***** Ronan (The Accuser) *****

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    A key or guide to the various short forms would definitely be helpful haha. 

Guardian of the Galaxy, Grocket, Juggernaut is my best guess. The rest are Kitty Grocket, Kitty Beta Ray Bill, Polaris Kitty, Beta Ray Bill Medusa Polaris, Grocket Polaris Okoye, Half Thor Apocalypse, Onslaught Thanos Apocalypse, and of course Okoye Immortal Hulk. So looks like they’re all legit teams. 

Finally, Old Man Logan, Gambit, Bishop. Could have also thrown Worthy in there. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Thanks for the clarification. I must have mixed it up with Gloves Off.

Most of them are probably
    BRB, Medusa, Polaris, Onslaught, Thanos, 1/2 Thor, Apocalypse, GotG, Juggernaut.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    the only thing id make up would be killmonger and rogue stacking.
    you know, killrocol  ;)
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    MrEd95 said:
    ammenell said:
    with all those gritty, britty, polaritty, brmedpol, grpolye, brpolthan, guagrjug, hathorpoc, onslthanpoc and hulkoye synergies i didn't thought it was too much to let those two powers stack.

could always be sent the omgambshop route if an experiment fails... 
    Reading this gave me a headache. Some of those have to be made up, right? 

I assume the ‘jug’ in guagrjug is juggernaut, but I have no idea what’s going on in the rest of that

That's silly, I love arharhte nqyrah w5uh AND wg8sna.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    with all those gritty, britty, polaritty, brmedpol, grpolye, brpolthan, guagrjug, hathorpoc, onslthanpoc and hulkoye synergies i didn't thought it was too much to let those two powers stack.

could always be sent the omgambshop route if an experiment fails... 
    Catlike typing detected...
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Back to the topic.

Can anyone see any feasible combos with this guy? I'm thinking Goblin to fortify his Repeaters and Countdown, and...that's about it.

His Black, as people have mentioned, is Kitty fodder, and the randomness doesn't help. It could work if you can outpace Kitty's Repeater though.

His Red looks awful, on par with Sighclops. I'm just wondering if the "If all enemies were damaged by this power" condition applies if there is only one enemy left? If so, that would make his Red minuscully better. You could leave a tank like Colossus or Knull for last, then get guaranteed board destruction.

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is pretty hard to judge without actually seeing the numbers but the initial impression is that he seems pretty meh :(

Black. RNG kills this power completely. Getting it to proc on the wrong char could make your life pretty miserable. If level 5 reduce the damage reduction to 0 I could change my mind on this one.

Red. We need to see the numbers.

Blue. Could be fun, but the problem is that this power needs to rump up before you can actually start matching the tiles, if you match the tiles too soon you will get a much more minor effect. The other big problem is that you get nothing if it is the enemy that matches the tiles. I guess this power can be good against goon nodes?

All in all, the best about this char is that it has cheap powers. Big numbers can save him but for now I am not impressed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,554 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sort'a feels like the blue power should have been a passive, maybe?
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Polares said:
    It is pretty hard to judge without actually seeing the numbers but the initial impression is that he seems pretty meh :(

Black. RNG kills this power completely. Getting it to proc on the wrong char could make your life pretty miserable. If level 5 reduce the damage reduction to 0 I could change my mind on this one.

The way I read the power is that the two percentages diverge.  Meaning as the % damage to the random character goes up the % damage dealt to other characters goes down?  I personally think his level 5 ability should have been you get to target the opposing character as opposed to RNG, then he might be much better than he appears at this time.  

My guess is that it is going to be Ronan based on the color scheme and what the powers do and the clue.  The black power seems like a good shoe in for someone named the Accuser.  While Zemo would be cool, I really see that character probably using different colors like purple/blue more than black/red.  I am probably over thinking this though....
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    MPQ FB page just posted that it is Ronan the accuser.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated here as well. Next character is that traitor to Thanos, Ronan the Accuser!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    ok now ok now that the numbers are out I would say 5,5,3.  That blue power really needs to get a lot of repeaters out to be good even at level 5.  

I am surprised how much damage that black Passive will do once the CD resolves.  It will be completely hard counted by Kitty, but non Kitty teams will probably get hit by that CD.  These repeaters should have one at one turn and one at 2 then multiple out or just be a 2 turn repeater.

I am still not a fan of the match damage boost as I feel it will cause more problems than solutions.  I typically want to take characters out in a certain order and reducing match damage by 30% means I have to go in Ronan’s order.

interating character nice job.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luckily Grocket rarely damages anyone though I expect Polaris will need a lot of health pack during his PvP. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I don't know if that Black passive is better or worse now seeing the entire description. On one hand its worse because it only boosts matches made by Ronan. On the other hand it only decreases the match damage to the others on matches made by Ronan LOL. I had it figured to apply to the entire team. The countdown tile does a decent bit of damage but its still a 3-turn countdown.
    I'm wondering if those repeaters that trigger off when matched or destroyed are boosted by Okoye or Apocalypse?
    I like Ronan but the characters seems like the powers are too situational to be part of a regular rotation.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was very very tricky.
    On one side, Killer dance moves is what killed him on the film.
    On another side it never specified that passive was own ronan damage. Tricky!
    So he can be a match damager on his own but only if he attacks the right enemy and adding just the red color as AW and Colossus have black and the last has blue.
    Now the only good thing of him is that heavy CD and he needs to be with a tile spammer for that hypothetical kitty. 
    I think he wont be very popular. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Well if he is paired with Knull don't they basically quasi-protect each other from Kitty?  They will both create countdown tiles if one of their own CD isn't already there at the start of the turn so she only gets to destroy one each turn and they will each regenerate their own CD at the start of the turn.  I guess if the other player matches the one she didn't destroy you would still get hit by her passive. Now your countdown tiles will never go off until you take out Kitty most likely.....

I will say that his blue could get out of hand real fast with Dark Beast's blue passive, have you gaining extra AP per match real quick potentially (assuming that repeater tiles are special tiles, which I believe they count towards?).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow he's... not exciting. Kitty nukes him constantly, his red is a mess, and his blue seems like a 4* power.

At least he has high match damage? Another dud.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m curious about that Blue in practice; it could turn out to be better than it reads like Iceman’s green. But is it better than say BRB’s blue if you bring a battery? Probably not.