***** Jeffrey (Symbiote) *****

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

Jeff's passive extra match damage and damage reduction is working, even for himself. I think entrailbucket is thinking about base match damage increment.

The steps are:
    1) find out base match damage. You can see this by clicking on the tiles that they are tanking.
    2) multiply the extra match damage dealt by up to 1.2 or 120%.
    You'll get the total match damage dealt, including the bonus. Assuming Carnage's black match-3 deals 3000, his final damage shown would be 3600, for extra 20% match damage.

So, it's working.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, you're right. Daredevil was wrong! The match damage buff is not applied when you click on tiles on the board, it only shows up very briefly as a minus whatever on the target enemy when you actually move the board. I guess support buffs like Talon Fighter get handled differently?

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Extra match damage bonus and base match damage buff is different. The order of operation is different.

Cyclops, Colossus and AW etc use base match damage buff. Jeff applies the extra match damage after you make the match. The main difference is that base match damage buff can change tanking of colours, whereas extra match damage doesn't.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can we get some kind of in game confirmation that this passive is working? Its really annoying to have to try and guess if it is, because there's no way to see the effect happen except right at the moment a match is made.

Like 5* SWitch's repeater, I would be very grateful if like, the number of charges spent popped up when the repeater fired, or something like that. I never know how many charges she has, and all of these passives are the same, bugged as hell, and invisible in the background.

Almost every single % boost passive is not working. Seriously, where is the QA team? Do they need more devs?

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Does anyone know if Jeffrey’s extra match damage is boostable by Okoye, Apoc, SW and Emma or is it just a flat boost? I’m hoping that the boost works like Magik's, but I suspect it doesn’t.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Extra match damage bonus and base match damage buff is different. The order of operation is different.

Cyclops, Colossus and AW etc use base match damage buff. Jeff applies the extra match damage after you make the match. The main difference is that base match damage buff can change tanking of colours, whereas extra match damage doesn't.

Hound, does Jeff get the bonus even when he isn’t with another symbiote?

And am I to presume that the red passive is extra match damage bonus while his green active is base match damage buff?

• HoundofShadow
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes, both damage reduction and extra match damage apply to him even when he's the only symbiote.

Red deals 20% extra match damage. Match-3 damage = (base match damage x 3) x 1.2 = final damage.

Green increases his base match damage.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@IrisRyu said:
    Does anyone know if Jeffrey’s extra match damage is boostable by Okoye, Apoc, SW and Emma or is it just a flat boost? I’m hoping that the boost works like Magik's, but I suspect it doesn’t.

I checked and I don't see it being boosted by Okoye. I wouldn't expect it to be, though. Magik is weird because she actually does two different hits, Jeff just seems to do more damage one time.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Not surprising, but thanks for checking. I keep hoping that there’s more to Jeff’s kit and there’s not. At least he’s cute.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Yes, both damage reduction and extra match damage apply to him even when he's the only symbiote.

Red deals 20% extra match damage. Match-3 damage = (base match damage x 3) x 1.2 = final damage.

Green increases his base match damage.

I appreciate it. Thank you!

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Jeffrey doesn’t get the match damage bonus with Okoye.

But he does with Deathlock (aka the best battery in the game).

Honestly teaming Jeff with the Knulls kinda shows how outdated their powers are. I mean….. Knull in particular looks really bad. His strikes are hella weak, his active black was probably an anti-IHulk power that was doa and now somehow looks even worse. 5* carnage’s strikes also look pitiful, almost to the point that I don’t mind Jeffrey eating them.

Also…. Anti-venom really sucks. Man he….. he’s just really junk.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Jeffrey doesn’t get the match damage bonus with Okoye.

But he does with Deathlock (aka the best battery in the game).

Honestly teaming Jeff with the Knulls kinda shows how outdated their powers are. I mean….. Knull in particular looks really bad. His strikes are hella weak, his active black was probably an anti-IHulk power that was doa and now somehow looks even worse. 5* carnage’s strikes also look pitiful, almost to the point that I don’t mind Jeffrey eating them.

Also…. Anti-venom really sucks. Man he….. he’s just really junk.

Agreed on all accounts. The Symbiote synergy is entirely boring. Would have actually been interesting if it was with Non-Humans. Would include Throg and R+G, and several others, but no, the dev's go with Symbiotes. What a waste.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well if (when?) they update/rework the Symbiotes and Knulls maybe they’ll do some work. It kinda gives the devs a little motivation to work in the Knulls especially and update them.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Apologies if this has been covered in the 12 pages of comments, but why are Jeffrey's tiles white like friendly SAP tiles? It is very off putting on quick board scanning and seems to be an odd decision to have one character differ from everyone else?
    gimmick or bug?

• entrailbucket
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Captain_Trips88 said:
    Apologies if this has been covered in the 12 pages of comments, but why are Jeffrey's tiles white like friendly SAP tiles? It is very off putting on quick board scanning and seems to be an odd decision to have one character differ from everyone else?
    gimmick or bug?

I find it weird/jarring too. It hasn't been brought up here.
    I can't imagine it's on purpose -- report it as a bug?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

During his PvP, his green made Dr. Thor and Shang-Chi very viable on offense. Got mauled on defense, but that's to be expected when you use two non-boosted 5's.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is Jeffrey as a symbiote actually a thing or an original for MPQ like 5* Deadpool?

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Is Jeffrey as a symbiote actually a thing or an original for MPQ like 5* Deadpool?

Quick Googling (so I may be wrong), there's an upcoming Venom centric event coming this summer where Jeff is venomized. I checked Marvel Unlimited and none of the current Jeff infinity comics have that cover.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cool thanks Waddles. The info on Jeff was quite sparse and it never mentioned a symbiote which would have padded it out so at least now I know!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Cool thanks Waddles. The info on Jeff was quite sparse and it never mentioned a symbiote which would have padded it out so at least now I know!

The cover artist in game is credited to BCS. I would say MPQ original like 5* Deadpool, but potentially influenced by upcoming summer event?