***** Jeffrey (Symbiote) *****

Options

Comments

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

Because of Chasm's resource drain I fear this character's only function in that meta would be as an alternate win-condition if you can't send Chasm's partner away... so really only useful in that context along with Kang on a board that never wants to give you blue. It's sort of a solution? but not one worth investing in. HM is probably better in that regard.

Now, I know we're somehow NOT supposed to measure this character against Chasm and it might have some use against mThor (who is at her heart a glass cannon like other offense-minded characters and thus doesn't really require a direct counter) but I have to agree with other posters who see a half-measure against a meta-dominating character. If you're designing half-counters for a character for half a year, it's probably time to admit that said character is bad for the game. Nerf it and move on. I'm sure another character could shake things up for the rest of the year if the character design strategy is actually making an overly good character that require counters. Let's make phoenix-force Namor a huge mess to deal with! It would at least be a change!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I see the issue exactly as my galactus supposition.
    They presented a character so complex than even themselves had no clue of what he can do. This is an objetive fact as in the chasm blog they suggested playing him with kingping because of kingping black (imagine chasm needing some day the help of kingping). Also chasm was bugged. Fixing all chasm passives bugged actually bugged other characters.
    Then they released kang, initially sent away not working, fixing it more charactersgot bugged (and right now colossus kingping PX and electro on defense sometimes their damage reduction works, on offense not).
    They rebalanced wasp, something apparently easy like dealing the AoE damage intended should work, but it's not.
    They released magik making for her % stacking, a thing first time happening, maybe for to be better decreasing the speeder chahulk team health.
    They rebalanced magneto, him destroying abyss and web tiles doesn't work at all.

Chasm has proven totally overpowered, a character correctly countering him should be equally overpowered too and not all these half baked characters countering some thing
    chasm does (if you bring 3 guys countering everything chasm does, chasm smiles and says luckily I have 2 other members in my team, you need a team of 5 members to face me)
    Or just tune down a bit his broken passives,
    that would be easier and better for pvp's health.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with a Chasm nerf, and I completely agree with addressing these standing bugs, they all need fixed before more is added to the game, but I'm on the fainting couch with a margarita while I wait.

In the meantime, can we all hope that there's a new event with a new character release at some point? This character maybe doesn't call for it (beyond the obvious Tuesday thing they're adding), but I don't know, a new event with a theme around a character would be great. Last we got like that was what, 5* Cap Marvel and her event? I'd enjoy some new content that direction.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Operation Spider Silk was Black Widow & pals themed.

• Timemachinego
    Options

@Alex502 said:
    Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with a Chasm nerf, and I completely agree with addressing these standing bugs, they all need fixed before more is added to the game, but I'm on the fainting couch with a margarita while I wait.

In the meantime, can we all hope that there's a new event with a new character release at some point? This character maybe doesn't call for it (beyond the obvious Tuesday thing they're adding), but I don't know, a new event with a theme around a character would be great. Last we got like that was what, 5* Cap Marvel and her event? I'd enjoy some new content that direction.

We've sort of had that with new boss events, but they've been kind of buggy and even bringing back old ones hasn't gone so well. I'm not sure why, but the path to bringing in new characters seems A LOT easier than the one that will give us new events. I'd love some new events though! Preferably without ranking for at least the first run so I can excuse myself to actually read the story... I still have no idea what Enemy of the State was about.

• DAZ0273
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@Alex502 said:

We've sort of had that with new boss events, but they've been kind of buggy and even bringing back old ones hasn't gone so well. I'm not sure why, but the path to bringing in new characters seems A LOT easier than the one that will give us new events. I'd love some new events though! Preferably without ranking for at least the first run so I can excuse myself to actually read the story... I still have no idea what Enemy of the State was about.

Ninjas with an extra dose of Ninja.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We had that before. It's called "Introducing...". Here's the thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82580/new-event-introducing

• Timemachinego
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

I know I missed a couple node reads, all I got was that Wolverine was mad that we were bothering him.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I know I missed a couple node reads, all I got was that Wolverine was mad that we were bothering him.

Wolverine gets killed by The Hand/Gorgon and then brought back to life except now he is crankier and evil. He attacks the heroes for what feels like about 6 weeks - for some reason Daredevil is a "top target" at some point because of his, uhm, battle sticks I guess. The heroes capture Wolverine and he goes back to being a goody but still cranky. Wolverine beats up The Hand/Gorgon. Kang ruins everything (MPQ version only!). The end.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I don’t know that there are too many characters who can’t win at all in that way, but Archangel came out with that airborne shutdown power for one assumes Vulture at the time, who I don’t know really needed a 5* counter too.

Archangel vs Vulture is how it ended up, but unfortunately according to them Demiurge originally intended Archangel as a counter against Gambit together with InfiniCap. Neither worked, because those were active abilities supposed to counter the oppressive passive of a character who drained your AP.
    It's a great example about counter design, especially when you compare it with counters that actually work (Chasm/Sabretooth/Morbius vs GRocket, for example) or how Archangel himself ended up a successful counter vs something else (Vulture, who gets hit by the passive part of Archangel's kit). Generally, if you want to make a counter to something fast and oppressive, you'll need a passive to do it, not an active.

• DAZ0273
    Options

The Archangel counter to Gambit also betrayed their 57th attempted (but abandoned) re-balance of him by giving away his new power: Jet pack!

Cards...from above!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That was pretty amazing. I’m not sure who else that archangel passive would have been aimed at at the time, since only a few 4* characters were able to apply the Airborne status then, and only Vulture was doing anything beneficial with it (high AP gain with a mild self sustain)

• DAZ0273
    Options

3* Colossus! He was tossing people all over the place with his Fastball Special! Shut that sucka down!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Riri and Nova comes to mind.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I wouldn't have wanted to be at the meeting when they told Archangel that, y'know that airbourne counter you do? Yeah, we're giving that to Elsa Bloodstone AND she can also shoot invisible things too. Look now come on Warren...you still have metal feathers. That isn't NOTHING. Don't take it so personally...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

it seems to be about how a dude whose whole deal is being able to fly and shoot razor blades out of his wings from the air was instead given the ability to prevent other characters from flying rather than himself being able to fly.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Iron Man can reach space. Silver Surfer can surf through space. War Machine can fire missiles. Star-Lord has an actual space ship. Even Alpha Flight, Marvel's 11th best team, has people who can fly. But only Archangel can hit OTHER flying things.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It’s Land Shark. source mpq twitter