980 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    It reads like she just hits the front target enemy then when downed moves on to the next enemy.

I don't think a booster is necessary. 8 hits at 20k each is rather impressive. I think someone the helps with web tiles is most important

I guess it depends what you're trying to kill! I was thinking PvE enemies where you can pick-3. In regular PvP, yeah, you'll want a web tile guy probably.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Bad said:

@killahKlown said:

Dang i did forget about that
    So 8 hits of 30k. Or at 15 AP it's 8 hits of 40k.

So are you going to pull until maxing her? Because you are talking of 40k which is his 550 level hit.

Those are numbers for 255. At 450 it's 9k per hit and at 550 it's 20k per hit.

Assuming red is at rank 5 with 16 web tiles:

Level 255 - 2332 *8 = 18,656
    Level 450 - 9,434 *8 = 75,472
    Level 550 - 20,405 *8 = 163,240

If modified with black at Rank 3:

Level 255 - 18,656 + 50% = 27,984
    Level 450 - 75,472 + 50% = 113,208
    Level 550 - 163,240 +50% = 244,860

If modified with black at Rank 5:

Level 255 - 18,656 + 100% = 37,312
    Level 450 - 75,472 + 100% = 150,944
    Level 550 - 163,240 +100% = 326,480

Unless my math is horribly off those numbers are quite scary. For reference a 550 Apoc red hits for 111,440 with yellow tiles out and 176,028 with black (assuming both abilities at Rank 5). Of course it's not going to be an apple to apple comparison because the ap requirements are different for both characters.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think you get max effect at 14 Web tiles, or you get 9 hits at 16.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:

Those are numbers for 255. At 450 it's 9k per hit and at 550 it's 20k per hit.

you aren't saying nothing different than I was saying.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    Apocalypse red and scorpion purple don't specifically say they will hit another opponent if the first target is downed but they do work that way. Actually I'm having a hard time thinking of a character with a multi hit attack that just ends if the first target is downed.

Apocalypse says the lowest health target so there is something to suggest if he downs a target the next lowest health target gets hit ;but wondering what is the purpose of having multiple hits if it is about downing only one target it being a single target nuke or multi hit does not make a difference isn’t it

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

I was just echoing your statement Briman2222 it s just that the wordings in the recent five stars have not been very clear

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is it just cheaper to use the same characters, or advertise for other related media, than to make a new character for the game?

I don't even care what she does at this point. I'll cover her, because I collect, and I don't want to miss anything, but I lost all interest at the reveal.

We have several spiders, several symbiotes, even multiple Gwens, and Gwenom adds another tick to all three boxes.

Meanwhile, there are hundreds of characters with rich histories and zero representation in game.

Anyway, I'm just ranting. I'll collect because it's been part of my daily routine for too long, but my excitement is long gone for the game. I don't even bother with VIP anymore, which is something I did for a while as a means of simply supporting the game.

• entrailbucket
    Options

There's like a billion characters in this game already and I'd never heard of half of them previously. Everyone I can think of who's "major" that's outstanding seems to be problematic for them in ways we either do or don't understand. (Omega Red I don't get, Red Skull I definitely get.)

Also remember they're beholden to Marvel for a lot of this stuff. Marvel requires all the mobile games like this to cross-promote with upcoming movies and shows.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,430 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's quite a few bigger ones that aren't here, like Tombstone, Shocker, Hobgoblin, a bunch of different X-Men, Jigsaw.

Marvel has such a deep pool of heroes and villains that unless there is a tie in specific release we should be getting all new characters.

This year has been pretty good though since most of the characters are new, and almost all I've never heard of. So that's always cool to see for a YouTube rabbit hole once in a while.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,981 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Blackstone said:
    Is it just cheaper to use the same characters, or advertise for other related media, than to make a new character for the game?

I don't even care what she does at this point. I'll cover her, because I collect, and I don't want to miss anything, but I lost all interest at the reveal.

We have several spiders, several symbiotes, even multiple Gwens, and Gwenom adds another tick to all three boxes.

Meanwhile, there are hundreds of characters with rich histories and zero representation in game.

Anyway, I'm just ranting. I'll collect because it's been part of my daily routine for too long, but my excitement is long gone for the game. I don't even bother with VIP anymore, which is something I did for a while as a means of simply supporting the game.

IceIX has taken to listing every character in the year released - so far this year only Magik, Human Torch And Spider Gwen were in game as playable previously- Wong was a support of course. So of the eleven release weeks of 2023, 70%+ have to date never been playable before in MPQ.

I can't speak for Blackstone, but for me the game has over represented the Spiderverse in the last couple of years.

I remember when everyone used to groan about another 'Wolverine' being released but there are only 4 of him in the game (2-5 star versions) and if you consider his extended family you can add 2,3 and 5 star Daken, X23 and Sabretooth. But since OML was the 2nd 5 star release ever way back in 2016ish, we've only had 5 star Daken and Sabretooth added in the last 7 years.

