Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Ice said in discord that passive powers count, so maybe just farm the low lv goon fights now and then.

!!!!!!!!! Guess we can call it firing a power every time Juggs cause collateral damage after all...

A heaping helping of vindication for you!

To be honest I don't want or need it, I would much rather we all got as far as we can. So I am spamming Polaris...

Edit: And to be more honest the only reason I questioned this was thanks to @Punisher5784 - he asked the Devs to share what the top 5 powers fired were. I know nothing about programming or anything but I started to think - how do you do that? What is the easiest way to record it happening in game when hundreds of millions of powers have/are been fired? So that is when it struck me - banners. Every time one pops up it must be counted somewhere on the Devs Batcomputer and as passives have banners then why would they not count? I could of course still be entirely wrong about that too, it was/is just a hunch! Anyway...back to Polaris I guess if I want to help get our 3* Rocket & Groot.

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

Welp, I will try to do my best. Whatever it is - firing powers or not. xD
    At least Grocket is boosted these events so I can use him. xD

• DAZ0273
    Options

I made the ultimate sacrifice (j/k) - I visited Discord where I haven't been for years and I saw what IceIX said for myself following @Seph1roth5 revelation.

A power is just a power. If you use it, it has been fired. There is no special difference between passive and active powers. Chasm, Polaris, 4* Juggernaut, etc. They all count.

He (Ice) also said we are behind but there is a shot we can do this because engagement is normally up at weekends. I have no idea so all I can suggest is if you use spam characters then continue (as I did all along but now more) and if you don't then maybe consider using a few more spammy characters if you are interested in the challenge.

BRB/Polaris/iShulk worked on Challenge Node - I was able to fire a lot of powers with the enemy stun locked.

So...good luck I guess? I still can't comprehend how we could even reach tier 4, let alone complete this but somebody who KNOWS says it isn't by any means impossible.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

maybe we get a shot at finishing the same way Magik is top contender after pre release nerfs. (Or the maths were done by the same person >:) )

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can I just check, because this is a guardians of the galaxy linked community event do they have to be GotG character powers? Do we have to have one on our team? Or is it just GotG rewards and literally any powers count?

• DAZ0273
    Options

Nope - use who you like.

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023
    Options

Right, time to smash out many matches with BRB,KK & Polaris then!

Poppa wants a brand new power stone!

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    Ice said in discord that passive powers count, so maybe just farm the low lv goon fights now and then.

So my extensive testing where I told you all this turned out to be true. You're all welcome.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

So my extensive testing where I told you all this turned out to be true. You're all welcome.

Vindication for you, too!

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod mode off

A 48-hour node in the middle of it won't help... 🫣

• DAZ0273
    Options

Unfortunately this incident is pretty much the nail in the coffin of the Forums for me. I love it here but I guess the whole 6 of us thing is how it is viewed. Of those in the know only one came here to tell us and no Devs. Obviously they all figure those of us who choose to post here have no to little value and wouldn't matter knowing this very important thing, especially as misinformation was being shared here (not intentionally of course) and that could have been corrected earlier than it was. Thanks again to @Seph1roth5 for at least thinking of us here.

Never thought this would be the thing to do me in but I am pretty disappointed at how this has all panned out. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference but if one of the Devs had come in and corrected the assertions days ago that only powers fired using AP counted there might have been a tangible impact on how far we could go. All 6 of us.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This might not be a fair question to ask... In what ways are you in contact with the team working on the game? Is there an office where you can walk up to someone and ask a question?

Or is this mostly a virtual thing? If so, is that one reason why it can take a long time between a question being asked and answered?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

so less than 50% with one day left, and 48h sub pve running... That is a bit disheartening. > @Scofie said:

Mod mode off

Has anyone thought of banning 48hours sub ? I dont see any added value to them, except being a "bad" day off.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:
    so less than 50% with one day left, and 48h sub pve running... That is a bit disheartening. > @Scofie said:

Mod mode off

Has anyone thought of banning 48hours sub ? I dont see any added value to them, except being a "bad" day off.

Yes please.
    Get rid of those two day subs!

• Scofie
    Options

@Borstock said:
    This might not be a fair question to ask... In what ways are you in contact with the team working on the game? Is there an office where you can walk up to someone and ask a question?

Or is this mostly a virtual thing? If so, is that one reason why it can take a long time between a question being asked and answered?

It's entirely virtual - I'm based in the UK. Time difference plays into timing of responses but sometimes things need to be checked out by different people or teams before we get an answer. Most of the time S0kun, Ice or Devpool will answer it directly rather than through fight4thedream or I to reduce that time.

• Scofie
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

Mod mode off

I like them every now and again. Always seem to place higher when there's a 48-hour sub.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:
    Mod mode off

You start the match until near completion then retreat :)

• Scofie
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@Scofie said:
    Mod mode off

You start the match until near completion then retreat :)

🤣 I can do an entire day of Wong/Rocket/Chasm/retreat. If it takes on average 15 seconds, I could fire 17280 powers in that time if I don't eat or sleep or check in here. I have 1700 health packs to burn through anyway...

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Borstock said:

It's entirely virtual - I'm based in the UK. Time difference plays into timing of responses but sometimes things need to be checked out by different people or teams before we get an answer. Most of the time S0kun, Ice or Devpool will answer it directly rather than through fight4thedream or I to reduce that time.

Ah. Well, that explains a lot. Thank you for answering.