That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gritty/Rescue worked for a single clear for me. When health got low I flipped my tiles for heavy protect. Barely scraped by though.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Hawkey/Gamora/ Coulson and needed a health pack on Hawkeye each time.  Carnage’s attack tiles were brutal
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Went CL10 for the laughs and the prog Havok shards. Cleared the first 4 hits on the Challenge with 5trange+Worthy-Eye.

Will not be able to do another clear with that team though... as MY Worthy will be KO'd first turn at the highest level.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Um.  this is rough.  This is the FIRST challenge node that I haven't been able to clear... yet.

Imma still try some more, but I literally ran out of health packs... I tried a kitty/valk team, the gamora stun-kill squad... no dice.

But to be fair, the game was super hating on me during my gamora run!  I'd have it set up, and then a single purple would fall from my match.  ....okay.  Set it up again.  ....another purple.   ....again?  nope... another purple.  I'm pretty sure the game was just taunting me.

I haven't whale'd it yet, but I'm about to, just to get it done ONCE, then get my extra points I'm missing off of other nodes.

EDIT:  I got a win.  And NOT by whales.

C5rnage/Medusa/G4mora

That extra blue generation helped to keep some of them stunned, also got an insta-kill off one of them.

All those extra enemy specials kept my extra turns going with Carnage.  Not to mention all the passive healing from all the tiles.

BUT... I also got lucky.  Very few purples generated the whole match.

I tried again for clear 2, TWICE... both times, wiped easily.  Sinister's traps can just one shot my 4*s, and nevermind if they get enough purple (which is easy with Medusa) to Hair Meddle away all my stuff.  Just too many ways to fail.

I feel like this is the devs way of saying "You think Sinister sucks, do you?!  Lets put him on an unfair pedestal with characters that'll help generate blue to make him awesome!"  ...sigh.

I'm gonna get my other 3 clears worth of points on other nodes.  This isn't worth it.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally. First clear I did with px, BRB and gamora. Barely scaped that.
    After a lot of trying  I let it rest.
    Then recently I engaged again, I was the embodiment of crazy froustration.
    I I always had really clear that medusa was their mvp. She provides huge cures and large AP, who knows what is the worst. 
    Second and third clear I changed for PX, Carnage5  and gamora. 
    Special mention to the fourth try, in wich his carnage gained too early 10 red AP, and I managed to stun medusa and keeping stunned carnage for performing 2 deadliest woman.
    Now I lost the count of how many health packs used, but my player honor is saved and I feel kinda euphoric, like when leonidas made gerges bleed.
    (Yes you can say instead of making him bleed he could rather been aimed for his chest. HUSH!! That ruins the epic moment)
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It was reminiscent of the days when I attempted Crashs with under levelled characters. I enjoyed it. 
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    It was reminiscent of the days when I attempted Crashs with under levelled characters. I enjoyed it. 
    Or the very first gauntlet. 
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Apparently the devs don’t post here anymore. 
    If any do - I’m day 2239. If the goal of these nodes is to make people quit the game, well that’s been done already numerous times. 
    Quit this pve - yea I’m done on day 1.
    So I guess that’s sort of success - if that was your goal. 
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This Challenge node is crazy tough, but so is that Havok required one (mines 2/1/1). It sucks, but no biggie, hoping tomorrow's will be more playable
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This Challenge node is crazy tough, but so is that Havok required one (mines 2/1/1). It sucks, but no biggie, hoping tomorrow's will be more playable
    Mine is 1/1/1, and because I wanted sinister or BRB. Honestly I dont think a champed havok would be of great help on these nodes.
    Sure he is a nuker but he has slow powers and focused on BRB or kitty.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Clear 5 and 6 of Simulation 12 took some preparation and luck:

• Hawkeye lvl 452, equipped with lvl 150 Wong support. This is required to eliminate all enemy attack tiles in round 2.
    • Agent Coulson lvl 456, equipped with lvl 150 Carol's Communicator for the chance to create 2 strength 600 protect tiles
    • Worthy Cap lvl 290, equipped with lvl 200 Quinjet for 1890 extra health.
    If the stars align (no enemy Cascades, enemy matches its own attack tiles, protect tiles are created, all enemy tiles are removed from hawkeye spam in turn 2), Cap did survive the first enemy turn (with two digit health). Then stun everyone and cruise to an easy victory.

