That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doom/ Domino. Try it folks. Bring a blue/purple stunner of your choosing as a third. I may have had decent boards, but it is hard not to with Domino feed black to Doom. I’ve personally been using Dr Strange as my stunner.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Kitty/Rocket/Gamora arrived today.  The trolling is strong with this developer.

Bring BSSM or go home. 
    DD /BSSM /Doom deals with them relatively easily. When within a couple of turns you have stolen 50k worth of tiles, even 200k health piles fold quickly.

Gamora only stuns the target, even in the 5th go. 
    it was a good try. but i got smoked by r&g's green. imagine that right...
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Kitty/Rocket/Gamora arrived today.  The trolling is strong with this developer.

Bring BSSM or go home. 
    DD /BSSM /Doom deals with them relatively easily. When within a couple of turns you have stolen 50k worth of tiles, even 200k health piles fold quickly.

Gamora only stuns the target, even in the 5th go. 
    3 star DD or 5 star DD? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    i think it's time to get a weekly 5* boosted list. only having the one makes this excessively difficult. especially when they intentionally stack the team. since when does kitty hang with gotg??
    There was a whole arc where she took on the mantle of Star-Lord and legit joined the GOTG for while. Though she doesn’t have the tag in the game, her teaming with the Guardians is by no means a stretch. 

3 star DD or 5 star DD? 
    5*. His purple can flip enemy specials into friendly strikes. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    i think it's time to get a weekly 5* boosted list. only having the one makes this excessively difficult. especially when they intentionally stack the team. since when does kitty hang with gotg??
    There was a whole arc where she took on the mantle of Star-Lord and legit joined the GOTG for while. Though she doesn’t have the tag in the game, her teaming with the Guardians is by no means a stretch. 

3 star DD or 5 star DD? 
    5*. His purple can flip enemy specials into friendly strikes. 
    Indeed, and it is glorious when you steal those tiles that Kitty has been boosting. 
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jredd said:
    She was engaged to Peter Quill during the Black Vortex event.  
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    GED/50%Thor/Vulture with black AP+ got me through 3 rounds but I can’t get a 4th, those strikes just get way too beefy. My usual Worthy/Hawk team will not work for this, I think I’m done. GG devs, you win finally. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i learned something!
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jredd said:
    i learned something!
    @jredd Sharing is caring. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At second try:
    The strikes value base are 2300. Kitty buffs for 1000. Strikes Gamora deadliest woman 1500. Soo... better choosing the blue pill and return to matrix.
    The other path just leads to pain.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Two clears with Kitty, De4dpool and Valkyrie.  As long as you can keep them away from blue it’s possible.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,726 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Challenge Node: Ticket to Knowhere

Kitty/R4cket/G4mora

...getting a little tired of these meta/trolling teams.

No BSSM (got him hearted for shards though).

Gamora can stun with only 6 blue... And sure, its only 1 turn.  But any amount of stun sucks when the damage is per turn is this high.

And Gritty is obvious.  Ugh.

So... Im VERY happy that by doing 4 clears (2 for waves, 1 for loaners) of every node up to this point, made it so i only needed ONE clear of this challenge node (that is, to get full progression)!

Before i move on to what i used, i DID try (and fail) with Prof5/Domino/Sabretooth.  Figured Sabretooth could help with those strikes... Domino would make the tiles that fall more often match 4s or better... And prof could be my tank.

Totally didnt work.  I mean, i got through 2 of them before it all just couldnt hold up.  So i moved on to ol' reliable.

Hawk5ye/Hammercap/G4mora

Can we make a name for this style of stunlock & instakill team?  :)

Stun and kill?  Too generic.
    Strongest Stunlock in the Galaxy?
    Too long.
    Gamora's Deathknell?  

...eh... I dont wanna keep typing for too long.  ;)

One clear, i was done.  Didnt look back.

Good luck to you!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Hawk5ye/Hammercap/G4mora

Too long.
    Gamora's Deathknell?  

Deathlok? ;)

• CT1888
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node: Ticket to Knowhere

Kitty/R4cket/G4mora

...getting a little tired of these meta/trolling teams.

