***** Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) *****

Options

Comments

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    edited May 2023
    Options

What if he is the last character standing, and has more than 10ap in a color he can't fire? Then he literally could be full health, but almost utterly useless and therefore represents an almost auto loss? The damage better be amazing if that is a mechanism in play here, because you'll never get to save enough ap in his actives to survive

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MgoBlue51 said:
    What if he is the last character standing, and has more than 10ap in a color he can't fire? Then he literally could be full health, but almost utterly useless and therefore represents an almost auto loss? The damage better be amazing if that is a mechanism in play here, because you'll never get to save enough ap in his actives to survive

It's worse than that. It's 10 AP total, not 10 AP in 1 color and it may include TU too. Once this this character is the last one standing there is no way the can keep it under the AP limit because cascades will ensure AP you can't get rid of. So match damage will effectively be 0 and this character will have to rely on Red/Black powers to finish off the enemy.

It really makes me suspect the unnamed tile is going to be a void tile in order to ensure this character isn't collecting much AP.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@MgoBlue51 said:

It's worse than that. It's 10 AP total, not 10 AP in 1 color and it may include TU too. Once this this character is the last one standing there is no way the can keep it under the AP limit because cascades will ensure AP you can't get rid of. So match damage will effectively be 0 and this character will have to rely on Red/Black powers to finish off the enemy.

It really makes me suspect the unnamed tile is going to be a void tile in order to ensure this character isn't collecting much AP.

KGB

If [redacted] are void tiles, and this guy isn't accompanied by a MAJOR change to Chasm, then BCS understand their own game even less than it seems.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

Abyss tiles should be banned from character design space. They were probably designed as opposite to charged tiles, but games dont work like that.
    Tried asking about it in a FAQ, but got no response unfortunately

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'm excited to see the full description of this character and how they will work with 5* magneto's blue... Which is great and could facilitate this character firing more abilities.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Deleted some unnecessary posts and the direct responses to those posts which were not on topic.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

I thought it was Spot then realized it says Heroes. So riding on another comment that it's Pixie, it most likely is. As a candidate to become the next Sorcerer Supreme, she deserves the 5*

It's is Pride month afterall and Pixie is part of that community.

Cover guess:
    X-Men: Pixie Strikes Back, Vol 11

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

@IceIX said:
    Trying something new with this one, in that I'm adding max level (266 or 550) to it as well. Let me know what you think. I think it adds more verticality (double spacing on the lists), but reads alright and has more info.

FINALLY! Thank you @IceIX! I've been asking for the 550 stats to be posted in the Q&A's and I am very very glad to see them. Please please keep including them going forward.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

"Portal Rockin" = it's Spider-Gwen and they're web tiles. Probably in honor of "Into the Spider-verse" coming out soon.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It could be Blink. She manifests knives out of portals, so they could be strike tiles.

• Walk65
    Walk65 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2023
    Options

I’m hoping it is Spider-Punk!

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options

My guess is it's either Spider-Punk or Spider-Gwen as others pointed out. The timing makes sense and the tiles for the kit makes sense to be Web tiles.

Honestly. I'm just happy to have a new 5 star Web tile character. Mostly someone to pair up with 5 Star Peter Parker who isn't a 4 star.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

rick sanchez and portal gun? will we get morty as the support?

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Outside guess:
    5-Star Peter B Parker (Spider-Man)
    3-Star Mayday Parker (Spider-Woman)
    Affiliations: Heroes, Spider-Verse, Multiversal, Enhanced

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's going to be a very long and boring several months or more before latest legends has a anything I want to pull for. Not excited for this character, EV or Jeff.

These complex characters being released consecutively is getting very tiresome. It would be nice going forward to release some more traditional type characters in between all these science projects.

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

I think it's Longshot. I have no reason for saying that other than I want it to be Longshot.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Kross said:
    I think it's Longshot. I have no reason for saying that other than I want it to be Longshot.

In that case, I hope it's Longshot.

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:
    It could be Blink. She manifests knives out of portals, so they could be strike tiles.

I would love Blink as well.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Kross said:

I was going to say that would be a longshot but that joke is far too obvious.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:

If I recall Blink was one of the characters for new 4* poll, I think Black Knight won that one. But like Abomination, even non-winners will be made eventually so it's just a matter of time.

But since her powers are so unique I really hope she gets the 5* treatment instead. I imagine she'll have board shuffling abilities like ME Hulk but more annoying and portal tiles that have random positive and negative effects such as damage avoidance and sending the enemy away.