***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

1232425262729»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

My no 1 fan in the forum knows me the best. I'm glad you still remember that weeks or months ago I said I've not being playing pves competitively due to the dev's generosity. If only the dev can learn from Bowgentle and provide this kind of personalised service, players would be much more happier. o:)

Anyway,
    I've also stated the conditions before for a good easy T10 placement:

1) good timing: a lot of players can't compete due to real life scheduling. That's why many players suggested timeslice that fit their timezones.

Once players can get past this hurdle, T10 placement is up for grab as long as you've the following:

1) some meta characters, not necessarily 550 Okoye with her R5 support. Baby champed SC can secure T10 for you in many pves as long as other meta 5* aren't boosted.
    2) good familiarity with flow of pves, especially CN nodes, and also your clear and grind time.
    3) Support is a great boost. You don't necessarily need R5.

As far as variety is concerned, there are indeed variety. Colossus, SC, HM, Apocalypse, BRB, KK and other team compositions can help secure T10 placements. As for entrailbucket , since you can finish matches in 30-45 seconds, you've even more variety compared to me. Those 7 non-easy nodes take you at most between 30x3x7= 639 seconds to 45x3x7= 945 seconds and 3x3 easy nodes takes 120 seconds. You can finish pves with non-wave nodes in 750 to 1065 seconds. That's between 12.5 minutes to 17.75 minutes.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

So is it easy to t10 pve or isn't it?

• HoundofShadow

Like many skills, mastery doesn't happen overnight. If you expect overnight success, and it doesn't happen, then it's not easy in your mind. If you adopt a realistic approach, then it's easy.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023

If you frequent forums and take those advices provided in reddit/here, you'd have champed at least one 5* of your choice by the time you reach Shield Ranking 120 or scl 10. What about players who don't frequent forums? It simply means they are not concerned about champing everything in an unrealistic timeframe.

As for Supports, players are guaranteed a minimum R3 support every month. A lot of meta supports have already been featured. On top of that, the dev is revealing what they have in store for supports this month. Come to think of it, even if the dev reveal sharding for supports, some players will still be unhappy because the new path doesn't give them R5 support overnight everyday.

• Bowgentle

So, Kang.
    I'm seeing a bit of him this week, but I wonder how much of that is due to him still being boosted.
    I'm not sure he'll be viable in pick two with "only" normal health.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

I'm using Kang because he is boosted and because he is new - agree that he's not one I'm likely to use in pick two in the long run.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    So, Kang.
    I'm seeing a bit of him this week, but I wonder how much of that is due to him still being boosted.
    I'm not sure he'll be viable in pick two with "only" normal health.

Personally I don't see him getting much use in pick 2. Lots of people have told me they will use him with SW against the Chasm teams but I'd rather skip than take that much damage to win a fight. I will happily skip while waiting for the nerf or hard counter.

Pick 3 every now and then in sim I use the xpool team to take down the immortals but again it's health pack intensive.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards

The 550 Kangs are starting to show up, and he's pretty bad on defense. The only ability you have to worry about is black, but it's not fed and I haven't seen it go off too many times. The chance the AI will get to 9 blue is fairly low, and even if he does, you can target the CD tile to get your guy back. Kang is really one where additional levels aren't a big deal -- he's really just about as good as 450 as he is at 550.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

He's good on offense and fun to play as you can send the most tanky one to another dimension and then crush the already hurt one.
    On defense, on SIM, where he isn't boosted, I'm taking hits.
    Probably more than a chahulk user.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    The 550 Kangs are starting to show up, and he's pretty bad on defense.

This. He is absolutely pointless on defense. MT/SC might be easy to beat also but every now and then you are going to wipe out due to a crazy cascade. But Kang is basically useless in the AIs hand is not a deterrent even at 550.

• Bowgentle

@entrailbucket said:
    The 550 Kangs are starting to show up, and he's pretty bad on defense. The only ability you have to worry about is black, but it's not fed and I haven't seen it go off too many times. The chance the AI will get to 9 blue is fairly low, and even if he does, you can target the CD tile to get your guy back. Kang is really one where additional levels aren't a big deal -- he's really just about as good as 450 as he is at 550.

Thank you.
    So no point in making him bigger.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah the AI is never gonna be able to use his blue in a strategic way on defence but it won't matter because by the time players have climbed to where they wanna be he will be replaced by a Chasm/iHulk team on defence. So nothing is gonna change in PvP.

• Bad

No, actually a pretty fast character but easy to beat.
    Like the game used to be.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,805 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

Thank you.
    So no point in making him bigger.

I'll just add...I can't speak to how much faster he is on offense when he's maxed out. His black does do a ton of damage, and his purple can hit very hard when it's used situationally (the AI won't do this correctly ever). I guess it's possible that all those extra levels are worth it, just to get more damage on black/purple.

If your plan on offense is to win by sending guys away, then levels don't matter at all. If you're putting levels on him for defense, I'd say that's also probably not worth it. Someone else can maybe weigh in on whether it's worth expending resources to power up his black and purple.

• Bad
    edited March 2023

That's easy. Level 450 Black power 6 AP for 27.400, 6 purple for adding 1 cd turn and 1750 for each cd turn and for each enemy SAP.
    So maxed will be ~70k for black and ~4200 for each purple condition.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

Nice catch! Found a 450 Kang on the leaderboards and it appears he has the “standard” match damage 1068/949/831/etc.

Edit: His health was also bumped from 70,312 to 85,465.

Edit 2: Purple was also buffed. He now does 1153/1345/1730 damage for each enemy SAP (up from 287/335/430), which is the same damage he does for each turn remaining on the countdown tiles on the board. Thanks for correcting this BBR!

His away banner no longer spams every turn either. He still doesn't get 2 blue AP when you destroy a tile by matching it though.

Some were calling for a nerf and he received a buff. As someone pro-Kang, I love it!

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards

@Daredevil217 said:

Edit 2: Purple was also buffed. He now does 1153/1345/1730 damage for each enemy SAP (up from 287/335/430), which is the same damage he does for each turn remaining on the countdown tiles on the board.

This isnt a buff. 287/335/430 is his Purple’s ability damage at lv255. 1153/1345/1730 is his Purple’s ability. damage at lv450.