GOTG May 2023 Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 302 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

@IceIX any chance you guys give us a few more days for this?
    After all most of us are working people, and I for sure can tell my boss would not be fine with me playing during work hours…

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@Zarqa said:

@AdeptusRevolt said:
    It wasn't a "typical" week for a few reasons:

• coming off a grindy challenge
    • 48 hour sub in PvE
    • Mother's day weekend in the USA

Hoping for a merciful extension of a few days.

Plus Zelda and Diablo releases this week(end)

Is the new zelda worth it ?

When is Zelda never not worth it?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

It's still going up, but the percentage doesn't align with the number.

Edit - perhaps we ended on 337.1m (67.42% of 500m)?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:and its normal
    I dunno, we got a bunch of free stuff for doing nothing. Seems to me that we won!

Depends if you look at the half full or half empty bucket. Some people will see only the "missed opportunity", others will see a bunch of free stuff, and both are right, but with a different view on events.
    (and a little minority will see a confirmation bias of devs not good at maths)

I will definitely ask next Q&A about their intent on this event. Was the goal to taunt players by showing an inf stone only to not give it?

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Scofie said:

It's showing 68.33% now. Still not correct math for 384.1/500, but higher than your number from a couple hours ago.
    Who knows...???

• Scofie
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

@Scofie said:

It's showing 68.33% now. Still not correct math for 384.1/500, but higher than your number from a couple hours ago.
    Who knows...???

Well that is interesting, because the % increase of almost 1% is similar to the almost 5m increase in powers fired. That would mean that a) there was 35m on the clock when the % count started and the end target was adjusted to 535m to compensate, or b) it doesn't work properly. 😉

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

I think the numbers are still counting because powers are still firing (up to 386 million now). I assume in a few days our fired count will surpass the 500 million and in a years time if this page is still up it will show billions of powers fired. That's because the script is just checking for powers fired since May 8th

But the goal has stopped updating because the time limit has ended (script checking just between May 8th to 14th)

KGB

• Scofie
    Options

@KGB said:
    I think the numbers are still counting because powers are still firing (up to 386 million now). I assume in a few days our fired count will surpass the 500 million and in a years time if this page is still up it will show billions of powers fired. That's because the script is just checking for powers fired since May 8th

But the goal has stopped updating because the time limit has ended (script checking just between May 8th to 14th)

KGB

That's what I thought initially, but the % is updating too at the correct rate That leads me to believe it is the start point that was wrong (35m already fired at the challenge start point) and the end point has been extended?

@S0kun - just wanted to get a check on the progress/points raised here is possible?

• ElectricVasting
    ElectricVasting Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

The goal percentage has been wrong for several days. I noticed it last Wednesday or Thursday I think.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,996 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd say that given the general communication track record lately, it's very possible that they extended the deadline without telling us.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Some of the guardian milestones were awarded after it ended so maybe we will all get a Stone in a few days anyway

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

They were ? Don’t think I got them!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Everyone, get back in there and fire some powers so we can hit 80% (we should get there easily but wanted to be sure we did).

KGB

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

Hell yeah!! Thanks Ice

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options

It’s at 403 now !!!