New UI Update: Gameboard

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    pheregas said:

But what I find super interesting is that now that I've taken a minute to stare at a screen that isn't flashing back at me and isn't playing as fast as humanly possible for points or to get hit in PVP, I noticed that charged tiles have a LIGHTNING BOLT INSIDE!

This change has been live for how long and I just now noticed that.  This should go a long way towards informing the programmers behind this that charged tiles are not distinct enough, even with "anime sweat lines" and an almost invisible lightning bolt inside.
    Charged tiles have always been displayed with a lightning bolt/electricity icon ever from the time they were first introduced. It's remarkable you haven't ever noticed that :mrgreen:

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    pheregas said:

But what I find super interesting is that now that I've taken a minute to stare at a screen that isn't flashing back at me and isn't playing as fast as humanly possible for points or to get hit in PVP, I noticed that charged tiles have a LIGHTNING BOLT INSIDE!

This change has been live for how long and I just now noticed that.  This should go a long way towards informing the programmers behind this that charged tiles are not distinct enough, even with "anime sweat lines" and an almost invisible lightning bolt inside.
    Charged tiles have always been displayed with a lightning bolt/electricity icon ever from the time they were first introduced. It's remarkable you haven't ever noticed that :mrgreen:

LOL.  Goes to show you how fast paced the play has to be to be competitive.  I only used to match colors, giving tiles a cursory glance as to their interiors.  Once you know which character belongs to a color, you need not look again!

Only time I even bother with charged tiles is if I'm playing against Bolt.  Any other matches are a happy accident.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

I had to play this outdoors at one point. What an absolute disaster. Can't see the enemy specials at all on some colors, no matter how hard I try. Game board is all but invisible during the enemy turn (where I previously did most of my planning).

Oh god yes. I played the new board out in the sun a few days ago, couldn't see anything. Stopped playing until I could come in and see the board.

• Red_Rooster23
    Red_Rooster23 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    On gameboard classic, the anime sweat lines used to break the frame of the gem, which super enhanced their legibility as "charged" or at least different. They no longer do that, and that is 100% of why your eye is skating across them without finding them. Rather than project their charged-ness out into the world, they now hide their anime sweat under a bushel basket.

Oh beautiful board how I miss you....
  • UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Where’s our promised board change before or by April 4th April 8th and nothing changed.
  • josborne31
    josborne31 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    From this thread they provided the following update:
    Update: 4/7/21: We want to provide an update to everyone and that is the team is still busy at work on these fixes we shared earlier. While it is still feasible to have them completed this week, it's looking like these fixes will be in place next week. We apologize for the delay but we need just a little bit more time to have everything ready to go. Thank you for your patience!

It wasn't surprising to me that the update was delayed. I have high expectations that whatever is rolled out is considerably better than the last. If things don't get better, or I continue to suffer headaches and eye strain, I will be deleting the app and moving to a new game.
  • kirkafordisrex
    kirkafordisrex Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    did they delete the old code? how hard is it to "Revert Changes" that seems like a pretty simple alternative while they work on a fix. Very disappointed with the team. I miss playing. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,911 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod note: Removed off-topic comment. Please keep this thread on topic. Thanks!
  • crakker
    crakker Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    did they delete the old code? how hard is it to "Revert Changes" that seems like a pretty simple alternative while they work on a fix. 
    Probably there are other updates (such as new characters, offers, fixes) all combined as a package. If they undo the whole thing you may lose progress.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2021
    Did the new UI get pushed through with this data push? Colours seem way more vibrant suddenly and the dimming seems not as bad. 

Edit: Also easier to see the yellow power bar. 
    I like it so far!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Update is in, and those are pink tiles. The colours look more vibrant.

Dimming is still there but it's slightly less obvious.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2021
    Liking the new board, except for that Mountain Dew Lime Green.   Please use the bottle green instead, it's more discernible and not close to the yellow.

Overall color changes:
    1.  Blue - Distinct
    2.  Black - Seems same as before this whole fiasco, which is good
    3.  Yellow - Distinct
    4.  Red - Bright and distinct

Colors that could use some tweaking:
    1.   Bubblegum Pink - Might be too close to red.   Perhaps adjust the color level of the pink.  Need some input from the colorblind people on this
    2.  Mountain Dew Lime Green - WAYYY too close to the yellow (even worse when the board is filled with yellow and lime green).   Needs improvement!!

I also like the speed change, it moves so fast now.   The speed will make pooping and playing more convenient!  Thank you devs for the speed change

And to those that don't admit it, I know you all poop and play too ;)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, this new color saturation is wild lol. I definitely would not identify the "purple" tiles as such anymore, those are for sure pink or fuscia now. the Blue ones stick out a lot to me. My initial impression was that the low-contrast board was hard to see, but this one is hard to look at if that makes sense. It's leaving after-images when I look away because of how bright the friendly specials and team ups are in contrast to the very dark background, like staring too long at an old school black chalkboard with white chalk on it. I wasn't having physical effects on the change before, but i feel like I am now with this one.

The dimming reduction (or maybe the mega bright tiles just shine through now) is effective as a fix.

Also it seems the Charged Tiles are pulsating with this iteration, which is new I think?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took me a minute to figure out there was a change, but it became obvious after I did lol. I hope this helps people who were having trouble with it before. I like it myself

• Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Love the new vibrant colours! Looks great. Purple has now officially become Pink lol
    For me it’s pretty easy to distinguish between Green and Yellow so hopefully this helped the people that were having issues.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    It took me a minute to figure out there was a change, but it became obvious after I did lol. I hope this helps people who were having trouble with it before. I like it myself

For those wondering if you got the update, check the yellow AP bar and you will instantly know. It’s nice to know when I can actually fire Apocalypse or Okoye yellow.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2021
    Fixed the dimming,  brightened the colors and gave us back pink tiles.  I'm a big fan.