***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****

Options

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh F me it’s because I don’t have enough purple cover 😂 I’m an idiot.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

Down and not downed = Victory.

Fixed ?

https://streamable.com/enbnbe

• SourCream
    Options

Down with Abyss = Revive = No Victory

Chasm.

https://streamable.com/8zraqs

• dianetics
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    BCS: "OK, we fixed the order of operations now."
    Chasm: "Hold my beer."

They really boned themselves with the stun before anything happens. Chasm may be breaking himself with when the end of turn match damage is being actualized.
    I bet this issue appears with any new mechanic release, and will show up randomly until all the interactions are realized.

• SourCream
    Options

I'm guessing it has to do with turn and stun.
    When you down Chasm with enough Abyss tiles on board, Chasm will take over and stun you, thus can't win battle.
    Hulk will not take your turn away, thus auto win is possible.

Just me, but I think it's fair and proper operations.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

They did something overnight last night... Kang's passive is now checking constantly to see if everyone is down or away. Like, constantly. After every single action you take, the banner/check fires.

I haven't tested against the immortal guys but this seems like a brute-force way to fix some big.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes. Realm Shift constantly procc,'ing. I had no idea what was going on and so assumed it was something I hadn't paid attention to with my limited Kang use but nope. Something is up.

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

What do you guys mean by constantly processing?

I don't have 5*Kang yet, so I can't check.

Do you mean, like banners popping up every turn? Does it slow the game down?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It doesn’t seem to slow the game down but it’s noticeable as a brief distraction.

• bladewing
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    It doesn’t seem to slow the game down but it’s noticeable as a brief distraction.

Good to know. Thanks!

• entrailbucket
    Options

@bladewing said:

Yeah, it's not a significant amount of delay, but it's a delay. The banner pops up every turn, sometimes multiple times a turn, depending on what you do. I'm not sure if there's an animation because I have those turned off.

• bladewing
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@bladewing said:

Yeah, it's not a significant amount of delay, but it's a delay. The banner pops up every turn, sometimes multiple times a turn, depending on what you do. I'm not sure if there's an animation because I have those turned off.

I see. Appreciate the info!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@bladewing said:

No animation beyond the banner, just advises you that Realm Shift is doing...something? No idea what.

• dianetics
    Options

This sounds like the worst kind of fix ever. It reminds me of some set top box in the early 2000s that was constantly “calling home” tying up a phone line and cutting out faxes.

A garbage tier duct tape fix that doesn’t actually fix the problem.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I noticed some other passives like that seem to be firing every turn/after every action. Killmonger's passive that locks and unlocks critical tiles is doing the same thing, so maybe this isn't just a change to Kang.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Hmm. Not sure having Kang's away insta-win is something they will want to leave intact for mini-bosses like Iron Man in Cosmic Chaos. Sort'a defeats the point - he isn't very tough already but a Boss should at least be a Boss.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If people want to use a slow team on a non-repeatable node on a single enemy, let them.

• dianetics
    Options

I'm interested to know his interaction with Wong.
    If he sends Wong away and downs Wong's last partner will Wong return?
    If Wong goes away and his last partner dies will he return?

Any way to realistically test this? I have yet to see either a Wong or Kang in the wild.