Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bet lvl 650 Banner would be a shock
  • Ivanstone
    Ivanstone Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    WorthyHawkPeggy was mean. Almost killed my Kitty/Valk/Fury team the first time, definitely kills them the second time.

Switched to MilesPeterMiguel. Peggy's almost a non-factor here since I'm overflowing with AP but Miles stuns her anyways, Miguel bites Cap and then Miles swings in and pounds him for almost his entire health bar.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doom (boosted)/ BRB/ 5Thor allowed me to beat 4 clears of the challenge node without too much problem.  Only time I surrendered was when I accidentally hit Worthy with a Doom black and forgot about his passive......My strategy was go for Worthy first, then Hawkeye and finally Peggy.  I actually found Peggy the least threatening as Worthy holds back Dooms nuke (55,000 damage when boosted!) so he goes first.  Then Hawkeye is the most deadly because if he gets his countdown train rolling you are in trouble.  Finally while Peggy is annoying, her passive and her blue stun/damage is able to be dealt with between Doom tanking/healing and 5Thor still gathering enough AP to lessen the impact of her passive.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node: Savage Beasts

Carn5ge/Ven1m/Mutation

I have NO clue why Venom is there.  Maybe as a black AP user?  Because his purple doesn't even stun!  He's the least of your worries.
    Does Venom stun on later clears?

I've seen other nodes use undercovered enemies for the first clear, increasing the covers when the levels are increased.
    Not that i remember frame for frame, but i never got stunned from him.  I know he used it the 3rd game.  The 4th... Probably did too... But never got stunned.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
      This is my first foray in SCL 10 and perhaps my last, lol, but I just champed Doom so I decided to give it a go.  Doom (450), Okoye (456) and 1/2 Thor (443) were not working well because Doom was tanking too many colors and team-up tiles to take advantage of Okoye's passive.  So I went to my tried and true Shield Sim team.  Okoye, 1/2 Thor and Peggy (3/5/5; level 312) against Peggy, Captain Countdown and Hawke5e.  I concentrated on enemy Peggy first; tried to collect enough blue to stun Worthy and Hawkeye and one shot Peggy to give my CDs a good chance to not get matched away.  Because Peggy remains untouched the whole fight and she's making even Hawkeye's cheap powers rarely fire,  the only thing you generally have to worry about is cascades that wipe out Okoye.  It's not a fast team at all but at least for 4 clears it wasn't too difficult.  But on second thought it might have been smarter to concentrate on Hawkeye because he has lower health? and once you stun Peggy your powers become cheaper.  

Side note: if you have the Royal Talon Support, if you have enough team up tiles and firing a power causes team damage, it will most like trigger Worthy's countdown shenanigan's. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 960 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    PiMacleod said:

Carn5ge/Ven1m/Mutation

I have NO clue why Venom is there.  Maybe as a black AP user?  Because his purple doesn't even stun!  He's the least of your worries.

I've seen other nodes use undercovered enemies for the first clear, increasing the covers when the levels are increased.
    Not that i remember frame for frame, but i never got stunned from him.  I know he used it the 3rd game.  The 4th... Probably did too... But never got stunned.
    Just played through myself, on the fourth clear he had 4 covers, so he would stun if there was 1 web on the board.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    PiMacleod said:

Carn5ge/Ven1m/Mutation

Just played through myself, on the fourth clear he had 4 covers, so he would stun if there was 1 web on the board.

If there are enough Webs on the board, he'll stun even with just one Cover. I tried the first time with Thorkoye/2099, and that did not go well.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    That explains my lack of stunning... I never let the webs last, because i know Devour gets stronger with more webs.  So i never let them stay out.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today star students: kitty/ P X/ logan
    What could gone wrong? The answer is all. They support each other plus PX can erase one ally if he manages to mach a line. I foresee a rain of health packs. No! A river!! Lol lol
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well it wasnt that bad. I did 3 clears and the team had no tiles user of course. I chose PX, Iceman5 and Miles 3/5/5 , not for crushing with purple but supporting team with AP webs and his sting.
    Stunning kitty for killing her first altought the others 2 stunned if posible too. 
    With iceman green spammed and PX supporting purple when needed I could make it.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Rogue, Gambit, x-23

Brb, Bearded Cap and Bishop did well, especially when Cap bring back Bishop for a second round

stunning Rogue and then just spamming BRB blue, denying green until rogue is dead is crucial
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: Visions of Danger

Prof5/OML/Kitty

Do i need to describe what they do?  A lot of bad.  Thats what.

Obviously, match 4+s will kill any 4* dude you bring.

6 red, 8 yellow, or 8 purple, will get OMLs strikes out, then kitty boosts to oblivion.

And here's my confession...
    I did NOT even try hard to look for a solution today.
    Once again, i dont have a usable Okoye or Thor.
    Kitty is my best 5*
    But that would be rough today.  With Prof's shenanigans, Kitty's passive purple... Ugh...
    I JUST DIDNT WANT TO DEAL WITH IT!

SOOOOO...
    I did what always works for 4 clears.

Hawk5ye (still not champed)/Hammercap/G4mora

And you know the deal.  The only thing that sucked is sometimes, on the first move, the tiles would come down and leave prof match4.  Thats a dead hammercap!  Sigh.

So i would retreat, spend a healthpack, and try again.

Spent a total of 6 healthpacks today, but Gamora killed them all.

Good luck to you!  ...i need more 5* options.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:

Good luck to you!  ...i need more 5* options.
    Even with 7 5* champs, and another 8 in the 10-12 cover usable range, there are a fair number of these that come down to a Stunlock team for me. The fact that it's regularly a better option to use my 5-cover Hawkeye and a pair of 4* than any of my champed or mostly covered 5* feels wrong to me.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:

Current whale count: 619k.
    I feel like there should be a thread or website dedicated to your DP points, counting down like the timer on a bomb.... 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Challenge Node always eats my health packs so my PVP playtime is currently at like zero, cause I have no health or living teammembers left.

If only that node was a daily DDQ with one iteration. Sorry, I can‘t help myself. I am sure the devteam reads it and will act on it if I just repeat it ad nauseam.
  • PiMacleod
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I love the 3* Daredevil suggestion.  Very cool , alongside Vulture.  And a good way for the boosted 5* to tank while you whittle away.

For the record, i have 8 5* champs.  

Lets see... From memory...

Kitty (duh)
    OML
    Captain Marvel
    Prof X
    Iceman
    Thanos
    Green Goblin
    Hela

I have a few that are at 12 covers too... Like Loki, Cable, Rescue...

And i have tried Iceman multiple times in these nodes... But man, i have NO luck.  Sure, ill get some blue CDs out, but i need to match them!  They always end up unmatchable, or maybe just one or two are available.  So it becomes unreliable.

Mix with Green Goblin and i get to keep most of them!  Thats fun.  But i still gotta match them, and i've just used a spot on the team for supporting my stunner (and maybe black AP damage).  The 3rd person needs to really pack a punch or something.

So what i guess im getting at is that more often than not, Kitty + strike maker (usually Valk), or HE/Hammercap/Gamora, are the most guaranteed options.

And as it was mentioned before, its a shame that i have these champed 5*s and most of them sit there just waiting to be boosted.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,351 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Kitty/Rocket/Gamora arrived today.  The trolling is strong with this developer.

Bring BSSM or go home. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Kitty/Rocket/Gamora arrived today.  The trolling is strong with this developer.

Bring BSSM or go home. 
    DD /BSSM /Doom deals with them relatively easily. When within a couple of turns you have stolen 50k worth of tiles, even 200k health piles fold quickly.

Gamora only stuns the target, even in the 5th go.