***** Jeffrey (Symbiote) *****

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    Well how would getting double web tiles or double abyss tiles from his Green power help you in any meaningful way? Double charged tiles would be a double edge sword as we all know.

The 3* Jeff specifically leaves off web, abyss and charged tiles.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Was kinda expecting either Carbage or Knull to be in the CP store, given the symbiote connection. Oh well.

Also, 6 covers right off the bat thanks to Gwenpool. I'll take those!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@KGB said:
    Well how would getting double web tiles or double abyss tiles from his Green power help you in any meaningful way? Double charged tiles would be a double edge sword as we all know.

The 3* Jeff specifically leaves off web, abyss and charged tiles.

Indeed it does. My comment was towards the players who wanted 5* Jeffreys green to be the 3* version which means it would steal the tiles (removes and spits back out as yours). That only works for owned tiles (SAP) so it would not make sense on the 5* version.

I'm happy to have a character who can finally remove all web / charged tiles from the board. Not something I need done often but if/when I need it done now I have a character who can do it.

KGB

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Do destroyed enemy SAP tiles give APs and deal damage?

If you mean from his Green power, I don't think the power destroys tiles. The wording makes me think it just does a straight overwrite since it says it 'converts to basic tiles' so there would be no tile destruction (and thus no cascades or triggers for say BrB passive etc). In short, I think it works like Kitty's passive.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm referring to his purple power. :D

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

The vanilla text said destroy, and now the flavor text says eat. I'm pretty sure he destroys the tiles, so he will feed BRB.

edit** Read the power again after looking at the 3*. He converts them not destroys them. So he wont feed BRB.

As for the rest the numbers on purple are nice. The healing is decent but worse than both Abigail and Crystal.
    The wording on it is questionable. The way it is worded makes it seem like only Lockheeds damage will benefit from the repeater. Everything is separated out, and if this is the case the power is far too expensive for what this is doing.

So essentially a 1 turn repeater doing 1800. 1 single SAP tile removed. 1 Burst of 2600. 1 direct damage of 4k ignoring protect tiles. 1 2 turn invisible tile. For 9 purple ap. Is this how it functions?

Red 8 AP for roughly 20k damage and a big true heal. Pretty good.

Green the way it is worded looks like it's going to have that broken selection type menu.

Overall a middling character probably will champ him by accident. Not going to target him at all.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Does his purple do ALL of those things or is it pick 1?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It does them all. Kind of like Professor X or Nick Fury.

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

Its an all fire, like the other team calls from Cap, and Throg has an animation that's similar, if I remember right.

PS: Fury is a better example.

• killahKlown
    Options

Well thats not so bad then. Instant damage, and repeater that does damage every turn. And two turn invisibility. Throw in some health and destroy an special enemy tile. This isn't horrible. And I'm sure the damages are enhanced by Emma or okoye

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@Alex502 said:
    Its an all fire, like the other team calls from Cap, and Throg has an animation that's similar, if I remember right.

PS: Fury is a better example.

Correct, it's all effects, not a selector.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you for fixing the feeder graphic!
    It's readable now :)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it is OK to have a 5* release like this once in a while that doesn't pretend to move any needles. We once again have a pretty old feeder which will cough up plenty of covers for free, so if you really don't like the adorable shark you don't have to pull to be able to roster if you are in the position of most of us veterans on these boards. If you Champ 'em all, you are gonna champ 'em all.

I know everybody is desperate for their next Chasm fix but it is sometimes nice for the Devs just to have a bit of fun.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

X anybody who's dissing the adorable shark!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It could be adorable, yes. It doesn't pretend to move any needles, hell yeah.
    But I wanted a fatty kang and this character will tighten my chances to pull for him in 1, because I'm going to pass on him.
    And of course will tighten the chances to champ magik a lot more than kang.
    So for me it's not so adorable.

• concillado
    concillado Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options

but shehulk3 doesnt secondarily feed Gwenpool ???

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@concillado said:
    but shehulk3 doesnt secondarily feed Gwenpool ???

Not any more. Now she feeds Red Hulk instead as well as 4* She Hulk.

• Timmay83
    Timmay83 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

@gamecat235 said:
    This character looks fin-tastic. It will really mako my day when I can roster them so that they can sink their teeth into some of my opponents.

Were those comments made on porpoise?

• killahKlown
    Options

It's not funny if you're not using the right species. Shoot, you're not even in the correct animal Class

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

I mean Jeff does wear a dolphin costume to not scare folks away… so maybe he’s just fooled by the costume?