Given how many tries I needed to succeed two times I will not do a seventh clear.
  • wymtime
    edited April 2020
    Options

• Hawkeye lvl 452, equipped with lvl 150 Wong support. This is required to eliminate all enemy attack tiles in round 2.
    • Agent Coulson lvl 456, equipped with lvl 150 Carol's Communicator for the chance to create 2 strength 600 protect tiles
    If the stars align (no enemy Cascades, enemy matches its own attack tiles, protect tiles are created, all enemy tiles are removed from hawkeye spam in turn 2), Cap did survive the first enemy turn (with two digit health). Then stun everyone and cruise to an easy victory.

Given how many tries I needed to succeed two times I will not do a seventh clear.
    Thanks for the idea of Wong on Hawkeye that will help save a lot of health packs.  I still prefer Hawkey, Coulson, Gamora team over hammer cap since Gamora stuns 2 opponents not just one.  
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You do not need to equip Wong on Hawkeye, it says "When a friendly power is fired..." and not "When the supported character fires a power...". Other supports with that ability would be Chewie Rank 3, Mirror Image Rank 1, and Vanessa Fisk Rank 1 (all three max out at 19% and the latter two are only for Villains. Wong maxes out at 45%).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:

Thanks for the idea of Wong on Hawkeye that will help save a lot of health packs.  I still prefer Hawkey, Coulson, Gamora team over hammer cap since Gamora stuns 2 opponents not just one.  

they are also ap net-positive all on their own once they get going.  Worthy needs period input from enemy damage to keep you flush with ap. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:

You do not need to equip Wong on Hawkeye, it says "When a friendly power is fired..." and not "When the supported character fires a power..."
    I think Wong's first perk is quite important too for making extra blue APs at the beginning, so it might be better for Hawkeye to equip it as that perk requires the supported character to make the blue match.

I've been using Wong on Hawkeye too... even unchamped, my Hawk has been enjoying that extra blue AP, and the secondary power is so good too.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Went Thorkoye/2099 full ap boosts for clears 2-4. Chased black, blue, yellow, in that order. Passive damage so Sinister only triggered on Okoye heal. Had to use 2099 stun each match. Sacrificed Thor twice. 2099 black is a mega nuke and amazing finisher when boosted by Okoye. Wiped 3 times and won 3. I’ll take a .500 record on that node.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    658_2 said:
    Went Thorkoye/2099 full ap boosts for clears 2-4. Chased black, blue, yellow, in that order. Passive damage so Sinister only triggered on Okoye heal. Had to use 2099 stun each match. Sacrificed Thor twice. 2099 black is a mega nuke and amazing finisher when boosted by Okoye. Wiped 3 times and won 3. I’ll take a .500 record on that node.
    That team.worked for me vs Havok, Prof X, Iceman. 
    One wipe, couple of retreats, 3 victories. Sabretooth Okoye for the first win. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    658_2 said:

How do you run your 2099?  He is one of the characters I really wish I could run at 5/5/5.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3 blue. Need the yellow at 5 covers to get the yellow match boost, that’s a given, and for the black I strongly prefer the extra countdowns at level 5 to the extra turn of stun on blue.
  • wymtime
    Options
    For the Professor X, Iceman, Havok node biggest key was having quantum realm perk. With boosts I got enough purple AP to fire Coulson purple making a blue match and stunning Professor X so match 4’s wound not hit.  From there the Hawkey, Coulson, Gamora train took care of the rest.  I don’t care if it took forever I used very few health packs with this team.