***** Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) *****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited January 2023 in Character Details

Hit-Monkey (E.D.I. Suit)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Mercenaries, Technologists, Non-humans

"Bryce was an accomplished assassin, aided by a Loki Pattern E.D.I. Bio-Mech Suit used to enhance his already considerable abilities. Double crossed after a hit, Bryce escaped to the mountains of Japan with his pay; A large cache of varied Iso-8. Found by a group of macaque monkeys, Bryce spent his time healing and integrating the Iso-8 with the Stark-tech power supply on the Bio-Suit. Unfortunately, he never got to utilize the fruits of his labor. Caught by the same group that double crossed him, Bryce and the macaques were all murdered in cold blood... except for one monkey who had recently left the troop. That monkey had watched Bryce retool the suit during his rehabilitation. Intuiting how to use the suit and its deadly paraphernalia, the thugs stood no chance against the monkey..

Guided, or maybe haunted, by the ghost of Bryce, Hit Monkey now uses this Iso-8 fueled Bio-Suit to take down the scum of the criminal underworld. "

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
15770 Health / 63386 Health
 32 | 237 | 29 | 266 | 34 | 207 | 132 | 4.0x
 125 | 949 | 115 | 168 | 135 | 831 | 528 | 4.0x

Monkey Suit - 6  AP
Create 3 2-turn Invisibility Countdown tiles; all but one is a decoy tile, which deals 738 damage if matched by an enemy. If Hit-Monkey makes a match or uses an ability while Invisible, he deals 2215 damage to the target and becomes visible; otherwise, when the Countdown tiles expire, Hit-Monkey deals 399 damage to the enemy team and becomes visible. (Max level 2968/8903/1602 damage)

(PASSIVE) Whenever Hit-Monkey becomes visible, convert all his Invisibility tiles into basic tiles.
  • Level 2: Create 4 Invisibility Countdown tiles. Decoy tiles deal 812 damage if matched by an enemy. 2437 target damage, 710 team damage. (Max level 3265/9793/2852 damage)
  • Level 3: Decoy tiles deal 900 damage if matched by an enemy. 2658 target damage, 1021 team damage. (Max level 3621/10684/4101 damage)
  • Level 4: Create 5 Invisibility Countdown tiles. Decoy tiles deal 959 damage if matched by an enemy. 2880 target damage. (Max level 3858/11574/4101 damage)
  • Level 5: Create 6 Invisibility Countdown tiles. Decoy tiles deal 1269 damage if matched by an enemy. 3810 target damage, 1508 team damage. (Max level 5105/15313/6056 damage)
Monkey Business - 7  AP
Hit-Monkey gets down to business, and business is good. Guns blazing, he deals 3234 damage to the target. Enemies downed by this damage cannot return from downed through their own abilities. (Max level 12998 damage)

(PASSIVE) Hit-Monkey's a professional, he's got a code: he deals 10% increased damage to Villains, and any damage he deals to Villains automatically downs them if they have less than 15% health.
  • Level 2: Deals 3590 damage to the target. 15% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 14428 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 3913 damage to the target. 20% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 15728 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 4528 damage to the target. 25% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 18197 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 5854 damage to the target. 35% increased damage to Villains. (Max level 23526 damage)
OW OW That STINGS - 7  AP
Bryce lunges through the Monkey Suit, and the ISO-8 makes him temporarily, painfully corporeal; create a 3-turn Black Bryce Countdown tile, and this ability becomes I'm BACK, Baby!

(PASSIVE) Bryce doesn't just haunt Monkey, he haunts the board: At the beginning of the player's turn, Bryce converts the color of a random tile in the enemy's strongest color to Red or Purple. Supernatural enemies deal 10% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 2: Supernatural enemies deal 12% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 3: Supernatural enemies deal 15% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 4: Create a 4-turn Black Bryce Countdown tile. Supernatural enemies deal 18% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
  • Level 5: Supernatural enemies deal 25% less damage to Hit-Monkey.
I'm BACK Baby! -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Bryce distracts the target, causing them to deal 15% less damage. At the beginning of the enemy's turn, Bryce deals 487 damage to the target, destroys 2 AP in their strongest color, and swaps the positions of 3 random pairs of tiles on the board. If there is no longer a Bryce tile on the board, this ability becomes OW OW That STINGS. (Max level 1959 damage)
  • Level 2: Bryce deals 555 damage to the target. (Max level 2233 damage)
  • Level 3: Destroys 3 AP in their strongest color.
  • Level 4: No change.
  • Level 5: Bryce deals 575 damage to the target. Swaps the positions of 4 random pairs of tiles on the board. (Max level 2312 damage)
Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Release Events

