***** Ronan (The Accuser) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited July 2021 in Character Details
Ronan-NC-1200x628png
Ronan (The Accuser)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains

"Once the leader of the Kree Empire's Accuser corps, Ronan went rogue, striking a deal with Thanos for the destruction of Xandar. Wielding the powerful Cosmi-Rod, Ronan clashes with the galaxy's heroes, taking it upon himself to become the galaxy's own judge, jury, and executioner."

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
19286 Health / 77519 Health
 27 | 215 | 188 | 29 | 31 | 242 | 120 | 3.5x
 104 | 861 | 753 | 114 | 123 | 968 | 479 | 3.5x

Judgement Call -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) From the deadly lips of Ronan: "I Accuse!" At the start of battle and every turn, if one doesn't exist, create a 3-turn Fortified Countdown tile targeting a random enemy. While this tile is on the board, Ronan's matches against that enemy deals 50% more damage, and his matches against other enemies deal 50% less damage. When this tile expires, deal 3150 damage to that enemy. (Max level 12661 damage)
  • Level 2: Ronan's matches deal 60% more damage, and Countdown tile deals 3465 damage. (Max level 13927 damage)
  • Level 3: Ronan's matches deal 70% more damage to Countdown target, 40% to other enemies. Countdown tile deals 3780 damage. (Max level 15193 damage)
  • Level 4: Ronan's matches deal 80% more damage, and Countdown tile deals 4410 damage. (Max level 17725 damage)
  • Level 5: Ronan's matches deal 100% more damage to Countdown target, 30% to other enemies. Countdown tile deals 5670 damage. (Max level 22790 damage)
Swift Hammer of Justice - 8  AP
Ronan shows no mercy against those who conspire against the Kree Empire. Deals 1342 damage to the target and 671 to any enemies who dealt damage to Ronan last turn. If all enemies were damaged by this power, destroy a random 3x3 block of tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP. (Max level 5394 damage to target, 2697 damage to enemies who dealt damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1490 damage to the target and 745 to any enemies who dealt damage to Ronan last turn. (Max level 5987 damage to target, 2994 damage to enemies who dealt damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1651 damage to the target and 825 to any enemies who dealt damage to Ronan last turn. (Max level 6635 damage to target, 3317 damage to enemies who dealt damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1959 damage to the target and 980 to any enemies who dealt damage to Ronan last turn. (Max level 7875 damage to target, 3938 damage to enemies who dealt damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2577 damage to the target and 1288 to any enemies who dealt damage to Ronan last turn. (Max level 10356 damage to target, 5178 damage to enemies who dealt damage)
Uncompromising Power - 6  AP
Ronan channels the Power Stone through his Cosmi-Rod, enabling him to conquer armies. Creates 2 random 2-turn Repeater tiles that create a copy of themselves on a random basic tile. When you match or destroy one of these tiles, deal 237 damage for this tile and each other Uncompromising Power tile on the board. (Max level 953 damage)
  • Level 2: Deal 261 damage. (Max level 1048 damage)
  • Level 3: Deal 284 damage. (Max level 1144 damage)
  • Level 4: Deal 332 damage. (Max level 1334 damage)
  • Level 5: Deal 427 damage. (Max level 1715 damage)

Release Events:

Store Offerings

Zealous Ronan Cover Store - June 3-13

• Chance to get Ronan (The Accuser). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Ronan Limited Vault - June 10-15

• 40 Items

• 1x Shadow of a Doubt Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Beast (Age of Apocalypse) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Shadow of a Doubt Legendary Store - June 10-15

• 15% chance to get Ronan (The Accuser), Hela (Goddess of Death), Mister Sinister (Nathaniel Essex)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

Webbed Wonder - June 3-7

• Ronan (The Accuser) In placement rewards

Introducing… Ronan - June 3-10

Featured Event:

Deadpool Vs. MPQ - June 6-11

• Ronan (The Accuser) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

Nine Lives (Black Cat (Master Thief)) - June 3-7

• Ronan (The Accuser) shards as a placement reward

A Kree to Disagree - June 6-9

• Rewards tokens to the Zealous Ronan cover store

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Looking forward to this reveal. Too bad he rotates in when Colossus rotates out as they should have good synergy depending on the numbers.  Could also have good synergy with Profslaught cascades in multiple colors. And can act as a iHulk counter. Blue and Black suggests Ronan to me so probably Zemo.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I'm assuming the "dance moves" hint means Zemo.

