***** Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) *****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited June 2023 in Character Details

Spider-Gwen (Gwenom)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Spider-Verse, Multiverse, Symbiotes, Street Level, Enhanced

"After her father was viciously beaten by Rhino, Gwen Stacy needed a power up to go against the Kingpin, the crime boss who ordered the attack. Finding that power in the Venom symbiote, Gwen found herself faster, stronger, and more than capable of taking down Kingpin's goons. Unfortunately for her, the bond isn't perfect, as the symbiote amplifies her appetite for destruction..."

Abilities listed at level 255/450/550
Health: 18073/72645/157008

Portal Partnership - 9 Purple AP
When the going gets tough, the tough call in the Order of the Web for some websistance. Gwen uses the Ticket to the Multiverse to briefly draw in help from a multiversal Spider-Friend. They appear, creating 1 random Web tile(s) for each tile color that does not contain a special tile, Web tiles excepted, rounded down.
(PASSIVE) If no Web tiles exist when Gwen makes a match in a color, create a random Web tile in that color.

• Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
  • Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
  • Level 4: Creates 1.5 Web tiles.
  • Level 5: Creates 2 Web tiles.

March to the Same Beat - 8 Black AP
Spider-Gwen uses the full strength of symbiote combined might to deliver a jumping haymaker right through any defense the opponent has. Deals 2860 damage, ignoring Protect tiles and stunning the opponent for 1 turn for every 15 Web tiles on the board.
(PASSIVE) If Gwen's team has 10 or more total AP, Gwen's match damage is reduced to zero while she fights to maintain control, but ability damage is increased by 25%.
450: 11570 damage / 550: 25025 damage

• Level 2: Deals 3212 damage. Stun for 10 Web tiles. Ability damage increased by 30% if over 11 AP.
    • 450: 12994 damage / 550: 28105 damage
  • Level 3: Deals 3520 damage. Ability damage increased by 50% if over 12 AP.
    • 450: 14240 damage / 550: 30800 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 3872 damage. Stun for 8 Web tiles. Ability damage increased by 75% if over 13 AP.
    • 450: 15664 damage / 550: 33880 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 4180 damage. Ability damage increased by 100% if over 15 AP.
    • 450: 16910 damage / 550: 36575 damage

Drum Duo - 10 Red AP
One, two. One, two... three, four? Whether pounding out time or skulls, Gwen lets loose beats that would put a prog rock drummer to shame. Deals 1672 damage plus another hit for every 3 Web tiles on the board (max 8 hits).
(PASSIVE) Enemy Symbiotes match and ability damage are reduced by 17%.
450: 6764 damage / 550: 14630 damage

• Level 2: Reduce Symbiote damage by 20%.
    • 450: 6764 damage / 550: 14630 damage
  • Level 3: Deals 1848 damage. Reduce Symbiote damage by 21%.
    • 450: 7476 damage / 550: 16170 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 2024 damage. Extra hit for every 2 Web tiles. Reduce Symbiote damage by 25%.
    • 450: 8188 damage / 550: 17710 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 2332 damage. Reduce Symbiote damage by 35%.
    • 450: 9434 damage / 550: 20405 damage

Feeder Update

Release Events

Story
Strange Sights - 6/1 - 6/4
Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

Venom Bomb - 6/4 - 6/8
Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
Dimensional Duel - Spider-Gwen (Spider-Verse) - 6/1 - 6/5
Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Venomous Vengeance - Spider-Gwen (Gwenom) - 6/4 - 6/7
High Evolutionary (Awesome Mix Vol 3) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
Gwenomous Spider Store - 6/1 - 6/5
Chance to get Spider-Gwen (Gwenom). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Hooded Hero Vault - 6/8 - 6/11
Chance to get Spider-Gwen (Gwenom). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x Fanged Fighters Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star Miles Morales (Spider-Man) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 4x 2500 Iso
○ 6x 1000 Iso
○ 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x Two stars

Fanged Fighters Legendary Store - 6/8 - 6/11
15% chance to get Spider-Gwen (Gwenom), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Electro (Francine Frye)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have no idea what I'm reading

• Eirikr56
    Eirikr56 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options

Pixie, mostly based on colors.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

I very much appreciate 550 numbers. Please make it standard practice

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3* has lower AP costs. This could be another 5* that's not as cool as the 3*

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

they have said somewhere that there's more wiggle room to make rad lower-level characters. when you make a very powerful 5, people get all in a "nerf chasm" tantrum, whereas if he was a 3, no one would care.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

Even stranger is that the 3* version has the Black power on Yellow but with the exact same wording. It's either a mistake or a very weird thing to do.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

[Tiletype] is hopefully something specific to this character. It's possible that they're web or void tiles though. If they're web tiles then he's ok. If they're void tiles, I would seriously actually just quit the game you guys.

