GOTG May 2023 Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

I started the The Guardians Have Taken Over for this exact reason.

Communication is next to zero. We have no real idea with what we are supposed to be doing with these limited events.

Over and over the basics of events change.

Black History month gave tokens every day. Women’s history month did not.

The term fired powers is specific, and if the dev team decides to change the meaning of fired powers the community should know.

It wouldnt be that bad, except we don’t even get a preview of anything.
    It shows up in game maybe a blurb on twitter or Facebook. That is fine.

But there should be more than just a blurb. When a meta event is introduced the goals and rewards need to be communicated at least.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273
    This coffin has infinite nails! And finally I got what devs are doing: providing nails forever! Sometimes I have the feeling that this is a game a la carte. We complaint about something and devs provide. I have to say they use to be quick on it and generous.
    (And I know why you are down. You miss hound ;) ).
    Personally, those GotG milestone actually were huge, and I left days passing by and when I went to see how it worked that there was just 1 day left, so I didn't complete even tier 1. So yeah I could had use something like a reminder of milestone tasks.
    And about this community challenge, I'm playing like always because I have other game which I'm playing more hours right now, sorry about that.
    And about that thing of passives or actives, I'd say even them they didn't had a clue about it (as usually happens :D).
    So as you can see everything is pretty funny, in the end.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Communication under Demiurge was just as bad (if not worse), so this isn't a new issue.

The reason it feels new is that BCS is DOING so much more stuff, and a lot of that stuff is new! These community challenges never happened under the previous regime, and stuff like character bonus rewards also never happened. New stuff requires communication -- we can't just guess how it works, because we've never seen it.

Maybe the other guys never did this kind of stuff because they didn't or couldn't do the communication required to support it?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

If we cannot have both communication and new stuff, I prefer these new stuff over nothing or just PR comm that leads to nothing. I think community can adapt to "get new things throw at you and figure it by yourself". Not optimal, but much better than just piling a 4* and sometimes useful 5* every month

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Communication under Demiurge was just as bad (if not worse), so this isn't a new issue.

The reason it feels new is that BCS is DOING so much more stuff, and a lot of that stuff is new! These community challenges never happened under the previous regime, and stuff like character bonus rewards also never happened. New stuff requires communication -- we can't just guess how it works, because we've never seen it.

Maybe the other guys never did this kind of stuff because they didn't or couldn't do the communication required to support it?

I still can't believe Demi never communicated how PVE works.
    Rubberbanding, their whole scoring experiments, 8 hour refreshes, 4 hour refreshes, overlapping subs... We had to figure ALL of that out by ourselves.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don’t get down, I didn’t bother changing my game play as I know they will gift it to us anyway as a participation trophy. “Well done son, you may have come last but you never gave up”

• Tony_Foot
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I’ll hope you are wrong. I want them to shame us. Give a tickle to my balls please I really like being dunked on.

I agree, giving the rewards anyway like they did before 'rewarding effort' just makes you try even less. As much as I like the rewards of a stone I have the same opinion as I did with the guardians grind. After 8 years playing I'm not changing my play style to grind, I've done my time. The noobs can do it.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@dianetics said:
    I’ll hope you are wrong. I want them to shame us. Give a tickle to my balls please I really like being dunked on.

I agree, giving the rewards anyway like they did before 'rewarding effort' just makes you try even less. As much as I like the rewards of a stone I have the same opinion as I did with the guardians grind. After 8 years playing I'm not changing my play style to grind, I've done my time. The noobs can do it.

Given your refusal to change your play style, it doesn't seem as if anything they do will actually make you try less. You're already not trying at all.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

@Borstock said:

Given your refusal to change your play style, it doesn't seem as if anything they do will actually make you try less. You're already not trying at all.

Which is why I said 'you' instead of 'me' :p

In general if people half expect to get the rewards for turning up they might be more inclined to have expectations of more of the same.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

Now I'm not pessimistic by nature but, personally, I don't think we are going to make it.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

We’re so far from the objective it’s actually kind of funny. I’ll miss those rewards though.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

The timing for when this challenge dropped really sucked. I genuinely wonder how much further we would be if some people like me didn't rush to finish the GotG event before puzzle gauntlet ended.

I hope the data will help to make future challenges more realistic.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    The timing for when this challenge dropped really sucked. I genuinely wonder how much further we would be if some people like me didn't rush to finish the GotG event before puzzle gauntlet ended.

I hope the data will help to make future challenges more realistic.

A 48 hr sub also doesn't help.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Fun challenge. I will gladly take any free rewards.
    One recommendation would be to run another no pressure PvE style event in parallel. I was not willing to sacrifice placement for the rewards offered.

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

It wasn't a "typical" week for a few reasons:

• coming off a grindy challenge
    • 48 hour sub in PvE
    • Mother's day weekend in the USA

Hoping for a merciful extension of a few days.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

@AdeptusRevolt said:

• 48 hour sub in PvE

Plus Zelda and Diablo releases this week(end)

• pepitedechocolat
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@AdeptusRevolt said:

• 48 hour sub in PvE

Is the new zelda worth it ?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@Zarqa said:

@AdeptusRevolt said:

• 48 hour sub in PvE

Is the new zelda worth it ?

If you enjoyed Breath of the Wild, then absolutely 100%

• pepitedechocolat
    Options

334/500M

we need a magik 50% increase to our number of fired abilities very soon to succeed. I dont see it happening

Instead maybe we can ask for a very soon 50% increase of Magik fired abilities numbers, so she can be successful ?