***** Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) *****

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If we get Blink I suspect she will end up as a 4*.

It seems a given that this is a Spider-Verse release.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

Seems very unlikely they’re void tiles. Why would a hero place those and why would they release a character with expensive powers who makes void tiles? Same colors as 4* Miles. No 5* Miles is one of the more glaring omissions in the game, particularly since MPQ promotes the Sony movies.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

This kit is baffling. With the high cost of the powers plus the black passive, you’d think the black and red damage would be exceptionally high, but the red damage is “low”, so probably less than 5k per hit and possibly much less, so instant win with Apoc or Okoye, but far short of a finisher otherwise, and since the black stuns and ignores protects, precedent would indicate the damage won’t be much. If the black passive turned off if his teammates are down, I wouldn’t necessarily be excited, but the kit wouldn’t be flat out weird, but as noted by others, even if the stun is crazy long, this character looks like a sitting duck if his teammates are downed.

Also, who are you supposed to play this character with? Not Chasm, given the high ap costs (with Kang in Sim might be good). PPSM needs a buff and can’t flood the board with web tiles. 4* IWSM is his best partner? If it’s Gwen, I guess 4* Miles would be a good partner.

Not saying the character is likely DOA, but hard to see how this one comes together

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Venomous said:
    My guess is it's either Spider-Punk or Spider-Gwen as others pointed out. The timing makes sense and the tiles for the kit makes sense to be Web tiles.

Honestly. I'm just happy to have a new 5 star Web tile character. Mostly someone to pair up with 5 Star Peter Parker who isn't a 4 star.

I think you might be right. Although I don't think he deserves a 5*, like the female Electro - Francince.... which I still think should have gone to the true Electro - Maxwell Dillon.

Since I'm not familiar with the other spiders after Miguel O'Hara and I pretty much gave up on Spidermen because of the thousands of them, here's my guess for the Spider-Punk cover. It has all the requisite colors.

• Aizen
    Aizen Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

well, the IG page just posted
    Seems like, at the bare minimum, the 5* is going to be gwenom
    Now let's wait and see if the 3* star is also gwen or someone else
    I suppose that 4* spider gwen will be the new feeder and receiver for the new releases

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Aizen said:
    well, the IG page just posted
    Seems like, at the bare minimum, the 5* is going to be gwenom
    Now let's wait and see if the 3* star is also gwen or someone else
    I suppose that 4* spider gwen will be the new feeder and receiver for the new releases

That's ok for a 5*, anyone that has a symbiote is essentially leveled up.

Here's the cover i think they'll use

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

Gwenom was also announced on their Facebook and Twitter social media channels. Just not on the official forums yet...

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

You guys should really control your social media better...

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:

Probably scheduled on a third party planner and mirrored on all social media platforms. It's convenient but can really cause havok when you forget to pause the posting when things on the backend are delayed.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:

I think their social media department lives in Antarctica and can only communicate with the rest of the team via carrier penguin.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bzhai said:

@Jimsta_rooney said:

Probably scheduled on a third party planner and mirrored on all social media platforms. It's convenient but can really cause havok when you forget to pause the posting when things on the backend are delayed.

Case in point: The link provided through their social media channels is broken.
    Reason: D3 Go! Support hasn't announced the news yet :#

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@Jimsta_rooney said:

I think their social media department lives in Antarctica and can only communicate with the rest of the team via carrier penguin.

Hey! You reading my draft for the next Meeting post? Lol

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@Jimsta_rooney said:

😀 that made me laugh!

I think the socials are scheduled and automated, whereas the Forum gets updated by humans so dependant on a number of different factors and timezone differences etc.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

I waited to comment on this before I saw the actual numbers since her kit was so basic.

She is not a centerpiece, and it will be difficult to pair her with anyone in her tier.

Her best ability is probably her red, but she is yet another character that appears to be developed to help people jump tiers. If you have Spider-Man 2099 and Silk she will be great.

She could do some work with Pete Parker.

In all honesty she does not do a whole lot and she feels like an old character.

If anything I would run her 505 and completely skip her black.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,977 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did they change her purple AP cost? I swear it was 7. That ability is not good for 9AP. Her AP costs overall are probably too high.

So happy it's web tiles and not void tiles.

She combos with all the web tile people, but 5* Peter is pretty bad and Chasm is about to get the ax. Her best partners are at the 4* tier and there are probably some fun combos to be had there.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,429 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is not changed. It was always 9.

This character has no actual value. Just take electro and do interesting things.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would love for there to be a 5* web tile meta. Ain't there yet, but hopefully more are coming.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,977 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

An ability that hits up to 8 times is absolutely valuable in a game where Okoye/Apocalypse/etc exist.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

I assume that purple passive is supposed to be that she creates a web tile whenever she makes a match in a color that doesn’t already have a web tile in that color.

This whole kit is a disappointment. Plus, none of the powers are named after songs, which is a huge miss.