That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    boosted carol + worthy + any fast strike tile producer (grocket, valk, daken, maybe even blade) is just devastating (as seen in the grocket + gamora 5* essential node from the 2099 pve event).  when you can get 25k or more in strike tiles out in round 2, the match won't last long.  even if the enemy has several hundred thousand health. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my Kitty is no good, 3/2/0, so I used Profe$$or X/Valkyrie/G4mora on that Kingpin node in sub 1. Exploit X's blue-as-strongest color, and chase Bounty Hunter around. Generally when I'd end up with enough purple for X, i'd target green to hit everyone and definitely get BH's bonus blue AP. I'd just keep G4mora stunning everyone, and she'd eventually deadliest woman them, or they'd just drop from attrition. It worked out pretty well because there was just the one tile mover on the enemy team.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TaT sub1: Kingpin +2 pistol goons

Have to thank my buddy, @MizzouAntler for this on.

C4rol boosted, St4rlord, ant-man. Insanely powerful trio with ant-man bequething strikes that get buffed right after his ants expire. St4rlord provides more yellow tile control with overwriting pistols and giving a nice reduction to powers. I certainly should not have been able to compete with such low health pools, but what a fun glass cannon team!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Which PvE is the most difficult/challenging in SCL 10 at this moment?

I played only the one with Venom and Carnage (Venom Bomb? Enemy of the State?) and I think it's challenging for deep 4* players.

Are the enemy healthpoint per character still 260,000 on average?

I'm thinking of going up in SCL 10 again.

If you want to see one person's experience as a 4* player playing in SCL 10, see my thread at https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81836/tracking-my-scl-10-progression-results#latest. Thus far, Deadpool vs MPQ was the toughest.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glockoma said:
    TaT sub1: Kingpin +2 pistol goons

Have to thank my buddy, @MizzouAntler for this on.

C4rol boosted, St4rlord, ant-man. Insanely powerful trio with ant-man bequething strikes that get buffed right after his ants expire. St4rlord provides more yellow tile control with overwriting pistols and giving a nice reduction to powers. I certainly should not have been able to compete with such low health pools, but what a fun glass cannon team!
    5* carnage instead of antman made things a lot easier though I lost out on stealing tiles.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node:  Anderson Bio-Technic
    Green Goblin/Dak3n/Assassin
    I, however, DID NOT USE KITTY THIS TIME.  The boost list got me thinking...  and I love it when it does that.  Here's what I used.
    C4ptain Marvel (boosted)/Hammercap/Valkyrie
    (I have Marvel's black at level 3)
    Good luck to you!
    I hope that good luck went to someone. Four clears with that team, and I only got them to match black a total of twice! They did manage all four clears, but without C4rol getting any clapbacks, it's a serious slog.

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 2 - 4* Juggernaut/1* Venom /Grenadier
    I first run Gritty with Iceman so I could stun Juggernaut, but I kept not being able to match them and his passive was eating me alive, so I was toying with the idea of bringing Quake instead of Iceman, then fired Kitty's yellow and slapped my forehead for not having BRB. 

Clears 3 and 4 were much easier. BRB Blue + Kitty Red + Juggernaut passive = ALL THE TILES
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BRB is the man here. Only denying black for venom because he hits hard. The other 2 are too slow to be a treath. And of course leaving jug for the end for his toughness . Trying to stun here is a bad choice.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The usual Hawkeye/Gamora/4* Cap did just find for me here.  Sailed through no problem.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    OJSP said:
    PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node:  Anderson Bio-Technic
    Green Goblin/Dak3n/Assassin
    I, however, DID NOT USE KITTY THIS TIME.  The boost list got me thinking...  and I love it when it does that.  Here's what I used.
    C4ptain Marvel (boosted)/Hammercap/Valkyrie
    (I have Marvel's black at level 3)
    Good luck to you!
    I hope that good luck went to someone. Four clears with that team, and I only got them to match black a total of twice! They did manage all four clears, but without C4rol getting any clapbacks, it's a serious slog.
    Maybe you still had her at 5/3/5? I think it's quite tricky to decide if Carol should be 5/3/5 or 5/5/3. But, in this case, I think you're better off with her at 5/5/3 to allow her to boost the strike tiles faster. Having her at 3/5/5 is an option like PiMacleod said, but it makes it harder to win the node if things go badly due to cascades and she's left on her own. I personally wouldn't want GG or any black active user in the opposing team to get any usable black anyway, so I usually have her at 5/5/3. I use 5/3/5 if I'm playing against another Carol.

Nah, it was just frustrating, so it made it feel like it took forever. So many times that would have been a 5-digit AoE, but they take something besides the black matches I've been leaving for them.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mbaren said:
    The usual Hawkeye/Gamora/4* Cap did just find for me here.  Sailed through no problem.
    Challenge Node: Scotland Yard

J4ggs/Ven1m/Grenadier

See @mbaren solution above.

For realz.  I tried Kitty Carn5ge Valk.
    I tried my win-finite Bishop Nightcrawler Quake (useful for anti-juggs normally).

Then i just said im tired of it, and "Gamora -- get 'em."