No BSSM (got him hearted for shards though).

Gamora can stun with only 6 blue... And sure, its only 1 turn.  But any amount of stun sucks when the damage is per turn is this high.

And Gritty is obvious.  Ugh.

So... Im VERY happy that by doing 4 clears (2 for waves, 1 for loaners) of every node up to this point, made it so i only needed ONE clear of this challenge node (that is, to get full progression)!

Before i move on to what i used, i DID try (and fail) with Prof5/Domino/Sabretooth.  Figured Sabretooth could help with those strikes... Domino would make the tiles that fall more often match 4s or better... And prof could be my tank.

Totally didnt work.  I mean, i got through 2 of them before it all just couldnt hold up.  So i moved on to ol' reliable.

Hawk5ye/Hammercap/G4mora

Too long.
    Gamora's Deathknell?  

One clear, i was done.  Didnt look back.

Good luck to you!
    Longest Insta Kill Ever 

I'll get my coat. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,726 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Challenge Node:  Sight Seeing

Hela/Captain M5rvel/GEDoom

So, this didn't look SO scary to me at first.  I was gonna use my 12-cover Carnage, and Kitty, and Valk... but then I realized...

Bounty Hunter would feed my green, and Hela would punish that severly!  Yuck.

So already, I was not liking Hela, and I didn't even play it yet.  Marvel seems to be smallest threat, since her moves are on timers/repeaters, and are therefore, stoppable.  Doom's black is scary as always, plus he can get rid of your SAP tiles upon death, so there's a conundrum of whether to take him out early or last.

After a moment, I realized I need a stunner.  Then I remembered a suggestion from previous posts that could bear fruit...

Kitty/Valk/Fury

And it worked for TWO clears!

Why only two?  Because on the third one, they start doing SO much match damage that it becomes a bit much to bear while waiting to use Fury's yellow.  Which is necessary to do, since it stuns AND puts out protects AND does team damage AND puts out crits, all boosted by those Valk/Kitty strikes that have been growing on the board.

Not to mention, there's no green AP outlet, so if you accidentally grab 10+ green, Hela will make sure you know you've done something wrong.

So for the last two, I did the ol' reliable.

Deathlok?
    L.I.K.E.?
    Longest Stunner in the Galaxy?

Hawk5ye/Hammercap/G4mora

You know the drill.

I have to reiterate, keeping Hela stunned until you down here is necessary.  Doom is annoying too, with his AP theft, but you'll probably gain 10 green AP before you realize it, so if you let Hela even breathe for one turn, she'll let you know.

But there you go.  Two Kitty/Valk/Fury clears and two Gamora & Friends clears.

Side note:  For K-Silly, I used Elektra/Sabretooth/J4ggs for all 4 clears.  K-Silly's strikes are WAY to strong for my normal K-Silly team.  WIth a black-damage support on, J4ggs did most matches himself, and took little damage, allowing the others to work how they should, behind him.

Good luck to you!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    At least one challenge where you play for beat it. Not one when you play for try to beat it.
    I did first 2 clears with BRB black cat and of course my nicely buffed champed carnage. 
    Going first for Marvel or hela depending of their AP income 
    The others 2 clears with iceman 5 black cat and carnage.
    Stunning doom when I have to mach the black stealing traps, or when he has 9 AP. That move usually causes hela wasting the fallen favor.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah I'm just done with Lvl 10. It's not fun. The rewards are nowhere near the effort. I've been playing since damn near the start and don't have teams that can hold up. I imagine some people enjoy this, but I cannot fathom how their brains are wired to make that so.
  • CT1888
    Options
    Yeah I'm just done with Lvl 10. It's not fun. The rewards are nowhere near the effort. I've been playing since damn near the start and don't have teams that can hold up. I imagine some people enjoy this, but I cannot fathom how their brains are wired to make that so.
    For me, probably because the other levels have become put out one or two teams then mindlessly grind away in the background, whereas there are at least some nodes that I need to think and vary my tactics this way.
    I do have most of the 5*s champed though. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn I found this one hard, managed one clear with brb and kitty. Don’t have the time in my life for three more.