The damage numbers may make a difference, but having a 2/3 chance of your passive hosing you over by targeting someone you don't want it to target is an... interesting design choice. Maybe the damage boost is that massive.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depending on the %, his passive looks outstanding and pretty good defensively. And offensively it looks like a killer on a match damage team.
    His blue seems interesting. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    I've seen this character's full stats, unfortunately, their damage is low and they're slow to get going. Starting to wonder if the age of big damage ability 5*'s is at an end. It seems we're moving into the high health and big match damage era.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black could be good could be bad.  Have the random enemy be IHulk it is bad.  Okoye good.  Similar to Valkyrie CD you need to keep swapping who you attack.

red really need to see numbers if it will be decent or not.  I will say this in the past complex powers are typically poor.  I am guessing this will be the worst power.

blue:  I really wish this was a 2 turn repeater instead of 2.  This one might be good in PVE when you can get more tiles out depending on the damage.  Even for 6AP a 2 turn repeater will be slow. 

Good health overall
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character's Black ability just gives Kitty's passive a target every turn.  Thanks for the free damage!

Blue could be interesting...but it looks like it doesn't work if the enemy team matches the tiles which could be a huge drawback.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue looks like a lot of fun if you can get it going. That it doesn't do anything if the enemy matches/destroys takes a little bit of the bang out of it, though. I feel like it would also have been better had they made it a little more expensive, but a 1-turn repeater.
    Red is a pretty basic nuke type power that will undoubtedly have laughable dmg output on its own, which pretty much guarantees he's a third slot teammate for an existing meta, not a meta character himself.
    Black could be dangerous as part of a match dmg team, but the RNG element DESTROYS it's utility in PvP.
    First impression, without seeing the numbers, this is an awful character with a single power that could be fun but only some of the time. Easy pass.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black power
    This guy will trigger Kitty's repeater every other turn. He doesn't create any other special tiles that Kitty can continue to feed on.

I wonder if this will stack with Colossus's or Killmonger's passive match damage increment. Likewise, I'm wondering if this stacks with Wanda's. I'm leaning towards a 'no' right now, seeing how different % based damage increment don't seem to stack.

As for the %, SM2099 gives a 75% boost to any type of damage against the targeted enemy. Killmonger gives a 150% boost on matches in enemy's strongest colour. Colossus gives himself 126% increment. If it gives at least 100% increment at 5 covers, it should be fine.

Red power
    8 ap for up to 3 hits of attack on 3 characters. It's easier to do this against passive damage teams like iHulkoye or Polaris-based team. So, the target is likely the featured character. Alternatively, you can target whoever last did damage, so that they take damage twice. The random 3x3 tiles destruction won't trigger often and I thought even if it could gain aps, it won't be that good because it's random.

Blue power
    This got to be his most interesting power. It reminds me of a mix of Loki's purple CD power and  Mr Sinister's blue trap power. Teaming him up with Green Goblin will be fun. This power is more suitable for wave nodes, where you have more time to let them create more copies.

This character is a skip for me. Probably Starlord and Loki will be in his special store.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    I like the teasers but would like them better with actual #s lol, or are they still in progress?

