***** Jeffrey (Symbiote) *****

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    What was this thread about again?

I was going to split the off topic stuff out, but I'm gonna need a bigger boat...

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

So, this is just an adorable shark with one decent, cheap power (green); a knock-off Eye of Agamotto; and a red that I will never bother to remember or care about?

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Fact. Still wished adorable shark's kit looked more promising, because I want lots of excuses to use adorable shark.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, if I want to finish Kang, I'll be pulling Kang-Magik-Shark? Yikes.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So logically it would be Gwenpool as the middle feeder.

But kind of hilarious if Jeff fed Gwen, but Agent Venom feeds Symbiote Jeff

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    So, if I want to finish Kang, I'll be pulling Kang-Magik-Shark? Yikes.

Or Wong-Kang-Magik....

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

just posted on fb too. So far that's twitter and facebook that got the news before the official forum. Who had twitter and facebook on their "who will get news before the official forum" bingo card?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Scofie said:

@entrailbucket said:
    The whole thing could've been avoided if that ability didn't have void tiles in the description.

That one inclusion warps the discussion about this character from "fine, if limited in use," to "bad attempt at a Chasm counter."

Yes, but I'd guess the first question asked if it were omitted would be "does it destroy void and web tiles?"...

void tile are chasm specific, so mentioning void tiles in a character specifically make their design directly related to him, and so kinda "designed as counter" as this one destroy the tiles. Noone ever asks if a power works on swarm tiles, which are used by more than one char.

Unless it means there are other char coming that creates void tiles, which would be another level of fun...

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

Er...that is not the reason no one ever asks about Swarm tiles...

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

just posted on fb too. So far that's twitter and facebook that got the news before the official forum. Who had twitter and facebook on their "who will get news before the official forum" bingo card?

They've explained that Facebook and Twitter ARE the official sources for information. Not the forums. So this isn't surprising.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Facebook and Twitter.
    Did we travel back in time to 2019?

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

Can't wait to see the details. So is the affiliation with Symbiotes? Or Spider-verse?

PS: Symbiote syngery? With Red/Green already Jeff's focus? Not thrilled with that.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@BriMan2222 said:

They've explained that Facebook and Twitter ARE the official sources for information. Not the forums. So this isn't surprising.

There's no real information on Facebook, just the pictures. I assume they'll give us all the details at some point

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

And revealing the newest 3/5-Star character, who is hosting Taco Tuesdays over in the DeadGwenpool Daily this week, Jeffrey!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So um..... @IceIX ......

I notice that little infographic on feeders doesn't have the little retro text that Magik and Kang had. Is Gwenpool going to retro feed the adorable little symbiote land shark?

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

So another Pet Avengers entry, but that Symbiote synergy is just odd. Seems just tacked on for funsies, not really a functional addition, considering how few Symbiotes there are in this game.

Edit: Looked for all the Symbiotes, there's 4 & 5 star Carnage, 1 & 4 star Venom, Knull, Agent Venom, and Anti-Venom, however Back in Black Spider-Man isn't one. I don't see much range for synergy between the powers here, beyond the obvious SAP's happening. None of these characters will get much from the boost, and none of them play into each other's powers much. Agent Venom would be the best choice, I guess?

PPS: I take that back, 5 star Carnage would have fun with the match damage increase, but was that really the goal interaction here?

Should we expect more Pet Avengers as playable characters? And more Symbiotes, too? Along with the now hinted at Brotherhood additions too, there seems to be a great deal of new characters planned, but not enough attention to the bugs happening around this production.

I appreciate the goals here, guys, but let's catch up on the Quality Assurance before we move forward more, huh?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

They purple power, doing 10,000 things. Goodness me!

3/5/5 I think. Would have to see purple to get it.

No retro word on the feeders, assuming it would be retro?