7/8/10 AP for active powers isn't gonna play in today's meta, generally. The 7AP one just makes webs or whatever, so eh. The black ability is potentially a VERY long stun, although we'd need to see the value of Y there. 5* stuns typically play quite well. Red is a 10ap, potentially 8-hit damage power, so you'd likely need a booster to make it worthwhile.

Passives on every color offset the higher costs. Purple is fine if it's a new tile type or webs. If it's void tiles, again, I quit. The black passive is very odd -- I don't know why I'd want to do that. It actually limits his utility pretty significantly in long matches, especially if you don't have rainbow actives (or you're fighting Chasm, I guess). The red passive completely depends on what the affiliation is.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I didn't like the black passive at first, but then I realized that means they're never going to jump in front and get smacked (theoretically), so that's kind of cool. Really need to see what the base damage of the abilities are to know if the % boosts are good enough. If they're like...1k-2k damage or something, meh lol.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

After all the recent PhD-thesis ability descriptions, I'm so happy to see a character with simple descriptions.

That Purple looks very underwhelming for a 5* ability. Also, how do you create 1.5 tiles? Seems like an easy 3/5/5.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    After all the recent PhD-thesis ability descriptions, I'm so happy to see a character with simple descriptions.

That Purple looks very underwhelming for a 5* ability. Also, how do you create 1.5 tiles? Seems like an easy 3/5/5.

Yeah, there's some PhD thesis to the purple active, with the 1.5 thing.

What this does (and I think I actually understand it, but it's sort of odd) -- it counts how many colors do NOT have a special tile, but the [redacted] tiles don't count. It then multiplies that number by the factor from the power.

So, if there is one blue strike tile on the board and no other specials, that means 5 colors don't have a special tile. So when you fire his purple it will create:

5 [redacted] tiles at 3 covers (5 colors * 1)
    7 [redacted] tiles at 4 covers (5 colors * 1.5, rounded down)
    10 [redacted] tiles at 5 covers (5 * 2)

All on random tiles, ie not on any particular color.

It doesn't say, but according to the formula, if there is a special tile on every color, the power would do nothing.

This is all needlessly complicated, but whatever.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If the special tiles are web tiles, then 5* Peter Parker will have a good partner! This new character plus PP will cover 5 colours and have different ways of generating web tiles.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    edited May 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:

Yeah, there's some PhD thesis to the purple active, with the 1.5 thing.

What this does (and I think I actually understand it, but it's sort of odd) -- it counts how many colors do NOT have a special tile, but the [redacted] tiles don't count. It then multiplies that number by the factor from the power.

So, if there is one blue strike tile on the board and no other specials, that means 5 colors don't have a special tile. So when you fire his purple it will create:

5 [redacted] tiles at 3 covers (5 colors * 1)
    7 [redacted] tiles at 4 covers (5 colors * 1.5, rounded down)
    10 [redacted] tiles at 5 covers (5 * 2)

All on random tiles, ie not on any particular color.

This is the correct reading, except that it will create tiles in the colors that don't have specials on them preferentially.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just wanted to say that I also appreciate the 550 stats being included and hope it becomes standard practice.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

I see 2 things reading this preview: more bugs, and that this character needs to tank if those special tiles are exclusive for him.
    If those special tiles are webs, according to new spiderverse film, then chasm could have a powerful ally even if he gets his deserved nerf. Even if this character restricts chasm's match damage, playing kang there could be great nukes. IF the special tiles are webs.
    And it's needed to see aff3, who are the characters totally countered by this one.
    Then, if those special tiles are exlusive for him, he will be a great supporting character for allies in colors different (for this character tanking).
    Edit: I've read it wrong, the only increased ability and reduced match damage is for him.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

black passive means basically this toon can be never tanking, which is cool but works strangely with purple passive.
    Red passive is annoying. First the game interface is ready for these sh*t, and second also reducing char capabilities by 35% till the char is downed with no counterplay seems overly punishing.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So if you use Cosmo blue when this characters black passive is in play then this character is rendered utterly useless, lol!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I love the wiggle room in the description. The way one could interpret black is that he still could tank but the damage reduction is done on the match itself. Meaning his colors could still be the strongest (they don't go to zero) but that when you match them, the damage it does is reduced to zero. So he still, in theory, could tank colors. Won't know until we get confirmation or we test it out.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    [Tiletype] is hopefully something specific to this character. It's possible that they're web or void tiles though. If they're web tiles then he's ok. If they're void tiles, I would seriously actually just quit the game you guys.

Web tiles might be just as bad as void tiles since Chasm will constantly be healing. If it is either Web or Void tiles they really need to take the nerf bat to Chasm

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@wymtime said:

@entrailbucket said:

Web tiles might be just as bad as void tiles since Chasm will constantly be healing. If it is either Web or Void tiles they really need to take the nerf bat to Chasm

But one poster has been trying to convince us for months that Chasm is healing enough!
    Clearly he needs some help!