New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bad said:
    Another time we are talking about a game hurting users.
    You can say I dont like this update/ I have problems playing it. That is a perfect valid opinion/experience. 
    Saying this is a game hurting users is absolutely false in the very moment I can say in my personal experience and like others users said we dont have any problem playing it. 
    The sentence closer to the truth is this game has a lot of users who never miss a chance to hurt it.
    And dont forget to say thanks to the speed hackers. Possibly because of them we have this update that personally Im not a fan too.
    And possibly for that devs wont revert the old board. Just saying.
    Wow! So burning and headaches are not hurts for really wish i had to sort of painless headaches and burnings that don’t do anything physically to me.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UNSHMD said:
    Wow! So burning and headaches are not hurts for really wish i had to sort of painless headaches and burnings that don’t do anything physically to me.
    In that case, or I am a superhero or I paid a visit to an optician.
    Along my life I proved I dont have any super power, unless I gained recently some from an unknow mutation. 
    So it should be the second option. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This thread is about 10% posts from people who can't play and 90% posts from people who are *outraged* that some people can't play.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This thread is about 10% posts from people who can't play and 90% posts from people who are *outraged* that some people can't play.
    Which side do your posts fall onto?  :p  
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kolence said:
    Which side do your posts fall onto?  :p  
    Good call --

10% people who can't play
    88% people mad that other people can't play
    2% an idiot ranting into the void about irrelevant nonsense
  • Bad
    Options
    You cant expect that all people not having any problem appearing here just to say I dont have any problem. Like I did.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    They can continue to be angry but what's the point? It's highly unlikely the board will be back to what it was, but it will evolve from what it is. Go take some meditation class or something. Getting angry for a prolonged period of time over something which one have no control is detrimental to their health too.

Next, as for the purchases made during the 30% sales, they still can ask for refund if they want to. It's not like the purchases will be 100% nonrefundable.  If their concerns are legitimate, then they get their refunds.
  • Bad
    Options
    Bad said:
    Saying this is a game hurting users is absolutely false in the very moment I can say in my personal experience and like others users said we dont have any problem playing it. 

Yes I said that and it is true. If there are people saying there are not experiencing problems, then it is not hurting all the players. You are experiencing problems. Nice. Dont generalize.
    Because if I was suffering so much and then I realized there is people not having any problem, perhaps I would wonder if there is a possibility to be needing help.
    Chameleon said:

"this game has a lot of users who never miss a chance to hurt it"
    I'm not a regular user of this forum, therefore I can't speak to this directly with a great amount of confidence, but I am seeing a lot of users with 1 single post, in all of this forum, to their name in this thread.  I doubt they are out to hurt this game.  How does one hurt this game via a forum?

The money won't be flowing as much into this game unless this is fixed.  I've spoken to many who will not be renewing VIP or making any purchases unless it is.  That may be what it takes.  Funny how they just had a sale/bonus on HP right before rolling this out.  🤔
    Yes, historically there are.
    There are a lot of users with one single post providing feedback. Not all of them are saying they cannot play by headaches.
    But some users started saying this game is hurting users, inducing epilepsy, and many other things that others carry on.
    Anyway devs are going to fix it, like I told so many pages ago.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I haven’t been generalizing.  

You have.  
  • Bad
    Options
    I haven’t been generalizing.  

You have.  
    Go and read pages back.
    If there was or not repeated the phrase this game is hurting users. 
  • Cannibalqueen
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I’ve only ever said that this change has hurt me.
    and that I think a way more sensible reaction to this mess would’ve been to roll back and tinker with UI later.  

If this UI was indeed some kind of reaction to speed hack, I don’t see any reason why it needs to be tied to this specific iteration if UI. It shouldn’t be hard to separate.  And if it is, just let the speed hack keep going on just like it had been for months until you figure out a way to not make people like me have headaches from playing your game all day.

the two things aren’t really comparable.  One is a pressing issue that’s easily rolled  back immediately , the other is a more long term and pervasive issue that can wait until you devise a better UI, universal to the existing player base.  

I am willing to cut them a lot of slack.  I always have been.  I think this was really handled very poorly tho.

edit:but I’ve never tried to speak for you or discount that indeed, you have no problem with this change.  Everything I have said has been my own experience.  

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All the players getting very angry over the speed hack two weeks ago kept quiet all of a sudden after this update was rolled out. It's like the speed hack has never happened before. Virtually none of them (those who got affected by it) brought this closing of speed hack as a possibility why we are getting new problem (s). As a matter of fact, they ignored this possibility or pretended  that it didn't exist.

The speed hack is a pressing issue for some (like scl 10 players) because they are willing to discredit the dev by saying that they did nothing about it and made the "hack" publicly available for many players to be seen.

People just have to wait until 3rd April, and hopefully, earlier, to see if things improve. In any deal, there will always be losers and winners. So, I don't expect the upcoming fix to make every single player happy.
  • Cannibalqueen
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Why can’t it be that both things were mismanaged and equally worthy of criticism?

if you think about it, it might really be that the two mismanagements were entirely tied to each other.  How does that equal a blanket defense to not pick at it?

Edit: or maybe you think it’s not our place to ever criticize what the devs do with this game?
    I wonder what the purpose of a user forum is then?

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A massive part of the game base is clamoring for them to put their **** away and just let us play the normal game we’ve always played.  Everything else be damned, just do that.  The very basics.

"A massive part"? You have the numbers? You're making an assessment based on a vocal online userbase and extrapolating that to all of MPQ. That's a logical fallacy. (In turn -- this does not automatically mean you're wrong. It's just an unknown).

I, for one, like UI update overall. Even though there are clearly areas that need improvement/fixing.
  • Cannibalqueen
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I don’t think me saying one thing in some part of a semi rant equals a logical fallacy.

your mileage certainly may vary,  but  haha, gimme a break already.  That’s just silly.
    edit: and great that you like the update.  A lot of people don’t tho.  And I am just saying that I don’t. Entirely, I don’t like it.  You disagree.  That’s okay.