Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was happy with two clears today. Maybe one more tonight
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scl10 is great. I could gain a lot of 5* and 4* covers. But the game belongs to 5*, and grinding pc and tokens and shards is the best way to champ new 5* characters.  And so experiencing it at his full potential.
    That is how I feel it.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hela/Captain M5rvel/GEDoom

I lol'd seeing this team as it was the first big 550 hoard-breaking trio that happened while I've been playing competitively.

I got 3 clears using Kitty Carnage Valk.

For the 4th this morning I used Carnage, Chavez, Karnak, boosting all-AP +2, and crit damage +125%.  Got the win, and Chavez and Karnak might have survived untouched if not for an unlucky match when Hela came back from airborne.  Carnage barely survived also, not sure how well this will do next time..
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hela/Danvers/Doom: I got the first two clears with Carnage/BRB/Iceman. Mostly brought Iceman along as a green AP sink so I didn't get chomped by Fenrir, but after the second clear, I found that his drain on my blue was hindering Bill too much. Swapped in Kitty to boost all the attac/protec tiles, and got the other two that way, with something like 30K worth of protecs by the end, making even Fallen Favour survivable. Only got caught with too much green once. Because Bill generates it one at a time from the protecs, I was usually able to dump it into Carnage's green as soon as I hit 9.
    Carnage is at 5/3/3 Lvl420, and Bill is 3/3/4 Lvl 405, which I think says a lot about how strong that combo is. Still probably not going to try for clears 5-7, tho.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was the first time my 4* Kaecilius busting gimmick teams were defeated (kraven, elektr4, main event) on the final node; i had to move to a 5* solution of GE Doom/Profe$$or X/Iceman for the board shake and damage reduction - he's not stunnable by Iceman, he's just there to soak damage and buff Professor's reduction.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 2: Rescue/War Machine/3* Ironman. 
    I took 50Thor, Okoye and Sabretooth and destroyed them (apart from that one time where they got a cascade, but let's not talk about it). 

Of the 4 clears, I think they fired a grand total of 3 powers - 3* Ironman ends up stopping the cheaper ones get fired quite a bit. 

Note: I have Royal Talon Fighter and Altantis at 3* & 4* respectively. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hela/Danvers/Doom: I got the first two clears with Carnage/BRB/Iceman. Mostly brought Iceman along as a green AP sink so I didn't get chomped by Fenrir, but after the second clear, I found that his drain on my blue was hindering Bill too much. Swapped in Kitty to boost all the attac/protec tiles, and got the other two that way, with something like 30K worth of protecs by the end, making even Fallen Favour survivable. Only got caught with too much green once. Because Bill generates it one at a time from the protecs, I was usually able to dump it into Carnage's green as soon as I hit 9.
    Carnage is at 5/3/3 Lvl420, and Bill is 3/3/4 Lvl 405, which I think says a lot about how strong that combo is. Still probably not going to try for clears 5-7, tho.
    Thanks, mate.  I used Carnage/BRB/Kitty to get by it a second time.  I have no real intention to do more as I only care about Progression for this.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Challenge Node:  Taking Sides

Rescue/War Machine/Iron M3n

This is the first time in a while that I didn't have an "uh-oh" reaction to the team.  Nice to not be intimidated right of the bat, you know?

We know what Iron Man is there for... and it's not his red or blue.

We know what Rescue is there for... staying power for the team.

We know that War Machine likes countdowns, and all 3 moves can damage decently.

But there's no real threat here, compared to the loads of other teams we've faced so far.

So I used what they gave me, and my stand-by...

Kitty/Valk/Carn5ge (boosted)

I must note that my Carnage is now champed, thanks to the shards from this SCL 10.  Yay for another champed 5*!

There's not much of a strategy here.  In fact, unlike most of my Kitty/Valk runs, I didn't follow Bounty Hunter around as often... only when the enemy's AP for that color started to creep up a bit.  It's not like I really needed the green -- I don't wanna destroy my own strikes!
    I also avoided matching enemy SAP tiles for the most part.  I wanted Carnage to get his free move in every turn possible, and Kitty kinda counteracts that passively.  But putting out her protect tiles, and buffing all the stuff out there is still worth it.

I mainly put down Iron Man first, just in case the cpu ever wanted to get that yellow off fast.  Never happened.
    Then I targeted Rescue, just because I don't wanna deal with her protects.  By that time, if War Machine ever got up enough AP to do his stuff with CDs, I had enough green to board shake and get rid of them.

Easy peasy for 4 clears.  Maybe used 5 health packs?  And that's just match damage coming in, mixed with a little blowback from Carnage's red.

