GOTG May 2023 Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It says 161.2 from 500 mil which says 32.23 on my screen and which worked out as 32.24 on my calculator so no idea what others are seeing?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

163.7 million.
    Assuming we did not get 2.5 million in 4 minutes, this is a little odd.

• DAZ0273
    edited May 2023
    Options

@slidecage said:
    i thnk its broken says like 32.68 should be higher

thats why mostly given up on this game... after 7 years of daily playing getting boring

7 years of playing the same game is a pretty good run though no? I don't think I have played the same game* (I guess you could count FIFA and it's various versions) for that long except possibly for The Last of Us which for some reason dragged on for literally years (maybe 6 or 7!) for me to complete. I have no idea why it took that long...it might still be unfinished now if there hadn't been a sequel.

*and of course MPQ I have played for that long

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    163.7 million.
    Assuming we did not get 2.5 million in 4 minutes, this is a little odd.

Yeah I refreshed and have that total also.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@slidecage said:
    i thnk its broken says like 32.68 should be higher

thats why mostly given up on this game... after 7 years of daily playing getting boring

7 years of playing the same game is a pretty good run though no? I don't think I have played the same game* (I guess you could count FIFA and it's various versions) for that long except possibly for The Last of Us which for some reason dragged on for literally years (maybe 6 or 7!) for me to complete. I have no idea why it took that long...it might still be unfinished now if there hadn't been a sequel.

*and of course MPQ I have played for that long

I can relate to that Last Of Us comment.
    This stressed me out so much I had to take a break after every stealth sequence.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

They can see how many powers are normally fired in any given time period, they would have used that information when setting the goals.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    They can see how many powers are normally fired in any given time period, they would have used that information when setting the goals.

I don't think any of us doubt that is the case. We are just wondering why we are failing so badly.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@MoosePrime said:

I don't think any of us doubt that is the case. We are just wondering why we are failing so badly.

Tier 3 is probably the average amount of playing for this type of time period and we'll easily hit tier 3.

Tier 4 is probably the high end of the total for this type of time period. So with a bit of extra effort we can make it. It will be close, but with things like Lightning rounds about to open the amount of powers fired may pick up in the next couple days. Also many people who never play PvP might be enticed to play to fire more powers/complete Guardian quests.

Tier 5 reward was setup to require a fair amount of extra playing on the part of the player base. So it was always unlikely we'd get there without a concerted effort (which is very hard to do in a world wide game in multiple languages when many players may still had no idea this effort is even happening or what the progress is). To meet this we'd probably need a bunch more players playing PvP than normally do and people who leave Shield Sim to the end of the season (like me) to at least start it now and get most of the way there etc.

Right now we are at 33%. Assuming May 8-14th is inclusive of both days, that's a 7 day time period and mid way though today (again assuming Cali time) is the half way point. So we aren't quite at the half way point yet. If Lightning Rounds adds significantly to the powers fired or the upcoming PvE/PvPs are ones with characters who tend to fire a lot of powers then maybe we can hit 80% or tier 4.

KGB

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably we already should swicht to Mthor riri deathlok if we want the high reward.
    Still probably the last days and in the weekend that bar will boost up.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Of course it might also be true that people have had enough of grinding the game following the Guardians thing, so play might even go down. Although there will always be MPQ grind maniacs...bless their hearts.

Guess we find out!

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Of course it might also be true that people have had enough of grinding the game following the Guardians thing, so play might even go down. Although there will always be MPQ grind maniacs...bless their hearts.

Guess we find out!

I definitely fall under that category. After just wrapping up that event, I don’t want to immediately play more/differently again for a different challenge. I just want to play normally for a little while.

When I saw the community challenge, I immediately decided not to do anything extra. Despite the amazing final reward. Don’t want to burn myself out.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Maybe we were not meant to easily get all the rewards, and they set the target accordingly.

There's an old historical quote in MPQ.. "You're supposed to lose!"

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

The game has stalled so badly, it's URGENT to get new PVE stories, challenges and other Characters for PVP; hard to recall any of the oldies getting PVP, like Apocalypse, Onslaught and many others
    My alliance has started to play some, some are thinking about retirement, myself as well
    Too many promises for NEW, the real question es WHEN!!!!!!!

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Ice said in discord that passive powers count, so maybe just farm the low lv goon fights now and then.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yea, most of my alliance mates completed their GotG quests before this challenge was announced. We were rushing to complete it before puzzle gauntlet expired. I'm sure if this was running concurrently we would be now past at least 50% progress.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

I was playing a Winfinite team in Sim with Kamala Kahn on the enemy team. She went air born and I thought "Now I can spam powers to my hearts content!"

"No targets available"
    :(

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Ice said in discord that passive powers count, so maybe just farm the low lv goon fights now and then.

!!!!!!!!! Guess we can call it firing a power every time Juggs cause collateral damage after all...

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So, we don’t have to stop using Polaris. She’s actually an advantage firing several powers every turn.

• DAZ0273
    Options

So it would appear.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

!!!!!!!!! Guess we can call it firing a power every time Juggs cause collateral damage after all...

A heaping helping of vindication for you!