Meanwhile we have 1-5 star Spiderman and when you add in his extended family you get 3 Spider Gwens (almost as many as Wolverines), Miles, 2099, Oscorp, Silk, Spider Woman, Spider Ham, Chasm, Black Suit and probably some I missed. None of that includes the massive number of symbiotes (Venoms and Carnages) added either. In other words we have PLENTY of spider verse characters in the game and if we didn't get another one for a couple of years (I'm OK with adding in his Rogues gallery since those aren't Spider or symbiote characters) I for one would be happy.

There are tons of other characters to put into the game, lets stop with the spider verse variants for a while.

KGB

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 961 Critical Contributor
    Options

Are there any characters that do targeted multiple hits, but do not continue if the front enemy is downed?

Valkyrie also does multiple hits, but explicitly states that she continues if the enemy is downed.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,981 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    Are there any characters that do targeted multiple hits, but do not continue if the front enemy is downed?

Valkyrie also does multiple hits, but explicitly states that she continues if the enemy is downed.

I remember when Valkrie was released and it was a big deal that her Red continued on if the enemy was downed. She was the first I believe to carry over and I am sure there were characters prior to her that didn't which is why she was a big deal.

Someone above posted that Scorpion carries over even though his power doesn't say it does. I just tried testing in the current PvE and as far as I can tell, it did not carry over to the next goon. But it's also possible it took my 3rd hit to down the character in front (hard to tell when you have strikes out and are trying to calculate whether you can risk another match damage before firing the power). Someone else might want to confirm Scorpion for example.

If Scorpion does and Gwenom does, they should update the descriptions to say that along with any other characters who need updated descriptions.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:
    If Scorpion does and Gwenom does, they should update the descriptions to say that along with any other characters who need updated descriptions.

KGB

There are a lot of characters who need updated descriptions. There are tons of inconsistencies in how things are worded, across the board.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Your Scorpion must be weak then. Scorpion is a very popular character in competitive pce for wave nodes not only because of his multi hits carrying on to next character (often downing and entire wave) but also because of the purple AP recharge he generates for downing multiple enemies

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,679 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Blackstone said:

IceIX has taken to listing every character in the year released - so far this year only Magik, Human Torch And Spider Gwen were in game as playable previously- Wong was a support of course. So of the eleven release weeks of 2023, 70%+ have to date never been playable before in MPQ.

I can't speak for Blackstone, but for me the game has over represented the Spiderverse in the last couple of years.

I remember when everyone used to groan about another 'Wolverine' being released but there are only 4 of him in the game (2-5 star versions) and if you consider his extended family you can add 2,3 and 5 star Daken, X23 and Sabretooth. But since OML was the 2nd 5 star release ever way back in 2016ish, we've only had 5 star Daken and Sabretooth added in the last 7 years.

Meanwhile we have 1-5 star Spiderman and when you add in his extended family you get 3 Spider Gwens (almost as many as Wolverines), Miles, 2099, Oscorp, Silk, Spider Woman, Spider Ham, Chasm, Black Suit and probably some I missed. None of that includes the massive number of symbiotes (Venoms and Carnages) added either. In other words we have PLENTY of spider verse characters in the game and if we didn't get another one for a couple of years (I'm OK with adding in his Rogues gallery since those aren't Spider or symbiote characters) I for one would be happy.

There are tons of other characters to put into the game, lets stop with the spider verse variants for a while.

KGB

There are currently zero X-Men movies happening. Expect more Wolverine when that changes.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,430 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's a new Deadpool movie coming with wolverine in it. The last one was an almost X-Men movie :)
    We know that the Marvel cinematic Kamala is a mutant, so there should be a reboot and introduction of mutants to the wider MCU soon I would guess.

• Blackstone
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Ok. The next 20 characters could not be spiders and we'd still have a whole lot of spiders.

I respect what you're saying, it just doesn't have anything to do with my comment you quoted.

• Blackstone
    Options

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Blackstone said:

KGB

This. I agree with all of this. Which is nice after some of the responses to my comments had nothing to do with what I was saying.

Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough.

Further, I was just expressing my opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

I second the idea of spider villains if they need a character from a spider movie, instead of yet another spider.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:
    There's a new Deadpool movie coming with wolverine in it. The last one was an almost X-Men movie :)
    We know that the Marvel cinematic Kamala is a mutant, so there should be a reboot and introduction of mutants to the wider MCU soon I would guess.

For a very, very long time, Demiurge wasn't allowed to do mutants/X-Men at all (it was during the time when Marvel was heavily pushing Inhumans because Fox owned all the mutants, or something like that). We used to complain about it a lot. That's why some of the over/underrepresentation happened, and I don't know if they ever really caught up.