That CL10 challenge node is...

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Bullrushed this with Thorkoye/JJ for all four clears.  Take care of GG first, and then depending on the TUPs I have and other factors, go for either LT/Dak in whatever order makes sense.

May mix it up tomorrow but didn't feel like doing anything different for the first four.  I do not like the time it takes to play SCL10, even just for Progression (let alone Placement).
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    I agree scl10 has gotten to be a very time consuming effort.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Webbed Wonder Sub2:

Kingpin (5*) - Thug - Thug

Did four clears with jj, halfthor and doctor strange. The Thugs were more dangerous than Kingpin.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Webbed Wonder Sub2:

Kingpin (5*) - Thug - Thug

Did four clears with jj, halfthor and doctor strange. The Thugs were more dangerous than Kingpin.
    But then, that pretty much goes without saying.   :D
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    I did this with JJ/Kitty/Valkyrie.  Valkyrie's black powers powers up JJ's red, to the point where I could sometimes use it twice a turn.  Oh, the slaughter!
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Challenge Node:  Duck be a Lady

K5ngpin/Thug/Thug

Not that bad, today.  Only one tile mover, and sure, they make blue that Kingpin can use, but not if you don't let him!  Which is why I used... (for all 4 clears)

Kitty/Valk/Fury

...just for the stun factor of Fury's yellow, along with that team damage, and more.  Was pretty easy to keep him held down, maybe matching a few yellows here and there just to keep the fuel up.

I think a Thug got off a shot once... Kitty took it, but no biggy.

...btw, my Jessica Jones is my least covered 5* (with exception to the new Hulk and Havoc).  I have THREE covers for her.  This is why you don't see her in my line-up, despite her boosts this time.

Good luck to you!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using JJ/BRB/Thor. They have really good coverage, and work together better than I would have thought. Lots of special tiles, nukes on multiple colours, choice of AoE or random multi-target on green. Very fun, even with my under-covered Thor and JJ.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Webbed Wonder Sub3:

Doctor Octopus (5*) - Demolisher - Lieutenant

I used JJ - Kitty - Valkyrie (new and improved!). Chase Valkyries target, collect red, let JJ create strike tiles and finish with Valk red.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Challenge Node:  Swipe Left

Doc 5*/Demolisher/Lieutenant

Pretty much the same as yesterday.  One tile mover, two goons, so just holding Doc down will win the fight for the most part.... so I used the same solution easily

Kitty/Valk/Fury

Same exact strategy... except that if Doc got a match-4 off before you can throw out Fury's yellow, then he'll be immune to stun.  So, you either gotta work to destroy those tentacles, or just stun a goon instead, and keep it moving.

Either way, wasn't a problem, honestly.

Fun side note:  I honestly didn't need to do ANY of these clears to get full progression!  Already had full progression done by doing every other node until the timer showed up.

But because it was so easy, and I had time today (was in a skype meeting which was boring thankfully), I was able to do this 4 times because why not.

Good luck to you!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    We've previously had Sim, right? Does anyone have the challenge nodes? I was truly hoping that the OP was listing/tracking all events and their respective challenge nodes... but alas.
    I have a one-cover Havok and have to decide if I push 10 to get the progression shards or what.
  • LavaManLee
    I could be wrong, but I think this is the first SCL10 Simulator.  But, definitely might be mis-remembering.  If we have had it, I certainly did not play on SCL10.  :-)
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    jackstar0 said:
    We've previously had Sim, right? Does anyone have the challenge nodes? I was truly hoping that the OP was listing/tracking all events and their respective challenge nodes... but alas.
    I have a one-cover Havok and have to decide if I push 10 to get the progression shards or what.
    I would expect different nodes for Sim. I’m definitely not doing cl10 with a one cover Havok. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    This will be the first run of Simulator under SCL10. It is the last event that we haven’t seen yet, other than the 7-day events. 
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    jackstar0 said:
    This will be the first run of Simulator under SCL10. It is the last event that we haven’t seen yet, other than the 7-day events. 
    Start loading up on health pack.  This is gonna get ugly.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    I have a championed Havok and am considering doing CL9 instead of 10.  There are also some nasty 5* nodes in Sim and a one cover Havok is not going to be very useful.  If you go CL10 I wish you luck.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well...I hope you have your whales ready, everyone.

Medusa/Sinister/Carnage

I tried Karnak first go to see if I could reduce that damage. Got lucky to not match any tiles and get Medusa heath in half before Thor could finish her off and then dealt with the rest of the team.

Even with Karnak Okoye was taking 10k/turn.
  • LavaManLee
    I don't have a Havok yet (some bad luck in pulling but don't feel too sorry for me as my BRB is champed and at 462).  The 250 shards would give me my first Havok but there is no way I am playing SCL10.  I can't imagine both the time and the health packs needed to even get Progression.  No thanks.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Medusa Carnage sinister - I got one win with kit BRb Medusa (fight fire with Fire guess) denied purple ( not easy when she gets some by matching your tiles) I don’t think this team can win a second one. 
    First time I crashed and burned with Kraven instead of Medusa. Good luck
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Won first attempt with Gritty/BRB, 2nd and 3rd with with Hawkeye/Coulson/Gamora, 4th go they are just getting taken apart before I can set things up properly.

Edit. 
    Round 4 took Iceman, Daredevil and Scarlet Witch and a bunch of ap boosts. I got really lucky on the opening board and got a couple of match 5 involving some blue, stunned Medusa on turn 2, then matched her tile turn 3 and used DDs purple turn 4 to mop them up. I was able to keep them all mostly stunned from there in and tore them to shreds.

Didn't need SW to make purple for me in the end.... 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    That one was called simulation 11 but it could be called " because you asked for it", heath pack lovers.
    This hyper hard challenge is the real April Fool here.
    Better to deny all colors and be quick downing them.
    I didnt won a battle yet.