GOTG May 2023 Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    In the time it has taken me to leave work (a bit over an hour), buy bread, eggs, chocolate, pizza and beer and get home there have been 3 million powers fired (whatever that means).

I think it means our diets are pretty similar...

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

I need something for see how many powers i fire per day. >:)

Have you nice teams to recommend?

I use Pola/KK/BetaR

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Legion is a great char to use to fire lots of cheap powers in any color.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

IIRC, there was another time when they counted powers fired, and said it only counted things that would trigger Dr. Strange's Yellow passive power.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options

Nice to see an in-game announcement, for this and many other things like the aapi vault etc. Well done! It makes trying to explain to alliance mates that much easier.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@the_first_ai said:
    The fact that you’re using Mixpanel for this tracking and not Amplitude is a sign that your tech needs a major rework. Please upgrade to modern software! https://amplitude.com/

sounds awfully like a (bad) ad.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I have done my part for the day, but it is quite gruelling switching to active teams after years of passives!

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

First target of 100M has been reached!!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Does Thanos Court Death count as firing a power? Not much we can do about avoiding firing it for next few days (well apart from not play and uh die I guess)

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023
    Options

@jeffsterz said:
    Winfinite in Shield. This seems to be the best option. Spam them Juggs!

I just attacked an enemy team which included Crystal, using the wifinite team (BRB, Polaris, Juggs). I spent several minutes repeatedly firing juggs green with the enemy team healing back all the damage I inflicted. So I've made my contribution this morning, you're all welcome :smile:

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023
    Options

Edit: It was indeed a chrome extension blocking it

The progress page is completely blank (at least for me). Is this something with chrome, GDPR (not being in the US), or is there somewhere else I can check? The resolved link I end up at is "https://mixpanel.com/public/J4g8k5ZMy9Drx3bA1JMPwc"

• DAZ0273
    Options

I am not in US and using Chrome and I was able to access here and on your link, so maybe you have something blocking it?

https://mixpanel.com/public/J4g8k5ZMy9Drx3bA1JMPwc

111.5 million so far

• DAZ0273
    Options

117.5 million. I am convinced this includes passives, at least some of them. A banner fires when Juggernaut uses Collateral, right? So that power got fired even without actual use of AP. So if that applies to Court Death too then we could make fairly decent progress on this in Thanos PvP. If.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It could certainly just be actives. Remember you are a tiny minority. Look at the characters in the 1* and 2* tiers -- they all rely on active powers.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    It could certainly just be actives. Remember you are a tiny minority. Look at the characters in the 1* and 2* tiers -- they all rely on active powers.

I am confused as to what that means or what the relevance is? My question is - does a banner appearing mean that a power has "fired", regardless of how you got that banner to appear?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

I am confused as to what that means or what the relevance is? My question is - does a banner appearing mean that a power has "fired", regardless of how you got that banner to appear?

You said you were convinced it includes passives, presumably because the number is so high? I was pointing out that at lower tiers the game is much more active-power-driven.

I don't know how they're counting powers fired either, but it's totally possible that that number includes only active powers. A LOT of people play this game.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Also we have a current GOTG event specifically incentive to using powers. Far more than usual.

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Passives have never counted as a power "firing". I don't know why this is so confusing. Enemy passives dont trigger Dr Strange's Flames of the Faultline. Friendly passives do not trigger Human Torch's Burning Persistence. This is not new terminology.

• SteffLimitless
    SteffLimitless Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

How do i know my firing is counting? Is there any in game information?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Passives have never counted as a power "firing". I don't know why this is so confusing. Enemy passives dont trigger Dr Strange's Flames of the Faultline. Friendly passives do not trigger Human Torch's Burning Persistence. This is not new terminology.

Is there correct terminology for when Juggernaut's collateral banner pops up or Polaris does her special tile duplication? Not a snarky question or anything I generally don't know the answer to this? If that is not a power firing then what is the corrected description that should be used?