Not a fan of a power that randomly puts a crosshair on an enemy either.  I think it'd be awesome if it had an active part of the power that did some damage and changed targets or something.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like that black power. In addition to Kitty suiciding, I would like to have the choice of whether and who I want to target as an enemy at the expense of less damage to others - this power takes that away completely.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
     it seems like a Bounty Hunter variant, with a little helping of trying to be a Match Damage Okoye.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2021
    not sure about that synergy with colossus after trying to boost his (colossus') match dmg with rogue and killmonger.

rogue and km don't stack their respective boosts, so I wouldn't bet this characters boost stacks with either of those two
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue stacks with Colossus. KM stacks with Colossus. Rogue just doesn’t stack with KM. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It must be a lot of you see kitty often. Because my case its the opposite. And it could be that a kitty with that repeater locked on her wont survive 2 turns.
    Still it is needed to see the skill at level 5 because it can raise exponentially the % of the target or it can decrease exponentially the % to the others. Those 2 options could change a lot the skill as there are 3 factors in there, damage at the end included.
    If the % match damage is really high, he will be a threat in the right team.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    I think KM's passive match boost is bugged. 

For example, in a match against  Apocalypse/Onslaught/Prof $, the enemy team's strongest colour is black (due to Apocalypse being the highest levelled)

If you were to make a black match against Apocalypse, you will gain an additional 150% match damage against him. However, if you were to make a black match against either Onslaught or Prof $, you will not gain an additional 150% damage.

Base match damage increment will stack with Rogue. 

However, if you have SM 2099 CD (+75% damage), 3* Thanos' purple CD (+260% match damage) and Rogue's Gloves Off (target black matches) all fired and you target black match, assuming 85 damage for black match by Thanos, and you make a black match against the Target of SM2099's CD,

Thanos will deal only 85*3*3.6= 918 black match-3.

Using the same scenario, but Thanos' CD boosts his match damage by 175%, his black match-3 will deal 85*3*3= 765.
    This proves that the game will choose whichever is the highest % for match damage.

I think Rogue's power should be interpreted as Power Siphon deals 200% more match damage. When you intepret it this way, the above scenario makes sense.

To conclude, base damage increment can stack with  non base-damage increment that has the highest %. If there are 2 non-base match damage increments, the game will choose whichever has the highest %. Since Rogue's  200% and KM's 150%, the game will choose 200%. 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    with all those gritty, britty, polaritty, brmedpol, grpolye, brpolthan, guagrjug, hathorpoc, onslthanpoc and hulkoye synergies i didn't thought it was too much to let those two powers stack.

could always be sent the omgambshop route if an experiment fails... 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think KM's passive match boost is bugged. 

For example, in a match against  Apocalypse/Onslaught/Prof $, the enemy team's strongest colour is black (due to Apocalypse being the highest levelled)

If you were to make a black match against Apocalypse, you will gain an additional 150% match damage against him. However, if you were to make a black match against either Onslaught or Prof $, you will not gain an additional 150% damage.

If you only go off Killmonger’s text in the above situation, it will read the enemy strongest color as black and you get the bonus for matching black vs Apoc but not if you match black vs ProfX and Onslaught. 

However,

ProfX’s strongest color is blue and if you make blue match vs ProfX, you get the bonus. Same if you make a purple match vs Onslaught. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    It must be a lot of you see kitty often. Because my case its the opposite. And it could be that a kitty with that repeater locked on her wont survive 2 turns.
    Still it is needed to see the skill at level 5 because it can raise exponentially the % of the target or it can decrease exponentially the % to the others. Those 2 options could change a lot the skill as there are 3 factors in there, damage at the end included.
    If the % match damage is really high, he will be a threat in the right team.
    You are really over rating the match damage boost.  Colossus has a great match damage boost and is really not played.  The issue is the increased match damage is on a specific enemy.  This means if you want to whittle down a different enemy this passive is bad as it will reduce match damage.  I am also not expecting the CD to do significant damage since it is a passive CD.  If you look at Knull his passive CD does 2106 damage.

what will be interesting is if his repeater tiles are good or if they are weak damage since they can be increased by each repeater on the board.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very unimpressed by this character. Whoever it is.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    ammenell said:
    with all those gritty, britty, polaritty, brmedpol, grpolye, brpolthan, guagrjug, hathorpoc, onslthanpoc and hulkoye synergies i didn't thought it was too much to let those two powers stack.

could always be sent the omgambshop route if an experiment fails... 
    Reading this gave me a headache. Some of those have to be made up, right? 

I assume the ‘jug’ in guagrjug is juggernaut, but I have no idea what’s going on in the rest of that