***** Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) *****

Options

Comments

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Genuinely confused at the 5 star powers of late, it's like I'm playing a different game than the devs. Overly complex but also counterintuitive. I get the theme for gwen but 0 match damage?

It’s not even in theme for the character, since in the comics Gwen gets along with her symbiote. It would have made much more sense for the passive to be something like “when stunned, airborne or away, Gwen’s symbiote makes a match for her”

They really should rewrite that purple and black. They’re both bad. Purple should actively create webs and passively do damage when webs are matched.

You end up with a character that plays well with other spider people and acts as a soft counter to Chasm in a way that isn’t specifically anti-Chasm.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,981 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

...if you're pairing her with a certain power booster who needs to tank in order to boost most effectively, in order to exploit that character's boost stacking multiple times on Gwen's multi hit red ability...

then maybe the fact that Gwen cannot ever tank is actually a positive thing.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@658_2 said:
    Wait, the black stun is one turn per every 15 web tiles? What is the point of this? Really good example of over complication. Why not just make it a one turn stun and put less text in? Or does it not even activate unless there are 15 web tiles?

To be fair it drops to 8 web tiles at 4 covers.

I think the stun part doesn't happen unless there are the required number of web tiles. So yeah at 1 cover I believe no stun unless you have 15 web tiles.

She really needs a web tile partner to get the stun component going even at 8 web tiles.

KGB

Yeah, my read on this character is she's designed more to work with a good web-tile generator than on her own. Her purple is kind of bafflingly bad, IMO. Create 1-12 web tiles for 7 AP, but if you're running against a special tile generator it could well generate 0.

What are we supposed to do, run her with Miles? Seriously, not so great.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A counter to chasm? Chasm wasn't that character who never will let you have 10 APs? Or I'm mistaking him for another?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,982 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    I see her being above average but ONLY against other spider people. Like against chasm.... putting tons of web tiles out. Then BOOM... 8 punches of 20k per. And that is is spread among multiple enemies.. so take out Chasm in hulk with one use of the red.

Are we sure it's spread among multiple enemies? It doesn't say it is like Beta Ray Bills Green. Or are you assuming that if a character is downed, it continues on to the next character (it doesn't say it does that either and some character who do multiple hits stop once the primary target is down)?

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

@KGB said:

@killahKlown said:
    I see her being above average but ONLY against other spider people. Like against chasm.... putting tons of web tiles out. Then BOOM... 8 punches of 20k per. And that is is spread among multiple enemies.. so take out Chasm in hulk with one use of the red.

Are we sure it's spread among multiple enemies? It doesn't say it is like Beta Ray Bills Green. Or are you assuming that if a character is downed, it continues on to the next character (it doesn't say it does that either and some character who do multiple hits stop once the primary target is down)?

KGB

If you've ever run Okoye/Halfthor/Sabertooth in PvE (and if you haven't, go try it!), I expect it to work like that, except potentially more hits, if you can figure out the team comp. 8 potential hits is a lot of hits to get Okoye's boost on.

• KGB
    edited May 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@killahKlown said:

KGB

If you've ever run Okoye/Halfthor/Sabertooth in PvE (and if you haven't, go try it!), I expect it to work like that, except potentially more hits, if you can figure out the team comp. 8 potential hits is a lot of hits to get Okoye's boost on.

Lost to animal bloodlust, Creed slashes 4 times for 233 damage each time, ignoring friendly Strike tiles and

continuing even if he downs the target.

His power is an example of what I meant where it says it continues on after downing the primary target. Hers does not say that so I suspect it doesn't continue on :(

Sorry for using the Heading text. But bolding is not working for me (see my PS) for some reason. This was the only way I could highlight.

KGB

P.S. ** Bold seems to be failing as I tried to use the double star in my quote of Creeds powers but it's not bolding what I enclosed. Nor is this PS bolding **

• entrailbucket
    Options

Yeah, I dunno. We'll have to test and see how it works. It's not at all obvious from the description.

It could be really good though!

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Gamora also continues slashing on after downing an opponent and her description doesn't specifically say it does

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apocalypse red and scorpion purple don't specifically say they will hit another opponent if the first target is downed but they do work that way. Actually I'm having a hard time thinking of a character with a multi hit attack that just ends if the first target is downed.

• entrailbucket
    Options

And, like, to be clear, I don't know if there's anything there or not. But she sure does seem tailor-made to do something super dumb with Okoye. 8 hits is a lot, supports exist in PvE, and not having to worry about tanking makes her better in that team.

• killahKlown
    Options

Yeah I'm curious too who KGB is referring to because I can't think of anyone that works the way he claims.

• KGB
    Options

I'm thinking about older characters.

Pretty sure Grey Suit Widow's Red only hits one character from the 3 potential damage shots.

I think Nebula's (been forever since I used her) Red only hits the target. The power description there more closely matches Spider Gwens since it does extra damage based on Green AP (one per 3 green AP) which is similar to her Red doing extra damage based on Web tiles. Maybe someone can do a quick test...

Just saying characters who do a specific number of multi hits like SabreTooth / Valkyrie all state that their attacks carry over to the next enemy since you get a fixed number. The ones who have a random number of hits based on a condition don't.

KGB

• killahKlown
    Options

Widow deals her damage at once based on tiles destroyed. Thats way diilfferebt than the others. Nebula red only hits target once. Lol so still not sure where you're coming from. The vast majority (if not all) multi hitters carry on to the next enemy. Hell, use gamora in a wave node and her multi hit continues into the next wave.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Scorpions purple does continue after to the next opponent if there are remaining hits. Wolfbane's black too, neither states this in their description.

• entrailbucket
    Options

The question with Gwen is are the hits random or do they work like Sabertooth?

If they work like Sabertooth this has the potential to do some pretty fun stuff, IF you can get some web tiles on board and get enough TU AP (or boost her with a different character).

• killahKlown
    Options

It reads like she just hits the front target enemy then when downed moves on to the next enemy.

I don't think a booster is necessary. 8 hits at 20k each is rather impressive. I think someone the helps with web tiles is most important

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

Let's not forget the passive damage boosts her black gives. Even at level 3 your red is hitting for 50% more if you have 12 ap. Yes, that is slow but I have a feeling she is designed to be played like that. Pool all your ap and obliterate half of your opponent's team in one move.

• killahKlown
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    Let's no forget the passive damage boosts her black gives. Even at level 3 your red is hitting for 50% more if you have 12 ap. Yes, that is slow but I have a feeling she is designed to be played like that. Pool all your ap and obliterate half of your opponent's team in one move.

Dang i did forget about that
    So 8 hits of 30k. Or at 15 AP it's 8 hits of 40k.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:

Dang i did forget about that
    So 8 hits of 30k. Or at 15 AP it's 8 hits of 40k.

So are you going to pull until maxing her? Because you are talking of 40k which is his 550 level hit.