***** Jeffrey (Symbiote) *****

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Actually abyss tiles shouldn't be targeted because as you know they are character tiles. And they have done it for Wong, rebalanced magneto (but not working, a comfortable chair is needed), and this character.
    Let's imagine they released Galactus. He has damage reduction, and 5 different 1AP powers with their passives. Then of course everybody plays Galactus ASAP.
    But nerfing is not the solution as you know. Then from then onwards every character released counters one of his 5 powers and passives. But still people continue playing Galactus because he is so OP and PvP becomes boring and not inclusive for all the game characters.
    How awful! Luckily it was a supposition, isn't it?

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

I predicted Justin Hammer but guess we’ll see

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

😂 😂 😂 😂
    Release Galactus. My ****. So the janitor is the same power level as the Phoenix force?

They may as well release death, the watcher, and surtur. Bro you are reaching

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Duh duh, Duh Duh, DUH DUH DUH DUH, DUH DUH DUH DUH, Duh da nah, duh da nah

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

Is that 2-turn invisibility tile a countdown, a repeater, or just an invis tile with a secret counter on it? If the last, can we avoid that kind of thing in future?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This makes a good case that it's Jeff the land shark

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

This makes a good case that it's Jeff the land shark

Could this just be a clever April Fool's joke and character teaser rolled into one?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope the 3* is the small cute Jeff the Land Shark. And the 5* is somehow modelled in this fashion

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

SHARK!!!!!

Just give us now

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

Taco Tuesday seems like a recurring event involving jeff shark usage

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,921 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod note: Removed some comments that were off-topic. Please keep this discussion on topic. Thank you.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

The fact that everyone comes into every new character thread and immediately checks if it's the new meta counter that we all need SHOULD tell the devs all they need to know about how broken Chasm is. I have a level 500+ Chasm, so it's not like I'm not benefitting from the brokenness myself. But i respect that people are tired of it, and im tired of having to use the same two cgaracters all the time (unless there happens to be a worthy boost list on any given wrek).

Dianetics has repeatedly pointed out that there's a super duper easy peasy fix--passively punish or disallow unlimited revives. It's so simple. Oh wait, I forgot... we only do ridiculously over complicated characters now which rely on algebraic formulas and certain numbers of character-specific combo points that you better memorize to be able to do [thing].

Ice can say what he wants about this "not being sold as a Chasm counter", especially since if that WAS the designers' goal (as almost every 5* release low-key has been), they've widely missed the mark again. No one needs a 5* Grocket counter, and Brolaris is already easily countered by a variety of 4 and 5* teams.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Every character will be looked at through the lense of already released characters. We will try to slot them all into a tier ranking.
    Maybe not a pure character ranking but more of a character role tier ranking. How well they do at the role they are supposed to fill.
    We should always compare what is coming to what we already have, because these characters do not exist in a vacuum.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The whole thing could've been avoided if that ability didn't have void tiles in the description.

That one inclusion warps the discussion about this character from "fine, if limited in use," to "bad attempt at a Chasm counter."

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,130 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    The whole thing could've been avoided if that ability didn't have void tiles in the description.

That one inclusion warps the discussion about this character from "fine, if limited in use," to "bad attempt at a Chasm counter."

Yes, but I'd guess the first question asked if it were omitted would be "does it destroy void and web tiles?"...

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Honestly this shark doesn't have any other appeal than to be another chasm counter wannabe. His toolkit is totally niche.
    Then the sad addition to better sell him is his "awesome" counter, for someone picking him in pvp.
    I'd say chasm is already a serious issue to the game for to sell bad counters on discount as a premium character design, but well to each is own.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I still want to see the non-placeholder, numbers-included description of this character before I dismiss them. I really don't think they're that bad.

• MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

@DyingLegend said:
    I love how any new character immediately makes people cry about Chasm or not being good enough to counter him.

Just nerf Chasm so we can get back to crying about other things lol

I like your way of thinking.