Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Sure.
    They could do a lot of things.
    99 bugs on the wall...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

So what we are saying here is that Kang is most definitely not broken and making PvE extra trivial there is nothing to see here, right?

Time to move this thread to where the Devs won't see it, Mods. Feedback and Suggestions!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    99 bugs on the wall...
    OK, I tested that now.
    Destroy works, as in Jane blows them up.
    Matching doesn't work, though.
    So, it's destroy, but not match.

Matching is a form of destroying. So it should work on a match. If this is intended the wording needs to be changed to be like 5* Carol’s red passive.

• Bowgentle

You know how bad they are with words.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

This is a bit like that time when new feeders were only for special events. Apart from Anniversary, Holidays or special events.

At least the new Devs have new ways of confusing us. :)

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    So what we are saying here is that Kang is most definitely not broken and making PvE extra trivial there is nothing to see here, right?

Time to move this thread to where the Devs won't see it, Mods. Feedback and Suggestions!

With my supports I only had to back out once in the first sub because I couldn’t fire IM40 on my first turn. Then I literally just blue them all away. All I need now is a support where count downs instantly resolve so I don’t need to wait the two turns.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Finally Kang and the immortals has been fixed so chasm has sailed across the quantum space quite a bit of times already, and Ihulk revives but appears the victory banner.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Players are strange people. I remember players being unhappy with the amount of time spent on grinding pves, and some wanted the dev to reduced the number of clears/grinds.

Kang appeared and allowed players to clear pick-3 non-wave nodes in 30 seconds instead of 60-75 seconds, and all of a sudden, some are concerned about this. Players are shaving off 30-45 seconds x 5 x 4: up to 600 seconds/10 minutes to 15 minutes per day.

:o

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

@HoundofShadow said:
    Players are strange people. I remember players being unhappy with the amount of time spent on grinding pves, and some wanted the dev to reduced the number of clears/grinds.

Kang appeared and allowed players to clear pick-3 non-wave nodes in 30 seconds instead of 60-75 seconds, and all of a sudden, some are concerned about this. Players are shaving off 30-45 seconds x 5 x 4: up to 600 seconds/10 minutes to 15 minutes per day.

:o

Exactly ive come to realize that a certain core base (especially in this forum) can't be pleased.

Kang is a refreshing addition to the game, hopefully there are more like him. The game was getting very very stale ability wise. Now every 5 I'm excited to see if we get something different

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

Exactly. Some people want faster play and some people want more challenge. It's two different groups of players. Of course they can't make everyone happy when two different groups want completely opposite things.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Exactly. Some people want faster play and some people want more challenge. It's two different groups of players. Of course they can't make everyone happy when two different groups want completely opposite things.

That's true, but of course the game only incentivises faster play. It would be entirely possible to choose one or the other (like a Strange Sights choice) for progression if the placement rewards didn't exist. Trying to balance both so timing was roughly equal would be difficult.

• HoundofShadow

Players want choices. If they don't want to win in 3-turns, nobody is forcing them to use these teams. They can always use Wasp if they find Kang too fast.

The point is, it isn't easy to be developers and be nice to them. Some players like to speak as if being a game developer is easy. Solving bug is easy. Creating new event is easy. Balancing is easy. Everything related to coding is easy to them. If players keep doing this sort of "rubbish", BCS will walk down the path of Demiurge in the future.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

()()()()(

• HoundofShadow

I'm not lumping all players together. As a matter of fact, I've always acknowledge that there are different camps of players, and their ideas contradict one another. Just because I didn't include quantifiers in front of the word "players" doesn't mean I'm referring all of them as one group.

• entrailbucket

@HoundofShadow said:
    Players want choices. If they don't want to win in 3-turns, nobody is forcing them to use these teams. They can always use Wasp if they find Kang too fast.

The point is, it isn't easy to be developers and be nice to them. Some players like to speak as if being a game developer is easy. Solving bug is easy. Creating new event is easy. Balancing is easy. Everything related to coding is easy to them. If players keep doing this sort of "rubbish", BCS will walk down the path of Demiurge in the future.

Yes! You can either win in three turns, or choose a team that's more fun to play and finish #500 out of 1000. It's such a wonderful choice we have! Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything! Pick the best team and win, or choose any other team and lose.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Yes! You can either win in three turns, or choose a team that's more fun to play and finish #500 out of 1000. It's such a wonderful choice we have! Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything! Pick the best team and win, or choose any other team and lose.

You hardly finish 500 out of 1000. At worst you finish T100 instead of T10 because I never finish outside T100 in PvE or PvE and usually finish T50 and my softcapped roster is not the least bit competitive. Placement rewards only matter if you can consistently finish T10.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023

entrailbucket likes to exaggerate stuffs. I can play first bracket pves in scl 10 1-2 hours after it start, play optimally and I'll still be in top 100. I'm surprised he's not in T5 or T1 pve placement given that he finishes matches in 30-45 seconds.

I want to say that even getting T10 in scl 10 is quite easy. With Kang, it's even easier. T5 or T1 or T2 for release events is where the real stuff are. I've gotten T10 many times, T5 a few times and T2 once, all in first bracket. If you snipe bracket, you can get T5 easily.

• entrailbucket

Are you really saying that it's easy for anyone to finish in the top 1% of an event? Like, that's really what you're going to go with here? Talk about exaggerating things...

A healthy metagame has several optimal strategies, not just one. There may be some "best" thing, but it's the job of a game designer to ensure that there's more than one strategy that can potentially win.

• Bowgentle

@HoundofShadow said:
    entrailbucket likes to exaggerate stuffs. I can play first bracket pves in scl 10 1-2 hours after it start, play optimally and I'll still be in top 100. I'm surprised he's not in T5 or T1 pve placement given that he finishes matches in 30-45 seconds.

I want to say that even getting T10 in scl 10 is quite easy. With Kang, it's even easier. T5 or T1 or T2 for release events is where the real stuff are. I've gotten T10 many times, T5 a few times and T2 once, all in first bracket. If you snipe bracket, you can get T5 easily.

Funny how you ended outside of t20 with how easy it is to t10 in Lost In Time.