Looks interesting 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks interesting 

Clarification needed.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks boring. 

Please stop overworking the artists, or whatever the issue is. I miss the consistency of quality artwork. This one is just…terrible, sorry. 
    At least we had a few good characters with quality art in-between. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    Terrible feels a bit strong, but it does have a vagueness about it similar to some of the lesser new characters. I don't have any attachment to Ronan as a character, I was a lot more excited thinking it was going to be Zemo personally.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that numbers are out. It doesn't look as bad as what those MPQ Prophets say, except for that blue power. 

I will forget about his 100% match damage boost. Instead, I'll put him with Agent Coulson to speed up his CD and deal 22k to that enemy instead.

His blue power is fun for wave nodes with 3 to 4 rounds.

5/5/3 easily.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that numbers are out. It doesn't look as bad as what those MPQ Prophets say, except for that blue power. 

I will forget about his 100% match damage boost. Instead, I'll put him with Agent Coulson to speed up his CD and deal 22k to that enemy instead.

5/5/3 easily.
    Alternatively you could use C4rol and pop the CD whenever you want. Just need a yellow battery.
  • HoundofShadow
    I was thinking about 1/2 Thor and Goblin. Then, I remembered 4* Sam Wilson. Thanks for mentioning C4rol because I have totally forgotten about her. Hood can reduce countdown too. 

The list of characters who can reduce friendly countdown is: Green Goblin, C4rol, Agent Coulson, 4* Sam Wilson, Hood. Is there anyone else?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    those are the only ones I can think of
  • bonny79
    bonny79 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Oh I just fell in love....

not for the stats, but for the character....
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards

5/5/3 easily.
    Weren't you on page 1 of this thread soothsaying or was that a different HoundofShadow? 😋

He still does not excite me but I am looking forward to his PvP for the Kitty larks, almost as much fun as taking Car4l to 3* Hulk's one.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2021
    Even though he looks fun, he's still a skip for me, in terms of fully covering him, unless either one of the next two 5 can complement him. For now, one cover is enough for me.  >:)

In terms of abilities:

CD: fine if it deals damage. But it doesn't change the fact that, Kitty will gobble him down if he's not paired with special tile spammer.  Come to think of it, we can actually pair him with Colossus to reduce the damage taken from Kitty because her Circuit Breaker is considered tile damage, not power damage. We can throw in Wanda as a bonus so that she can also gain at least 2 charges every other turn . A 450 Kitty's CB deals 13286 damage. A 83% reduction thanks to Colossus means he's taking only 2259 damage. 

Red power is fine and it's easy to trigger against certain group of opponents like Polaris or iHulkoye. After reading the full text, it means he needs to tank to maximise the damage potential. 

Blue power looks fun only in wave nodes with at least 3 waves. If each match or destruction is treated as separate attacks, it could be fun. I'll be teaming him with 4* Thanos and Green Goblin to test his blue damage potential. Assuming we have 10 of his repeaters out and all are fortified, if we use Thanos to destroy all 10 fortified repeaters, will he be dealing a total of 
     (1144*10)*10= 114, 400 damage?

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    For everyone who is saying his blue is kitty bait...

Creates 2 random 2-turn Repeater tiles that create a copy of themselves on a random basic tile.

Repeater. Not countdown. Remember kitty repeater doesn't eat other kitty repeaters.

I will get covers of him, but won't be going crazy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    People are saying his black passive that creates a single countdown every turn is Kitty bait, not his blue.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Srheer0 said:
    Literally nobody said/is saying that. Go and read the posts in this thread again.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2021
    I remember Juggernaut getting reduced damage from Circuit Breaker.

Edit: I've tested. Colossus does reduce damage of Circuit Breaker for his allies 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember Juggernaut getting reduced damage from Circuit Breaker.

Edit: I've tested. Colossus does reduce damage of Circuit Breaker for his allies 
    That’s great to hear, and i gladly stand corrected. Does mean you’ll have to pair Ronan with Colossus though. Or just don’t use him against Kitty.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:

Creates 2 random 2-turn Repeater tiles that create a copy of themselves on a random basic tile.

Repeater. Not countdown. Remember kitty repeater doesn't eat other kitty repeaters.

I will get covers of him, but won't be going crazy.
    His black is Kitty bait not his blue.  A 3 turn CD that is passive.  Every other turn you will get hit by Kitty and that CD will do no damage unless you add a tile spammer.

his blue repeaters are only going to be good if you get a lot of them out which will take a while
  • HoundofShadow
    His PvP will be a Kitty bait. So, I was thinking from a defensive point of view. Hopefully, Colossus will slow them down enough to deter repeat attacks from players who was hoping to use Kitty to get free 5 figure damage.  

I figure out what to do once I test his repeater power potential.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Oh... I wanted Zemo.

:(
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this character is a jack of all trades and master of none.
    Yes, he has a heavy cd, but although it deals damage it is not enough to rely on that.
    He has some strange blue, it is needed to see if the originals always make its copy.
    But this character suffers from the same as YJ and okoye, even colossus: he needs to tank.
    And that makes him the less effective match damager, because he will increase his damage under cd condition, until that time his damage is as it appears in his stat.
    So colossus will negate him 2 colors.
    And his red AoE works in the same way.
    So on his pvp dont expect him to shine a lot.