Good luck to you.  ...and i want a usable BRB.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    I first run Gritty with Iceman so I could stun Juggernaut, but I kept not being able to match them and his passive was eating me alive, so I was toying with the idea of bringing Quake instead of Iceman, then fired Kitty's yellow and slapped my forehead for not having BRB. 

Clears 3 and 4 were much easier. BRB Blue + Kitty Red + Juggernaut passive = ALL THE TILES
    OK, yeah, that was hilarious! Far more fun than using a Deathlok team. Thanks!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    CT1888 said:

Thorkoye + Quake (3/5/5) did the trick for me.  Switching her passive to 5 reduces Juggy's collateral to 1, which is much more reasonable than 3700.

Take Venom out first, and use Quake's blue on purple so Venom can't stun you.  Juggy's normal match damage is insane.  If Okoye gets stunned, Half Thor turns into Dead Thor very quickly.  Mine ended the four clears with about 600 health.  On the bright side, he'll still be very close to half-health when I attempt my final clears tonight! :)

Edit - My BRB is 3/1/0, so that's a no go...but I really like the idea of Kitty's red vs Collateral.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:

Thorkoye + Quake (3/5/5) did the trick for me.  Switching her passive to 5 reduces Juggy's collateral to 1, which is much more reasonable than 3700.

Take Venom out first, and use Quake's blue on purple so Venom can't stun you.  Juggy's normal match damage is insane.  If Okoye gets stunned, Half Thor turns into Dead Thor very quickly.  Mine ended the four clears with about 600 health.  On the bright side, he'll still be very close to half-health when I attempt my final clears tonight! :)

Edit - My BRB is 3/1/0, so that's a no go...but I really like the idea of Kitty's red vs Collateral.
    Jugg's high match damage is why I think it's better to just stunlock him for the whole match.
  • mbaren
    Options
    Today is 4* Kingpin/Hood/Don.

Not a huge challenge here, I just went through with 5* Thor/Gritty.  Brute force and the speed of a half-HP Thor made this fairly simple.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: The Meeting

K4ngpin/Hood/Don

I see what they want to do... But it never happens.

Supposed to get all kinds of Don tiles out, quicker than normal thanks to Hood's theft.  Then Wilson can fire his gambit off to do some major AoE stuff.  

Yeah, never happened.  This fight is pretty easy.  Most teams will probably work just fine... But because Marvel is still boosted (and because its fun to me), i used...

M4rvel (boosted)/Hammercap/Valkyrie

Same trick as a couple days back.  Exactly.  To the 'T'.  

I used a health pack per fight for Hammercap, and only needed 3 clears for full progression.  But i went for 4 anyways, due to how easy it was.

They lucky cascaded my Hammercap into the ground one turn 1!  Sigh.

So i used an EXTRA healthpack more than i shouldve but oh well.

Good luck to you!
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It’s agonizing slow, but my undercovered BRB, and champed kitty and 5 star carnage worked wonders. Board full of attack and shield tiles.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node:  I Have a Plan

C5rnage/Ven1m/Carrier

We've done this before...  here's what I did LAST time...
     "But against Carnage in "I Have A Plan", i had to use Gritty Bishop to stun Carnage for 4 turns, long enough to kill him and let my buffing continue in peace for a bit.  This worked for 2 clears before Bishop was too 'thin' to take more than 1 hit.  I used J4ggs/SW/DP to whales them, with a black support on J4ggs, so he tanked everything but purple, and made sure to cascade into purples when possible.  Targetted greens secondary to use Hex Bolt to grab purples."

(that was back on page 2 of this topic)

Now, I've grown a bit more in roster... but i still don't have some of those juicy 5* options everyone knows and loves (although, I'm ONE cover away from a champed 5* Thor, and it's coming up on day 2350!)

So, here's the deal.  Since playing in these challenge nodes, we've learned that stun lock works wonders when the chips are down.  Also, that definitely DO NOT let 5* Carnage get those double-turns against you... his match damage alone is horribly strong.

Yeah -- stunlock it is, for me.

H5wkeye/Hammercap/G4mora
    ....again.

I can't help but wonder how much more effective this is when you have a CHAMPED Hawkeye... or even just one with 5 in purple.  But eh, I can't complain -- I'm getting it done.

Good luck to you all!
  • mbaren
    Options
    I got through this one with Kitty/Valkyrie/BRB.  My BRB isn't championed, but with his 11 covers and being powered up, boy oh boy can he take a lot of damage.

The only downside to this approach is that the board gets very, very full of special tiles very quickly - it's quite a mess, and it gets to a point where you can't even get BRB's blue off because there aren't any open blue tiles left.  It's a slog, but it gets it done.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    50Thor, BRB and Karnak can deal with this trio. Ran Karnak 5/3/5 to benefit from the high match damage as its a longer match. 
    Firing Karnak's blue with red in the pocket to mop up any crit tiles left over can lead to serious damage cascades. 
    It's not pretty, and not guaranteed win by any stretch of the imagination, but it was fun (for me at least) 
    All champed, 4* Atlantic on Thor (should have had 4* Korg on BRB, d'oh)