GOTG May 2023 Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Firing powers that count to the goal: use AP.
    Not counting: everything else.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    Firing powers that count to the goal: use AP.
    Not counting: everything else.

Is there an official confirmation of that somewhere? I am not looking to say this isn't the case by the way but I am genuinely interested. So passives don't trigger Dr. Strange yellow power but what do we call it when that yellow power is actually used? What is the correct term to describe that?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Passives have never counted as a power "firing". I don't know why this is so confusing. Enemy passives dont trigger Dr Strange's Flames of the Faultline. Friendly passives do not trigger Human Torch's Burning Persistence. This is not new terminology.

Is there correct terminology for when Juggernaut's collateral banner pops up or Polaris does her special tile duplication? Not a snarky question or anything I generally don't know the answer to this? If that is not a power firing then what is the corrected description that should be used?

Triggering? I'm pretty sure that's what they've called it.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Passives have never counted as a power "firing". I don't know why this is so confusing. Enemy passives dont trigger Dr Strange's Flames of the Faultline. Friendly passives do not trigger Human Torch's Burning Persistence. This is not new terminology.

Is there correct terminology for when Juggernaut's collateral banner pops up or Polaris does her special tile duplication? Not a snarky question or anything I generally don't know the answer to this? If that is not a power firing then what is the corrected description that should be used?

Triggering? I'm pretty sure that's what they've called it.

Cool, thank you.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@dianetics said:

@SteffLimitless said:
    How do i know my firing is counting? Is there any in game information?

If you are using AP to fire a power from one of your heroes you are doing it right.

Good luck man

Now I'm curious whether the free power firing one gets from Mockingbird counts...

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I checked the total, did a match with hulk on a trivial node and it went up by one. Passives definitely count.

• SteffLimitless
    SteffLimitless Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    I checked the total, did a match with hulk on a trivial node and it went up by one. Passives definitely count.

Where did you check that?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

How do you know that it was you who increased it by one? There were probably many other players playing the game during that time.

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

That was my Apoc yellow. We fired at the exact same nanosecond according to my atomic clock wristwatch. It glows green and can give me a sunburn on my cheek if I sleep on it.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

Actually it's true! But passives count like a lot more than actives. I did a trivia match with ihulk when showed 141.1 and when it ended it showed 141.5. So crearly a passive counts as 400.000 actives.
    You all are welcome.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

If community fails the challenge, can we all agree to put the blame on Chasm destroying AP in PVP and thus preventing players from firing abilities?
    I prefer community wins the challenge, but better safe than sorry and having a "good" excuse for failure shows strategic planning !

(well, we could also blame the players using Chasm for preventing others from firing abilities, but that would probably ends up badly and generate a few forum bans )

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

Looking at the current percentage, I'm guessing we will finish the event on tier 3 rewards. :(

• Helinutz
    Helinutz Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Carnifex said:
    Looking at the current percentage, I'm guessing we will finish the event on tier 3 rewards. :(

I agree, although we may just scrape tier 4. I like the idea of this but do think they set the bar a bit too high for the first time doing this. Maybe a lesser bar with a lesser reward would have been better this time round and a commitment to increase once everyone in the community is aware and on board.

• DAZ0273
    Options

We are miles off the pace - at least 50 million behind. Doesn't look good.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Helinutz said:

@Carnifex said:

I agree, although we may just scrape tier 4. I like the idea of this but do think they set the bar a bit too high for the first time doing this. Maybe a lesser bar with a lesser reward would have been better this time round and a commitment to increase once everyone in the community is aware and on board.

It’s not a challenge if you win every time. They would know how many are usually fired in X days and set the bar accordingly.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

**Mod mode off **

And if you assume there is a push to fire more - what is a reasonable increase in active powers as a result?

If the baseline was 400m in a week, you'd need a 25% increase. If 300m, it's 66%.

I actually think the GotG milestones have hindered it a little - powers are expensive and matches slower, meaning less time for additional power-firing.

Either way it is a lot of free rewards across a player base and a fun and slightly eye-opening thing to track, so thank you in advance!

• DAZ0273
    Options

I'm not exactly sure timewise when this event started and when it ends beyond 8th - 14th, If we assume it started being counted from S1 times then we have used up 3.5 days (50%) but have only reached 32.32% of target total. It might be fair to assume that the USA will bring that total up a bit when they wake up and play as there are likely more US based players but we are like a day behind-ish. So either we all suck, the Devs misjudged or perhaps the Guardians event or something else has influenced the expected metrics used to set these targets.

I guess today is pretty important in terms of catching up.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe we were not meant to easily get all the rewards, and they set the target accordingly.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Not an unreasonable assumption but I imagine they wouldn't want us to fail too hard as that could also impact future participation.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,041 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023
    Options

i thnk its broken says like 32.68 should be higher

thats why mostly given up on this game... after 7 years of daily playing getting boring