Polaris has ruined PVP???

pook0203
pook0203 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
I have gotten to where I don't even care to participate in PVP anymore mainly because of how cowardly people are. Polaris has ruined the events especially with those who have champions of Beta Ray Bill and Kitty Pryde it is frustrating enough to have pricks competing in lower tier groups who have every dang 5* champed and leeches you for points right in the closing hours of each event boils the blood in me no lie. Now you get to where you only have matchups against the same team it's too those 3 I mentioned or instead of them it's Polaris always and either Kitty or Bill with 4* rocket and groot it's gotten plum ridiculous man nothing else hardly at all people wanna use that team to weasel out of having to actually "FIGHT" AND "BATTLE" real PVP old school I know sure you got them why not use them but also why even bother having the rest of the characters on the game if you just gone use them to most certainly decimate the competition. I ain't on no cry baby **** or whining two birds to who wants to think so I'm just seeing how others feel about it and I honestly feel it's F'ing ruined the PVP events cause it's no diversity in matchups anymore just ChickenS*** if you ask me I got the same to fight with I don't got Beta Ray Bill champed but got enough of his powers to go toe to toe with the same matchups but it's garbage matches cause it's either going to be a long long match if protect tiles get to dominating the board or is going to be lopsided if strike tiles cover the board either way it's gotten plum stupid if you ask Me.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Are you in 5* land or 4* land?

There are a lot of counters to Polaris or R4G, such as Morbius, Sabretooth, Throg, America Chavez, Medusa etc.

What other teams havs you tried to counter those teams?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris's low health makes her especially vulnerable to match damage from the newly boosted 5*.  Even if you only have a have a cover or two for them, try them out against her and see if that helps.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    In 4* territory, she’s extremely annoying, in 5* territory, she mostly gets wrecked.
    her low health makes her horribly vulnerable, but yeah i can understand you, she’s bishop level op
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    It feels like we have to explain how PvP works on a monthly basis on the boards recently to players who are utterly confused. I guess the Devs rules of Fight Club were always they didn't wanna explain Fight Club.
  • SlicerDicer
    SlicerDicer Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    pvp in MPQ sucks compared to all the other games i have tried.  

1. there is no ladder. they have nominal tiers,
    2. there is no defensive group you can prep. in fact i don't even know who the game picks for me.

i join pvp for the freebie awards. sometime you get the 3x lvl2 opponents and get xtra rewards.  but all in all i just skip it.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

2. there is no defensive group you can prep. in fact i don't even know who the game picks for me.

The game picks for you the last team that you won a match in that pvp with.  There are some rules, it won't replace a team with a significantly weaker team.  For instance if you win a match with 2 5 stars and then win anther match with 2 4 stars it won't replace your 5 star team with the weaker 4 star team.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    I'm with ya! I hate cowardly weasel pricks too!

MPQ is hard.

(Bring a Loki trickery TU with you when things get plum ridiculous with the leeches)
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Ok, kitty/brb/polaris can be annoying but hulkoye still trumps them.  Where is your thread complaining about those two? You only need the two of them so they work in all pvp (except one featuring a hulk character). They are also the best team for pve.  If you missed out on one of them then your roster is basically trash.  I've always always always asked the devs to balance out characters. The game would be better if we could use everyone on our rosters but sadly there is no incentive to do so the way the game stands today.  Start shargeting brb or kitty, whichever one you're missing bc you need the meta characters.  Also, hoard until you know a character is meta then go after them.  You don't need all the useless 5's unless you really care about ranking high in each and every pve.  I'm sitting on over 500 latest legends pulls iust for that reason.  I'm content waiting for the next meta character and at times only hitting max progression in pve.  Thinking the time to drop the hoard is upon us with witch and knull.
  • Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    pook0203 said:
    I have gotten to where I don't even care to participate in PVP anymore mainly because of how cowardly people are

blah blah

I ain't on no cry baby **** or whining two birds
    Makes a throwaway account to insult people who beat him with a low HP 4 star that can be countered. Much courage.
    Insulting people that beat you legitimately is the height of being a cry baby. Stop pvping if it affects you so much.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    she is remarkably easy to beat due to her low health so you can get in and defeat her before she gets the board full - yeah an unlucky cascade can lose the match for you but that holds true for so many characters. The AI doesn't use her like a player would so you have the advantage - if the AI targeted special tiles to take advantage of her passive then that would be a different story completely. 
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    People with polaris have either put the money in or the time.
    Complaining because you don't have her reeks of entitlement to me. 
    There have been loads of opportunities to complete her since she came out, I had her champed within a month and didn't spend a penny doing it. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    It feels like we have to explain how PvP works on a monthly basis on the boards recently to players who are utterly confused. I guess the Devs rules of Fight Club were always they didn't wanna explain Fight Club.
    Shhhhh. Do not explain the rules of Fight Club. Don't even mention it or I'll have to flag you.  :D
  • Nero
    Nero Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I'm a 4* player and she's not a problem for me in PVP. All the teams with her have multiple counterers. It's why it's funny for me to fight against Pola teams, i have collected the characters so i have choices.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on where you are at with your roster.  I love facing Polaris teams in PvP because they are free wins.  You can reasonably kill her very quickly with many 5* just based on match damage.  You then have an instant 3 vs 2 advantage, which swings the fight greatly to your team, even if the other two are BRB and Kitty.  If you don't have good 5*, then yes this team would be rough to face and defeat as letting Polaris stay around for a few extra turns is death.