***** Jeffrey (Symbiote) *****

Options

Comments

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

3shulk already feeds (primarily for some reason) Gwenpool. Gwenpool now has two feeders.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The Powerful Friends description makes the grab bag nature of the power make A LITTLE more sense now.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think he is interesting. Purple does too many things and too little.

Red looks fairly good with fortified 2 Fortified CD. It should do some good damage and heal a ton if he has taken damage.

Green situational and the reality is I think there are better options available to remove special tiles although this isn’t bad.

I don’t think he is great but I do think there could be some quality partners for him.

Abigale Brand, Hawkeye, Kang are a few

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options

Gwenpool was already being fed by She-Hulk (primary) and D3adpool (secondary). Any word on this being changed?

• Xax
    Xax Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options

@ShionSinX said:
    3shulk already feeds (primarily for some reason) Gwenpool. Gwenpool now has two feeders.

I assume it's a breaking the 4th wall commonality.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That store is......umm....not good. Especially compared to 5Magik who had Colossus and Kitty. BW and SSPP are definitely a let down.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    That store is......umm....not good. Especially compared to 5Magik who had Colossus and Kitty. BW and SSPP are definitely a let down.

Agreed. Makes it even more important that Gewnpool is a retro feeder so most of us will start with 2-3 covers and won't need to use the store.

KGB

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@LavaManLee said:

Agreed. Makes it even more important that Gewnpool is a retro feeder so most of us will start with 2-3 covers and won't need to use the store.

KGB

Well, they haven't yet made a 4* a feeder without giving retroactive rewards, so I feel pretty sure they will this time...

Still, it would be nice to have that confirmation.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Perhaps 3* She Hulk will feed the future 4* Daredevil

Anyways, this is probably the least exciting 5* since I returned from retirement. Like Magik, I would had preferred the 5* to be a better version of the 3*

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    Anyways, this is probably the least exciting 5* since I returned from retirement. Like Magik, I would had preferred the 5* to be a better version of the 3*

Agree on both thoughts. No idea why they continue to make the 3* version more interesting than the 5*. There must be a method to their madness (or maybe not). Jeff's 3* green is way more interesting than the 5* green.

Honestly, I hate to bring it up again, but I imagine it is Chasm. They may have been trying to shoehorn in yet another half-a*s counter to Chasm and basically neutered the whole thing.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The numbers are out!

He's bad.

• KGB
    edited April 2023
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Agree on both thoughts. No idea why they continue to make the 3* version more interesting than the 5*. There must be a method to their madness (or maybe not). Jeff's 3* green is way more interesting than the 5* green.

Honestly, I hate to bring it up again, but I imagine it is Chasm. They may have been trying to shoehorn in yet another half-a*s counter to Chasm and basically neutered the whole thing.

Well how would getting double web tiles or double abyss tiles from his Green power help you in any meaningful way? Double charged tiles would be a double edge sword as we all know.

His 5* Green is going to function like 4* Blobs passive that eats special tiles does. I can tell you that Blob can quickly get out of control when facing special tile makers. I imagine Jeffrey will too once his match damage starts getting sky high. His Green is totally situational in that if you are not facing special tile makers there is no reason to use Jeffrey.

KGB

• KGB
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    The numbers are out!

He's bad.

Is he?

Red can do potential 20K damage with 14K heal if the fortified CD survives and each tick of damage should be boostable by Apoc/Okoye etc.

Green is situational but if you facing special tile makers his damage may get out of control like Blobs does in the 4* tier. It's not clear what 5% means (base damage or current damage) but if you fire it with 10 special tiles on board his match damage increases by 50% (so lets say 1000->1500). If you fire again later with 10 more special tiles out it may increase of base (so 1500->2000) or it may go 50% of current (1500->2250). If it's the latter it will really help him vs spammers like Chasm/BrB/MThor etc.

His Purple is essentially useless (it's a poor mans 5* Cap Yellow).

