GOTG May 2023 Community Challenge

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 387 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

We're continuing our GOTG events with our next community challenge! Between May 8 - 14, we're challenging our community to fire 500 million abilities to earn some awesome rewards for everyone!

We took feedback from our St Patrick's Day Smash Party and you can now view in real time what the community's progress is:
https://mpq.social/GOTGCC

Below, please also find a recap to the event's tier thresholds and rewards unlocked.

Challenge:

Fire 500 Million abilities between May 8-14th.

Rewards:

Tier 1: 100MM Abilities Fired
10,000 Iso-8
5000 Red Iso-8
3* Star Lord (Peter Quill) Yellow, Purple, Green cover
1* Milano Support

Tier 2: 200MM Abilities Fired
10,000 Iso-8
5000 Red Iso-8
3* Gamora (GotG) Green, Red, Black cover
1* Element Guns Support

Tier 3: 300MM Abilities Fired
10,000 Iso-8
5000 Red Iso-8
3* Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) Yellow, Green, Blue covers
2* Milano Support

Tier 4: 400MM Abilities Fired
10,000 Iso-8
5000 Red Iso-8
3* High Evolutionary (Classic) Blue, Yellow, Black covers
4* Nebula (Infinity War) Red cover
4* Drax (The Destroyer) Black cover
200 5* Star-Lord Shards
2* Element Guns Support

Tier 5: 500MM Abilities Fired
50,000 Iso-8
25000 Red Iso-8
200 5* High Evolutionary Shards
3* Power Stone Support

Best of luck everyone!

Comments

• PhoenixMagik
    PhoenixMagik Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options

This is fun - thanks for doing a community challenge!

• ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options

If we reach Tier 5, do we get those rewards AND Tiers 1-4's?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ironsmudgie said:
    If we reach Tier 5, do we get those rewards AND Tiers 1-4's?

I'm wondering the same thing. Would be quite the haul for just playing the game as I normally would.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023
    Options

@KGB said:
    31 million abilities fired already?

That means if there is 1 million players it's 31 abilities per player. I know I haven't fired 31 yet today. (...)

That's okay, I fired some for you.

Trying to decide on a 5* team to transition with, so I spent a lot of time in Shield Sim today trying out teams I've been recommended. MThor/Riri can fire A LOT of actives. Then I did some PvE to tackle the fire 25 team ups quest, got halfway through that as well. Did the Challenge node with Shang Chi, who also fires plenty of actives. And I haven't even done DDQ yet!

I know some of my alliance is also busy with the team up quests, so there's certainly some additional motivation around to fire stuff. Kinda wished they'd started this earlier when most people were firing lots and lots of Guardian skills for the quest, but I'm sure some people are still busy with that too.

• Skindo
    Skindo Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thank you for this (and for taking the feedback)!

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

let's get bizzayy! Consistently and thoroughly.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2023
    Options

Nice, these challenges add a lot of fun to the game. Really enjoyed the GotG challenges and looking forward to seeing how far the playerbase gets in this one.

Edit: It also just occurred to me that this challenge is a kind of nerf of both the Polaris meta in the 4* tier and Chasm meta in the 5* tier so all the folks who hate those metas should love this challenge since you can't really use those two and fire a ton of powers.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@revskip said:
    Nice, these challenges add a lot of fun to the game. Really enjoyed the GotG challenges and looking forward to seeing how far the playerbase gets in this one.

Edit: It also just occurred to me that this challenge is a kind of nerf of both the Polaris meta in the 4* tier and Chasm meta in the 5* tier so all the folks who hate those metas should love this challenge since you can't really use those two and fire a ton of powers.

I don't think anybody of us here is changing the way they play for this.
    We're relying on the unwashed casual masses to get us those rewards.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Well those of us who haven’t finished the GOTG quests will certainly contribute more!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@revskip said:

It brings up the potential for more shenanigans. Like I normally win the easy nodes in 5* PvE with a single match 3, so if I want to help out with this then with potentially every match I play I am back to bringing silly teams who don't win immediately. I mean - fine, I guess as long as it isn't Drax or team ups I can play weirdly for a few more days I guess.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@BlixTheFrog said:
    Well those of us who haven’t finished the GOTG quests will certainly contribute more!

Thank you for your sacrifice.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I don't even know what we are playing for? I suppose I should actually go read that in more detail...I mean I need all that iso but if this is just for like a 3* Rocket & Groot then well...

• Bowgentle
    edited May 2023
    Options

More 5* HE shards.
    Get to it!

• DAZ0273
    Options

Oh it is for 3* Rocket & Groot!!! We need 71 million powers fired per day (or just 42.8 million for Rocket & Groot)...sounds quite a lot... :#

• Bowgentle
    Options

Oh i... POWER STONE.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    More 5* HE shards.
    Get to it!

They are giving that guy away! (strokes chin suspiciously) Fine - 1* Spider-Man in SCL10 it is I guess...

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Oh i... POWER STONE.

Awarding a Support that when equipped increases the chance of firing a power for free as the reward for a quest that requires firing powers does make quite a bit of sense or they are laughing at us. Either is fine. Any chance we can get a loaner one for next few days??!?!?

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Oh i... POWER STONE.

Awarding a Support that when equipped increases the chance of firing a power for free as the reward for a quest that requires firing powers does make quite a bit of sense or they are laughing at us. Either is fine. Any chance we can get a loaner one for next few days??!?!?

Also it made its first MCU appearance in the first Guardians movie so add that to another layer of the trivia iceberg.