Story

The Hunt: Florida - 12/15 - 12/18

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Shards + Cover Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Fight For Wakanda - 12/18 - 12/22

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Shards in Progression rewards

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Legendary Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Versus

Ook? EHK! - Hit Monkey (Mercenary) - 12/15 - 12/19

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) shards as Placement rewards

Don't Get Macaque-y - Hit Monkey (EDI Suit) - 12/18 - 12/21

Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Offers

Jacket and Tie Required Store - 12/15 - 12/18

Chance to get Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Vengeance Vault - 12/22 - 12/25

December 22, 2022, 09:00am - December 25, 2022, 09:00pm

Chance to get Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

40 Items:

○      1x Sharp Dressed Monkey Legendary Store Token

○      1x 4-Star Negasonic (Modern) cover

○      3x Random 3-Star covers

○      6x Heroic tokens

○      4x 2500 Iso

○      6x 1000 Iso

○      5x 500 Iso

○      14x Two stars

Sharp Dressed Monkey Legendary Store - 12/22 - 12/25

15% chance to get Hit Monkey (E.D.I. Suit), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), and Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance)

Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

His purple is a little strange. Chances are his invisible tiles will be turned into basic tiles unless your two other characters tank over him.

Black Hole is too expensive at 12 aps. Here's another counter to Chasm/iHulk: a cheap red power that *deals additional 35% damage to them that costs 7 red ap.
    *My wild guess is that the affiliation is Enhanced or Gamma Mutates.

I find this part interesting: Enemies downed by this damage cannot return from downed through their own abilities.

Are we going to get cheaper CAIW's ally revive next year?

His black conversion of x basic tile to red or purple could work well with Sersi/Storm/SC etc. It also counter iHulk because his strongest colour is green. I don't know what AFF5 is but it's probably something thematic based on their history. The transformation of his black reduce damage for everyone at 15%.

It looks like a straightforward kit, except for his purple. 6 2-turn AoE cd could be crazy. This is something you can fire at the start of the game and work with 550 iHulkoye? He's going to tank only purple anyway.

550 Okoye boost damage by 2856 per teamup ap. +4 tu ap and two TU match gives you 28560. If you can start the game off with 12 purple aps, you get 12 CDs which give you a total of 342,720 AoE damage at the end of your third match.

• Gundala
    Gundala Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

Rock, paper, scissor, lizard, Spock... :smile:

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Looks pretty interesting, though the purple's a bit complicated. There's like 7 different things going on in that power alone lol.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2022
    Options

Great! Finally devs monitored the chahulk meta on all its serious impact and released a hard counter on 5* and 3* tier.
    The zombie slayer for AFF4 as any damage will kill they forever, it's expected to be the hulks.
    His black passive will help him to get red.
    The random swapping will help to move the board, but being random it's not good nor bad. The AP destroy is nasty.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

His black gets rid of green or black basic tile against Chasm or iHulk. So, it also reduces the probability of iHulk processing his AoE.

• CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options

For me, seven red AP is still quite a few turns against Chasm, on average

• HoundofShadow
    edited December 2022
    Options

There are two parts to the red passive:
    1) deals extra 35% damage to AFF4
    2) if AFF4 has <15% HP left, any damage dealt automatically downs them.

All your match damage, passives and possible attack tiles automatically receives an extra 35% damage boost against AFF4. You can match damage them to death if you want to after you take care of one of them.

With the second part of the ability, you don't need any ap to trigger that effect.

What's more important is when they check for <15%. Do they need to have <15% left before firing this red power or do they check <15% criteria after they take damage from red power.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@HoundofShadow His?
    You don't think it's Spiral? She certainly seems to fit the clue well due to her multiple arms, although I'm not familiar enough with her to know how well she fits the power descriptions.

• HoundofShadow
    edited December 2022
    Options

I always learn that his refers to both genders in certain situations and this is one of them where the gender is unknown. Even if I use "they", it can still be confusing because we have duos like C&D and R4G in the game, and it so happen that they could fit this clue as well. I've no idea what pronouns to use nowadays, so I stick with what I've learnt.

