New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not loving the pink, but I guess I’ll deal...

I wish they’d reduce the contrast for the character symbols. Those still stick out too much.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nothing subtle about that change--definitely an improvement overall. The pink is personally annoying but eh. 

Interestingly the boost color graphics have not been changed to match the game board. Looking at those colors and then the game board really makes the changes obvious between old and new. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had no problem with the first change but this update is awful.  These garish colors gave me a brutal headache after about 5 minutes of playing, and I can't tell the difference between red and purple now.  The charged tiles now pulsate in time with my headache, which is great fun.

Please revert this.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I had no problem with the first change but this update is awful.  These garish colors gave me a brutal headache after about 5 minutes of playing, and I can't tell the difference between red and purple now.  The charged tiles now pulsate in time with my headache, which is great fun.

Please revert this.
    I'm mostly in this boat now myself. I don't know if I'm fully on the revert train, but this was a notch or two past my "i can look at this for more than a match or two" threshold. I would love a contrast slider in the options so much if that were reasonable to implement.
  • doom_decrees_it
    doom_decrees_it Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dear D3,

Have any of your employees actually SEEN the color purple before?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have reading mode or colour scheme option on your phone. If so, try playing around with the setting to see if it makes thing better.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Purple looks too pink/red and too close to red and blue looks more purple now than purple.  The reduction of dimming on the computers turn is much better.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Much improved. Happy with it now.
  • UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    was so excited when i read the change was on. But then realized that there’s really no real chance so disappointed 
  • UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    revskip said:
    Fixed the dimming,  brightened the colors and gave us back pink tiles.  I'm a big fan.   
    Fixed dimming???? We didn’t get the same update 
  • Murzik
    Murzik Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How about to fix backgrounds on PC version? And Pink isn't Purple. Rest changes is OK in my opinion.
  • Edgeman
    Edgeman Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Enemy special tiles are still really difficult to see, especially on the black tiles. Please do something about it. Thanks.
  • crakker
    crakker Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    UNSHMD said:
    revskip said:
    Fixed the dimming,  brightened the colors and gave us back pink tiles.  I'm a big fan.   
    Fixed dimming???? We didn’t get the same update 
    The effect is lessened but still there.

For me red and green looks exactly the same  now but thankfully the shapes are quite different.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Please revert this.
    Exactly the same for me, I can barely tell the difference between red and pink. Jesus **** Christ I was fine with the original, fine with the new except for the low contrast and struggling to see the countdowns, this is the worst of the lot for me!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think is a good step. Now character's icon powers are pulsing and its impossible to miss a power, like it was before, and even yellow bar can be seen full.
    Dimming screen is less dimming, so thumbs up.
    There is a funny feeling because another time changes are made and the brain needs to get used. But right now I m feeling less eyestrain.

2. Get rid of dimming altogether. My buddy seriously gets nauseous because of motion sickness, looking at this. (To everyone who says "I'm fine with the dimming"- good for you. Not all of us can handle it, have some empathy for others)

So you have a funny point here. People must provide the feedback you want or they wont be empathic. Do you know that personal feedback is subjective? And people are free?
    And I fail to understand the damage other people are doing telling their impressions.
    Talk for yourself and let talk others for themselves, thanks.
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    My problem with the previous version was not the colors I thought quite decent - only special tile detection was bad - but the dimming of the board and lots of things flashing just for the fun of it. So after a very short time my old eyes hurt due to the endless big changes in brightness and no time for the eyes to adapt.
    That is not really better now. I still am not able to look too close at the board and I'm still restricted in the ability to play.
    I hoped so much that they would at least get rid of the dimming! That would have helped so much!
    After nearly five years of playing - and paying - I don't stop easy but will still hang on for a while hoping for a wonder to happen.