You can only use him vs special tile makers but against them he should be at least middle of the road and not bad (ie bottom 15).

KGB

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

**** Conspiracy Theory ON ****

Devs being tired of waiting for metrics on new releases to show the effectiveness of anti-Chasm measures decide to rebalance an old char that already has strong representation amongst the players so Black suit Spider-Man will get a rebalance that will be THE counter to Spider-Verse and Symbiote.
    It will have multiple unneeded effects per color and have conditional triggers based on Runaways & Defenders Affiliation that give a variable percentage based reduction to match damage in the opponent second weakest color if they have less SAP tiles than the average of all SAPs among special tile types.
    He will still spring from the shadows but now he will have a jump in front mechanic that generates 2 Blue AP per web tile and a passive boost to the length of Invisibility countdowns.
    His new power “Not a Clone/Clone Saga” that will prevent any return to play triggers but creates a 3 turn unfortified repeater that stuns BSSM for two turns and while this repeater is on the board the game just won’t end. This new Meta will last 3 years.
    The announcement for the update will come a week after this store closes via fido @net.unitydev.bcs.meh (211.0.13.1.1.616).

There will also be a rerun of spider man vs sinister six with 180,000,000 Alliance
    Progression.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@rainkingucd said:
    So um..... @IceIX ......

I notice that little infographic on feeders doesn't have the little retro text that Magik and Kang had. Is Gwenpool going to retro feed the adorable little symbiote land shark?

It was actually also missing the attendant change to She-Hulk (since she's affected by Gwen's inclusion here). It's been updated!

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So is there a cap on how high his damage % can get from green?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:
    The numbers are out!

He's bad.

Is he?

Red can do potential 20K damage with 14K heal if the fortified CD survives and each tick of damage should be boostable by Apoc/Okoye etc.

Green is situational but if you facing special tile makers his damage may get out of control like Blobs does in the 4* tier. It's not clear what 5% means (base damage or current damage) but if you fire it with 10 special tiles on board his match damage increases by 50% (so lets say 1000->1500). If you fire again later with 10 more special tiles out it may increase of base (so 1500->2000) or it may go 50% of current (1500->2250). If it's the latter it will really help him vs spammers like Chasm/BrB/MThor etc.

His Purple is essentially useless (it's a poor mans 5* Cap Yellow).

You can only use him vs special tile makers but against them he should be at least middle of the road and not bad (ie bottom 15).

KGB

Eh....I mean, I'm positive that I'll get some run out of him when he's boosted, just because boosted 5* with modern health and match damage are always playable. Purple is bad. Red feels overcosted to me, for that damage number (sure, Apocalypse can boost each tick, but I am never casting this red over Apocalypse). Green is cheap enough to cast and the effect is ok (although the description is weird, I'm not 100% sure what it does exactly), but it's not going to be castable in every fight.

Is he pre-buff Wasp bad? No, any character with modern health and match damage can't be that bad. I was hoping purple would be closer to Cap's yellow, and red would hit a bit harder.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Do destroyed enemy SAP tiles give APs and deal damage?

His purple deals 1782 repeater damage, 4274 and burst heal 2672 health.

Red deals 7132+6223x2=19578 damage. One benefit of such power that deals damage every turn (cd/repeater based) is that they can tap on strikes + power damage boost each. And they can trigger other allies' effects.

I'm looking forward to his animations.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Back in Black spider-man isn't wearing the symbiote costume, he is in a replica costume that he would sometimes put on when he wanted to feel like a tough guy (hence title Back in Black). So I wouldn't look for any symbiote synergy there even on a rebalance.

• akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Back in Black spider-man isn't wearing the symbiote costume, he is in a replica costume that he would sometimes put on when he wanted to feel like a tough guy (hence title Back in Black). So I wouldn't look for any symbiote synergy there even on a rebalance.

Now that you mention it, it is INSANE that after this many years we have not had Parker in a symbiote suit. At this rate I would not be surprised if we got Deadpool in one before we got Peter.