Good luck to you!
  • Bad
    Options
    Iron giants was a walk in the park. 4 clears like a piece of cake. 
    But at 5 try they started doing nasty things.
    Like saving red for the killer ray. Or saving yellow for your shield.
    At first I thought it was coincidence but after biting the dust some times I confirmed it.
    And the walk in the park got filled with wolves.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this one is relatively straightforward, but eventually the sheer health pool size gets overwhelming. I used Carnage/Bill/Kitty again, since that team wants to chase red, yellow, and blue pretty hard anyhow. Just be sure to deny blue. War Machine removes protecs rather than destroying them, and with the number of APS tiles this team generates, Rescue's blue can turn upwards of half to board red in one go, which is pretty much game over.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okay, the last challenge node for this event is... weird.  Everyone is powered up, so that makes things much, much easier.  It's 5* Wolverine/5* Strange/Black Bolt.

But you know what's really weird?  Wolverine only has his black.  Strange only has his blue.  And BB only has his green.  I can't help but wonder if this was an oversight, but holy crackers does it make it easy.  I just plowed through it with Gritty/5* Thor.
  • Bad
    Options
    mbaren said:
    Okay, the last challenge node for this event is... weird.  

But you know what's really weird?  Wolverine only has his black.  Strange only has his blue.  And BB only has his green.  I can't help but wonder if this was an oversight, but holy crackers does it make it easy.  I just plowed through it with Gritty/5* Thor.
    If it wasnt an oversight, then devs ways of trolling finally become really refinated.
    Yes, I cast a power and I waited for several seconds faltine flames.
    It could be for the difficulty of programing this final event?
    No player can have troubles with this challenge. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mbaren said:
    Okay, the last challenge node for this event is... weird.  Everyone is powered up, so that makes things much, much easier.  It's 5* Wolverine/5* Strange/Black Bolt.

Huh, this challenge would be significantly harder with BB's black in pace, as he would be doing something like 20k passively per turn with enough charged tiles on the board.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node:  Balancing Act

Str5nge/OML/Black Bolt

....yeah, what they said above!

Only Strange's blue, only BB's green, and only OML's yellow?!

I gotta admit, I played the first match on pins and needles, waiting for BB's passive to nail me, because I had to get rid of Strange first.... by normal standards.

But as Smee once said to Hook, "No splash, Captain"

So yeah.... pick who you want!  Everyone's boosted!  Do them dirty!  ....where's that devil-smile emoji...?

I used Kitty/Valk/Lockjaw.

I figured at first that Kitty/Valk has been doing me proud, and Lockjaw could help with BB's random charged tiles, and not to mention my Chewie support on Kitty, plus boosted Strikes, would mean that any matched tile against me was gonna make them PAY!

...yeah, that was OVERKILL.  But I assume most teams are.  

Good luck -- although, I think I should wish the CPU luck on this... they are getting owned this time!  :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Which PvE is the most difficult/challenging in SCL 10 at this moment?

I played only the one with Venom and Carnage (Venom Bomb? Enemy of the State?) and I think it's challenging for deep 4* players.

Are the enemy healthpoint per character still 260,000 on average?

I'm thinking of going up in SCL 10 again.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Kingpin5 and some grunts

BRB and Kitty, I like Starlord4 against grunts because he lowers BRB costs when they spam their counters. Also his purple can get rid of some stray counters Kitty misses. 
    During the end game the board totally runs out of yellows though. 
  • Bad
    Options
    I thought this one was repeated. But not it isnt. Should be there few pve events left.
    Kingping5 and thugs is easy. I did first 3 clears with PX Carnage5 BRB. 
    Last 4 clear I chose PX Carnage and Nico for to accelerate the battle,  plus like I said before I can damage her with carnage and then use her stun. Wich eliminates 2 cds and stuns more yet, being so the happy joy guaranteed .
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After Thick as Thieves, the only PVEs we haven't seen under SCL 10 are Webbed Wonder and Simulator.  (And the 7-days.)

Today's CN is easy, I'm happy with that.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node:  Family Reunion

K5ngpin/Thug/Thug

Not hard at all.  Barely blinked before I went into it..  in fact, I know that the enemy was going to be mostly CDs, and some odd things here and there from Kingpin, but honestly, just target him first!  

So, I used the team I use in MOST PvE situations (replacing 4* Rocket for Valkyrie)

Kitty/Valk/J4ggs

Worked for all 4 clears.  No real problem.  I let Kitty match the first two sets each round, just so Valk can put out strikes.  After that, let Juggs work.

I will reiterate from past posts that I have a rank 4 Chewie on Kitty, rank 4 Vibranium Ore on Rocket, and a rank 3 Hydra Henchmen on Juggs.  So, I make random attack tiles with Kitty matches, a protect tile with match-4+s, and once a turn have a chance to protect a tile, also raising juggs black match damage up enough so that he matches on 3 colors (blue, green, black).

So, its easy to keep him in front, let those 4 starter strikes power up, then kitty can start laying down protects on the other yellows.  Choke out the yellow tiles this way, and there's less Pistols on the field for her purple to contend with.

Once Kingpin falls from repeated bashing by Juggs, the thugs don't even stand a chance.  The ONLY thing that slowed me down a bit was that they have a Stunning Blow support from Talos, so he stuns one of your peeps for 2 turns.  Annoying, to be sure.

Whatever.  Easy clears.  But as always...
    Good luck to you!