***** Jeffrey (Symbiote) *****

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

I'm not overly excited for this character, should I be ?

I feel like BCs goal is just to one up the previous character as far as how annoying and complex their power set is.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Another recent duo (re-)discovered by players: Hawkeye + 4Deadpool to feed his red. Gertrude Yorkes could be a better ally than 4Deadpool in this team sometimes.

I just noticed his green targets friendly SAP tiles as well. Here's some other interesting/unconventional team for this Shark:

His purple ability + 4* Venom. Venom will keep creating protect tiles for him to destroy each turn after you fire his purple unless you run out of yellow tiles. Throw in Carbage for extra match each turn confidently and fill the board with attack and strike tiles. Fire Shark's green to boost his damage and true heal. I think he's going to tank 5 out of 6 colours in this team, unless your Carbage level is very high.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

@Omegased said:
    I'm so tired of all this anti chasm talk.
    I wish you would remove him from the game so I don't need to hear about him all the time.

Chasm on his own, is easy, and sucks.

Chasm with the revive peeps are a challenge but getting less and less in a pick 3. They are never around in pick two.

I see them all the time in pick-2.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

@liminal_lad said:

@Omegased said:
    I'm so tired of all this anti chasm talk.
    I wish you would remove him from the game so I don't need to hear about him all the time.

Chasm on his own, is easy, and sucks.

Chasm with the revive peeps are a challenge but getting less and less in a pick 3. They are never around in pick two.

What slice/MMR are you that you’re having that experience? IHulk/Chasm are still super common for me in the 450-500 unboosted 5-star tier.

My 5 are all ranging from 450-470. Slice wise, just depends when I can play to what I join.

I will occasionally see chasm/ihulk in pick twos, but now often it's the boosted.

Pick three, of course but I usually use Colossus/Electra/electro or Riri/mthor/someoneelse

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards

My entire point was that I want them to stop shoehorning bad anti-Chasm tech onto otherwise decent characters. If that one power didn't talk about abyss tiles, nobody would even have brought him up.

• HoundofShadow
    edited April 2023

Even if they don't put that, players will still hijack this thread with how it's impossible to fire his powers because Chasm drained all their aps :'( . I've been in here since late 2017, and players will hijack threads with other matters. For example, players hijacked cash bundle threads stating how Demiurge was solving dilution with cash bundles. Support threads were also hijacked. It's a norm.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I expect Ability 3 - 6 Green AP to have broken UI elements so sometimes you will never know which ability you are trying to cast.

Want to eat those abyss tiles? Hah, fooled you, you selected charged tiles.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited April 2023

Sounds good B tier character. Will be nice to have that flexibility on the green. With all this healing and active red/green, will be nice to have an alternate for Crystal. A small bump to the purple numbers would be nice, or 3 turns invisible.

Got to hand it to BCS, consistently producing totally useable characters, but not destabilizing the game. Wong, HM, EF5, Riri..... they're all decent - and in the right situations great. This character will likely fall in this group.

I don't understand the clue, why does everyone think it's a shark?

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 212 Tile Toppler

@HoundofShadow said:
    Even if they don't put that, players will still hijack this thread with how it's impossible to fire his powers because Chasm drained all their aps :'( . I've been in here since late 2017, and players will hijack threads with other matters. For example, players hijacked cash bundle threads stating how Demiurge was solving dilution with cash bundles. Support threads were also hijacked. It's a norm.

Well, we got to beat the 8 different threads record of gambit whining from back in the day, going on at the same time. 😂

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,804 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:

You brought him up before you saw that anyone else did. "Hard counter?"

• HoundofShadow
    edited April 2023

Let's be honest. Even if I don't, someone else will. I'm just a catalyst. As long as nerf Chasm camp exists, they will find ways to hijack every new character threads.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

@dianetics said:
    I expect Ability 3 - 6 Green AP to have broken UI elements so sometimes you will never know which ability you are trying to cast.

Want to eat those abyss tiles? Hah, fooled you, you selected charged tiles.

It could have a 'select a tile on the board' since you won't want to select a tile type that is not present.

• HoundofShadow

Select tile ability doesn't have such UI. For example, 3* Bullseye's purple.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

It says select a tile type, not select a tile. I imagine it would say select a tile, all tiles of this type get converted or something like that if it were select a tile.

Maybe it wont have the borked UI, but I'm guessing it will.

edit** changed wording.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Some points here:
    This character seems designed for another game. It's slow and doesn't have any good damaging power. Needs someone doing the job.

Green able to select abyss or webs obviously is a flashing signal saying chasm counter (are you tired of talking about chasm?, well, I'm more tired than you. But it's not needed to say the opposite to the obvious truth). If chasm some day gets a nerf, a lot of bad counters characters would need a rebalance for not losing part of their appeal. And devs should see another thing in their tracks if now the trend is to counter chasm.

Could that green work correctly for sure? It seems it does quite a bunch of things, has a lot of chances to be bugged on increasing match damage. And I should remind that characters decreasing match damage still are bugged, like colossus, PX, kingping, electro, etc.(it's funny how it seems nobody cares about these characters are bugged now since a long time. Or maybe am I the only one noticing this?).

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

Also counters Grockitty and Brolaris pretty well....

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards

Baby shark do do do do do. Baby shark do do do do do, Baby shark do do do do do do, Baby shark!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:
    Also counters Grockitty and Brolaris pretty well....

But why bring this 5* to counter those characters when Chasm counters them and every other character so much better? He doesn’t need 6 AP and to then choose a tile type. He just stuns them before they can drop any tiles and deals big damage before turn 1.