New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My problem with the previous version was not the colors I thought quite decent - only special tile detection was bad - but the dimming of the board and lots of things flashing just for the fun of it. So after a very short time my old eyes hurt due to the endless big changes in brightness and no time for the eyes to adapt.
    That is not really better now. I still am not able to look too close at the board and I'm still restricted in the ability to play.
    I hoped so much that they would at least get rid of the dimming! That would have helped so much!
    After nearly five years of playing - and paying - I don't stop easy but will still hang on for a while hoping for a wonder to happen.
    Same here i just finished mrg clear my head is pounding my eyes burning and i put my hand over my screen after a match most of the time. Don’t think i have they mention how much that slow me down not looking at the board for next move. 
  • UNSHMD
    UNSHMD Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    i seriously don’t understand the stubbornness in keeping on with this ui redesign thing. What do you care d3 about ui? Do you even play the game?
  • Murzik
    Murzik Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pls, fix backgrounds for PC version. You can see this light striped spot in the middle of background even on your screenshot! Almost no one didn't pay attention to this bug?

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As I said on the other post , the enemy turn shading needs to go 

thanks for acting on things as quickly as you could 

Unfortunately I think it came too late for 2-3 of my alliance as I have lost a couple of good players 

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use to play my 2 phone games at the lefmost side of the bright bar because I already checked too much bright it causes eyestrain for me.
    Right now this fix it feels better for me.
    Until a better fix could come you might try it.
  • dragonlover44
    dragonlover44 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    UNSHMD said:
    was so excited when i read the change was on. But then realized that there’s really no real chance so disappointed 

I can't tell the the difference either. still gonna give me migraines ASAP. what a joke, a month later, and I STILL CAN'T PLAY. is this what 'fixing it' looks like? i still can't look at the screen, and the flashing is still obnoxious because the background is so dark.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    UNSHMD said:
    revskip said:
    Fixed the dimming,  brightened the colors and gave us back pink tiles.  I'm a big fan.   
    Fixed dimming???? We didn’t get the same update 
    It's much more muted for me.  I do have some issues with distinguishing between red and pink when using the blue light filter at night but overall much, much better for me.  YMMV
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The dimming is a lot lighter, but still there and pointless.  Probably much worse for your eyes because your eyes are going to be adjusting automatically over and over and over.
  • dragonlover44
    dragonlover44 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Now that I've had a day to calm down, and gotten rid of a headache that MPQ caused, I can put down more thoughts than I did earlier.
    I was willing to wait weeks after a board change I saw no one ask for. I was willing to wait extra time after the devs said it would take longer, though I was disappointed. I was willing because I thought they saw the swift, massive, almost all negative feedback for it, and they would do something to actually fix the issues they caused.
    I've played for four and a half years, caught up to the release schedule, dropped some money, been genuinely excited that this year I had more in-game resources to use at anniversary in a few months time. And with the new board all my daily playing went out the window. I couldn't look at it for multiple short rounds without being halfway to a migraine. Just playing through all nodes in DDQ would have given me a full blown migraine.
    So, I thought maybe with the 'fixes' I could resume play again. I was wrong. I can barely tell a difference - and I was looking hard for any, which gave me bad headache (I stopped before I got a migraine but it was a close call). The biggest was that I think I went over to the opposite side of the purple/pink debate than I was on before. Some of my alliance mates couldn't tell that the fix went live until I mentioned it. How much change was there if they didn't notice?
    I get that they might have needed to recode things, to stop people from hacking their play, or simply because it's been years and technology changes rapidly. And to their credit, they acknowledged the change caused issues, sent out survey about it, and did apparently change things if the very short list is correct. It's just not enough in my opinion.
    I just can't understand how it took a month for this 'fix' to be finished and rolled out. I really hope there is more to come, or the game will force me to quit for my health, and I had no intention to stop playing.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 362 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What's this hullabaloo about speed hacking and such?  Wouldn't they accomplish the same by having the pause before the enemy's turn and NO DIMMING?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I gave the recent UI display changes a few days to play under various conditions before reporting back.  While I do find the AI shadowing during their turn a little annoying, it is loads better than it was before and, at least for me, tolerable.  

My almost instant migraines and looking away to play is now gone.  So that's awesome.

My most major criticism is that while the enrichment of colors now makes all colors distinct for me under daytime play settings, night mode on my iPhone still leaves pink/red difficult to differentiate.  This may be a holdover of my slight colorblindness, or it may be part of my dyslexia, but it is not immediately evident that the pink/red tiles are different.  I know that the triangles point in opposite directions, but given said dyslexia, I have to focus pretty intently to differentiate the two.

Mind you, this is only in night mode.  Day modes colors are distinct enough for me that the triangle point direction is a non-issue.

Summary:  Not as good as before any of the UI changes, but loads better than the pre-fix.  Just a little tweaking, IMHO.