***** Ronan (The Accuser) *****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually think he should be set to 5/3/5, and his red ignored. If his blue tiles each replicate themselves every turn, including the copies, that could escalate very quickly assuming they stay alive. Especially since they aren't limited to a single color, just random placement around the board. Who are our repeater fortifier options? Goblin/Cable/Heimdall at the 5* tier?

Then at the 4* Tier: Human Torch does it passively when an ally fires a power, Shuri, possibly Misty on yellow (unclear from power description if she only fortifies SAPs), Frost on black?

I think he'll be in Sinister/Heimdall tier for me where I build a fun pick-3 gimmick around him but I don't see him setting the world on fire in PIck 2.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually think he should be set to 5/3/5, and his red ignored. If his blue tiles each replicate themselves every turn, including the copies, that could escalate very quickly assuming they stay alive. Especially since they aren't limited to a single color, just random placement around the board. Who are our repeater fortifier options? Goblin/Cable/Heimdall at the 5* tier?

Then at the 4* Tier: Human Torch does it passively when an ally fires a power, Shuri, possibly Misty on yellow (unclear from power description if she only fortifies SAPs), Frost on black?

I think he'll be in Sinister/Heimdall tier for me where I build a fun pick-3 gimmick around him but I don't see him setting the world on fire in PIck 2.
    His blue will replicate every 2 turns when the repeater counts down not every turn.  Otherwise it would be a 1 turn repeater.  Since you need to get so many repeaters out you are better off running it a 3 and bringing a booster like Okoye or Apoc.  This way when you match a repeater you get the boosted damage.  

As is you need 6 out to do 10k damage.  That is 4 turns after you fire the power.  Now add in an Apoc yellow boost and you are looking to match them right away.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    hm, didn't catch that. 2 turns feels like too long, even if the growth is exponential. He'll probably end up playing a bit like P4nther, which is to say he'll hit really hard eventually, but won't be someone you'll really bring along as a lead character to build around.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    The red passive damage to those who have damaged Ronan might have some extra legs if that can hit invisible characters.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    The red passive damage to those who have damaged Ronan might have some extra legs if that can hit invisible characters.
    It seemingly doesn’t. Invisible Woman was invisible for the longest time; I eventually managed to manoeuvre her invisibility tile so that it could be matched away. Still, Ronan’s Red gets the 3x3 bonus if there’s only one enemy left, which is nice.

And his Blue can get out of hand. I have never seen so many repeaters in my life.
  • DAZ0273
    I just found out the same. Also Invisible Woman matched and then locked my repeaters whilst going invisible and incredibly from a winning position she took Ronan down! Gonna go for a rematch as I would like to see that repeater work.
  • DAZ0273
    Holy cow, she did it again! There is no way this is intentional in his release event thingy but...Invisible Woman counters Ronan!!!! He can't hit her when invisible and she shuts down both his blue and black!
  • DAZ0273
    Ha, ha that was actually one of the more entertaining of these things for ages. Kill IW first! Not sure what is says for Ronan.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    His blue does replicate very quickly; I think he could potentially be fun on offense because of it. It's too bad that power shares a color with Heimdall's fortification, but maybe in pick 3 with either goblin, shuri, or torch he could be about as fun as Heimdall/Magik/Shuri.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought all the repeaters removed after the blow, but it doesnt works so.
    He can fire blue multiple times, plus it can cause nuke cascades to the next enemy if downed.  I would forget about fortify, he will have enough repeaters.
    His blue makes him funny to play. Still he needs to tank for to use all his skills.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It's less about fortification than it is about cost reduction if we're talking about Shuri and Heimdall. But as with P4nther/Shuri, if you match a strip of fortified repeaters, you'll hit them all twice and get AP for it twice, and be able to fire it off for only 3 Blue instead of 6.
  • trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    After repeated plays of first node of Introducing Ronan, I don't understand the damage calculation when matching a blue repeater?

On one occasion I had 10 repeaters down and the damage was exactly 6 * 549 (after protects, etc.)
    Another time I had 14 repeaters (1 in a force bubble) and the damage was exactly 8 * 549.

I'm starting to wonder if it only counts those repeaters that have counted down to the same extent as the one that you destroy (ie. only 1s or 2s)?  I can't believe this is intended.  Will have to test further.

Also if you match 2 or more repeaters at the same time, you don't seem to get multiple amounts of damage.  Anyone else have a better definition of how it works?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you kill the person his black CD is targeting before it expires, it stays on the field. And when it expires, the damage goes to no one. 👎🏿
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    hm, didn't catch that. 2 turns feels like too long, even if the growth is exponential. He'll probably end up playing a bit like P4nther, which is to say he'll hit really hard eventually, but won't be someone you'll really bring along as a lead character to build around.
    The growth won’t be exponential, the number of tiles simply double every 2 turns , it will be X x2, not X to the 2nd ( although the first repeat is identical)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    edited June 2021
    The growth won’t be exponential, the number of tiles simply double every 2 turns , it will be X x2, not X to the 2nd ( although the first repeat is identical)
    Yes it is exponential.

The equation is not 2x (i.e 2, 4, 6, 8, 10). The equation is 2^x (i.e 2, 4, 8, 16, 32).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    So it's not 2->4->16? The repeats don't self replicate?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    edited June 2021
    So it's not 2->4->16? The repeats don't self replicate?
    Each repeater tile self replicates. That’s precisely why it’s exponential.

Ronan starts off with 2 repeaters.
    Those repeaters then replicate. So now you have 4 repeaters.

Each of those 4 repeaters replicate. So now you have 8 repeaters. 

Each of those 8 repeaters replicate. So now you have 16 repeaters. Ad infinitum.

Your equation is incorrect. As I stated above, it is 2^x, whereas yours is x^2.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Something's wrong with his blue and I lucked into matching his repeater on the next turn. The math is definitely weird.

Each repeater has a damage value of 549.

I have 2 repeaters on the board and one of them is located on purple tile.

His purple tile damage value is 38.
    I made a purple match-3 with one of his repeater tile in it.

His CD was targetting someone at the back. The opponent doesn't have any protect tile on the board.

Purple match-3 = (38*3)*70%= 80 damage, whIch was shown correctly. This affects only match damage.

However the damage from his repeater was 854. 

549x2=1098

The only way I can reach 854 is by calculating it this way:

(549*70%)+(549)-80= 853.3

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,771 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    His blue plays significantly better than it seems.  He's still not going to break into the meta over any of the top guys, because his passive isn't good enough.

He will be lots of fun to use when he's boosted +100 levels though!

Edit: if you're looking for a combo, Green Goblin passively fortifies repeater tiles.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021

His CD was targetting someone at the back. The opponent doesn't have any protect tile on the board.

Purple match-3 = (38*3)*70%= 80 damage, whIch was shown correctly. This affects only match damage.

However the damage from his repeater was 854. 

549x2=1098

The only way I can reach 854 is by calculating it this way:

(549*70%)+(549)-80= 853.3

That should mean the penalty for not chasing the cd applies to his repeaters.
    Edit: I just checket it chasing the character on cd and it showed 854 too.