***** Ronan (The Accuser) *****

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 290 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2021
    Great work on the people that drew and colored Ronan!  The detail is bellissimo!   :*
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty sold on his black and blue abilities, especially the blue one. He will be fun in shield sim and scl 10 pick 3. His blue reminds me of Mr Sinister's blue but I find MS's slightly blue better, even though he has a cap. And I love Mr Sinister's blue ability.

A 450 MS deals 3395 damage per trap tile, capped at 8. So, it's 27160. If you make a match-3 with two of his trap tiles created from his blue power, he will deal 27160 * 2 = 54320.

For Ronan, he doesn't have any cap and his repeater tile has a damage value of 1715.  You need to have 15 repeater tiles on the board to match MS's max trap damage and when you make a match-3 with at least two of his repeaters in it, it will still count as one activation, unlike MS's, which count as two activations. However, his repeaters can duplicate itself, so you don't have to fire his blue again.

If you can flood the board with 50 repeaters, I think his damage will pay off greatly. Until then, I'm waiting for the dev to fix his CD and repeaters bugs.  B)
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Ronan's blue work well with 4* Human torch's red. Since torch's red has no limit to the number of repeaters, if Ronan's blue repeater gets too many, it will deal huge AOE damage. Torch's passive also help fortifying the repeaters tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind a like Ronan; I'll really be curious to play him at full strength at some point in the future.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Playing the Ronan PvP his black is both annoying defensively and offensively. Defensively he likes to pick on Polaris and Grocket with his black and it is difficult to avoid. This is the first 5* PvP that I have been eating health packs non stop. Offensively, his black comes in handy sometimes and other times it doesn’t. I think some are underselling his defensive capabilities against every character except Kitty, who will happily eat his lunch. Morbius will be ok sometimes as well. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Playing the Ronan PvP his black is both annoying defensively and offensively. Defensively he likes to pick on Polaris and Grocket with his black and it is difficult to avoid. This is the first 5* PvP that I have been eating health packs non stop. Offensively, his black comes in handy sometimes and other times it doesn’t. I think some are underselling his defensive capabilities against every character except Kitty, who will happily eat his lunch.
    The loaner is probably more annoying at a 4* level.  With 5*s, he doesn’t tank much if at all, so the extra match damage doesn’t come into play, the CD tile doesn’t do too much damage.  Also, if he doesn’t get hit, his red is doing minimal damage, so if he tanks nothing, that’s somewhat useless too.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    gravel said:
    Playing the Ronan PvP his black is both annoying defensively and offensively. Defensively he likes to pick on Polaris and Grocket with his black and it is difficult to avoid. This is the first 5* PvP that I have been eating health packs non stop. Offensively, his black comes in handy sometimes and other times it doesn’t. I think some are underselling his defensive capabilities against every character except Kitty, who will happily eat his lunch.
    The loaner is probably more annoying at a 4* level.  With 5*s, he doesn’t tank much if at all, so the extra match damage doesn’t come into play, the CD tile doesn’t do too much damage.  Also, if he doesn’t get hit, his red is doing minimal damage, so if he tanks nothing, that’s somewhat useless too.
    I was thinking if the free damage every three turns was boosted by Okoye/Apocalypse and Wanda it might be a deterrent in 5* land. But yeah he could be just a 4* killer. BRB and Polaris beware I guess. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I was thinking if the free damage every three turns was boosted by Okoye/Apocalypse and Wanda it might be a deterrent in 5* land. But yeah he could be just a 4* killer. BRB and Polaris beware I guess. 
    Yeah, the free damage gets boosted, but if it targets my Ronan, who cares, it’s a loaner, if it targets my Okoye, she can heal.  If it was a real problem, Kitty is the solid counter for it.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    when you make a match-3 with at least two of his repeaters in it, it will still count as one activation, unlike MS's, which count as two activations
    No, based on my findings it would count as 2 activations, and 3 if there are three repeaters in a match it would be 3 activations
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure why it's not working like the other day but here is one with okoye, 470k damage with one casting of her red and one match 3
  • HoundofShadow
    You need to take Okoye out of the equation so that she won't complicate things.

Here's a video showing it activates only once.

Node tested: 4th node of Introducing... 
    Enemy Protect tile strength: 522
    Gamora's HP: 16322 / 20168
    Total damage Gamora took: 3846
    Ronan's UP: 549, with 8 on the board
    Ronan's CD: + 100% against Gamora
    Ronan's red match-3: 283*3= 849

After I made the red match-3 with two repeaters in it, it shows 1176, followed by 3846.

Red match-3: (849*2)-522=1176
    Since there are 8 UPs, it should deal

(549*8)-522=3870

If it really activates twice, it will show damage thrice, instead of twice. Gamora would have taken about 9000 damage instead of 3846 damage.

https://streamable.com/l94xv5

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    Man there's a lot of conflicting math lol
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    So both the Red and Black powers seem to have issues where either they are bugged or the wording needs to be changed as its not currently accurate.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    So what's the verdict? Is he better than previously thought? Or still a dud?
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    My veredict is that I'd rather like electro odin and Shang-chi. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like him a lot but he is a little slow to get moving.
  • HoundofShadow
    He's fun to play with, but slow with most teams. You can wait for the new 5* preview in 2-3 days' time to decide whether to skip him or not.
  • HoundofShadow
    We can see the preview of abilities without the numbers before Ronan leaves. I assume he's figuring out if he should champ Ronan or not. If the next 5* ability is more fun, he could leave Ronan at 10 covers and wait for his feeder in the future.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's fun to play with, but slow with most teams. You can wait for the new 5* preview in 2-3 days' time to decide whether to skip him or not.
    That's redundant. Shang Chi will replace Ronan on 20 Sep; it has nothing to do with [Destined to Rule]. And the preview for [Destined to Rule] will only be up after Ronan has left anyway.

As for the verdict, he's fun. He's one of the best 5* for 1v1 nodes, or if there is only one target like boss nodes. He's great with many fellow villains like Apocalypse, Onslaught, Electro, Goblin, and similarly to Killmonger he will get plenty of use, and hit like a few freight trains, when boosted.
    I agree. Ronan will be useful when boosted. His black hits hard and is almost unavoidable. Be prepared to see him changing the meta when he is boosted like killmonger