Regardless of whether that's a she or he or others, what's more important is this is a Chasm or iHulk counter depending on what AFF 4 refers to. :D

I just thought of something else. Besides teaming iHulkoye with this, Kitty + R4G could work for baby champed 5* player or those with decent Kitty level. Kitty would have buffed strikes tiles by ~6000 in total when those 6 cds reach zero. So, the total AoE damage from 6 cds is at least 36k damage. If you do it organically by matching 2 purple match-3, it's 72k AoE damage. Just keep this character at 255 and hope that you got 5/5/3 build.

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:

All your match damage, passives and possible attack tiles automatically receives an extra 35% damage boost against AFF4. You can match damage them to death if you want to after you take care of one of them.

With the second part of the ability, you don't need any ap to trigger that effect.

What's more important is when they check for <15%. Do they need to have <15% left before firing this red power or do they check <15% criteria after they take damage from red power.

Just a note on how I understand the red ability. The can't revive appears to be linked to the active part, so

If you use the active part and down them with the damage, they can't return on their own.
    If you use the passive part and down them with another source of damage when they are below 15%, they can still return on their own.
    If you use the active ability and the damage does not directly down them, but they are below 15%, I would expect they can't revive.

If it works different, I would welcome the description saying so more explicitly.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@stef_focus said:

@HoundofShadow said:

Just a note on how I understand the red ability. The can't revive appears to be linked to the active part, so

If you use the active part and down them with the damage, they can't return on their own.
    If you use the passive part and down them with another source of damage when they are below 15%, they can still return on their own.
    If you use the active ability and the damage does not directly down them, but they are below 15%, I would expect they can't revive.

If it works different, I would welcome the description saying so more explicitly.

The passive should work with damage from any source when they're below 15%.
    Else what's the point of having that passive, just say it deals more damage to AFF4.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

A few possible ways to down them without firing power is to make a match cascade so that you down both together, or do something similar like matching special tiles with Polaris to trigger a 2-part attack that down both of them. Ultimately, it depends on when the <15% condition and their revive kick in. If <15% kicks in between your 2-part attack, then it will work. If it checks 15% after all the damage is dealt out, then it won't work.

The best way to find out is to wait for his pvp.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

15% is quite hard to do against Chasm. He heals and can down himself.
    For this wrench to be any good against Chasm, that % needs to be higher.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

90k health Chasm means 13.4k health Chasm. You make a cascade match and he and iHulk will be dead. If you are afraid of him KOing himself, you can always match web tiles to heal him. He's already pretty straightforward to beat.

How much % do you think is balanced?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is spiral team Heroes? I feel like she was always Mojo’s Silver Surfer in a way.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2022
    Options

Since this characters power that downs without revives taking place is the second power, as long as you have purple AP to be drained getting 7 red doesn’t seem too difficult to obtain and use against Chasm. Just at first glance this seems to be a pretty strong character against him and other revivers. Obviously will have to wait to see how it all works out when they’re released but I’m liking what I’m seeing at this point.

I’m really loving what the devs are putting out right now. Keep it up!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Clearly she/he is a heat seeking missile directed towards Chasm.
    I’m not so sure it will be enough though.
    This toon won’t be a scarecrow on defense for sure. I’m not even sure I would be deterred from hitting this character with chasm on my team.
    Obviously I will be pulling for this just get the hammer 🔨 needed for the revive meta.

Who is the pick two with this? Wanda or Electro?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@SourCream said:
    15% is quite hard to do against Chasm. He heals and can down himself.
    For this wrench to be any good against Chasm, that % needs to be higher.

I was viewing the passive as a back stop for the active. As in, fire the active but it's not quite enough to down the enemy... Make a match and the passive finishes them.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:.

Who is the pick two with this? Wanda or Electro?

Wanda I think. If the kill switch was yellow maybe not. But Wanda and the passive kill might be great depending on what Aff4 means.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I would have to say its a good thing if they aren't great on defence, its all well and good having a meta counter but if it just creates a new meta the cycle continues. General comments seem to be people are fed up of Chasm fights taking forever (yes there are exceptions) and so having one specific character to counter that team should appease the majority.
    My mind jumped straight to Spiral, not sure if there are many other multi armed characters to choose from?