Options

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sinister, carnage, Medusa

round one I beat it with BRB,kitty, okoye
    round two Hammer cap, hawkeye, and gamora
    round three and four nothing worked except for Okoye, half health thor, and XFDP and even they needed some luck
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Simulator Round 2
    Profx, iceman, Havok

used Vulture, 5trange, Okoye and +2 black boosts. Bring an Mbw for backup.

I don’t have Worthy or Hawkeye, so have been improvising. Stunlocks and boosted Okoye damage. Worked really well. 2 or 3 retreats and now wipes. Just takes some getting going.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used Kitty BRB 5Iceman, that got me to round 3
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An easy battle for to rest after the previous one. 
    Havok is there for "if I could burn you someday", iceman hurts with Icemen only, and PX is the death awaiting.
    First 3 I ran PX, carnage and gamora. 
    Fourth try they damaged too much and I chose BRB, carnage and nico.
    Nico is great improving all tiles, and with BRB and carnage sure they will be. She died with the Ice men halfway but it was too late for cpu. The road to the victory was shining.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Challenge Node: Simulator Round 2

Havok/Ic5man/Prof5

Lots of nuke potential, with a side threat of stun.  Plus high match damage all around.

But for some reason, i just wanted to try this first.... I won 2 clears with --

Prof5/Karnak/Chavez
    ...of course, i used a +1 all AP boost each time.

But i'll admit, each match had a lucky start... A couple cascades.  And by 3rd move, i was using any of the THREE moves at my disposal.  At certain points, it was almost winfinite, but its all luck really.  

3rd clear didnt win, but it was close.  On this one i used (and wasted) 5 crit damage boosts.  The damage was pretty ridiculous... Especially for Karnak himself criting like he was a 5* or better thanks to putting his black at 5.

So for 3 and 4 i used Gamora's stun-kill squad.  Thankfully it was possible on this one, unlike yesterday...

Good luck to you!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow. Have they run cl10 with Sim before? I remember being on these forums warning people to watch out for it - and then I didn't watch out for it.

Medusa/Sinister/Carnage
    PX/Iceman/Havok
    BRB/Carnage/Hela

....it's like D3 knows which 5*'s are the problems!

I won't be running CL10 on Sim ever again, this is just awful.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the first time they’ve run Sim under scl10. 

It would have to be Okoye or Kitty, probably, to get me to play in 10. 
  • Bad
    Options
    It was a so hard sim. Hey, look at that!
    BRB and carnage5 and hella! Lol lol
    Who will you stun first while getting ripped apart by double cpu turns?
    Let the complaining begin...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well, sim sub 3 is the first one i havn't been able to beat once. well played D3... 
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2020
    Options
    vs. BRB, Carnage, Hella - I got through 3 rounds with Kitty (lvl 457 5/5/3), BRB (lvl 451 5/3/5), and Medusa (lvl 353 5/4/4). It was not fast, but it got the job done quite nicely. Didn't try for a 4th, I don't think I'd have survived.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For BRB/Carbage/Hela, the first 4 were done with 5trange+WorthEye.

Worthy should survive two hits, so as long as you are cautious in how you start, you should be able to hit 30AP and patiently handle the rest of things. I take down Carbage 1st to avoid any errant extra moves that might happen, and then BRB and lastly Hela. Unless I miss something no one is un-stunned the rest of the match.

I do have supports that help. HE has a 3* Space Stone; 5trange has a 4* Wong, and Worthy gets 4* Sharon.

Extra stun time, extra countdowns... it all works out with a Worthy at 301.
  • Bad
    Options
    Until now I did 2 clears with Px, carnage5 and BRB 
    With a good start carnage5 foe can match 5 and make a ball, that damages him and gifts you a lot of AP, cause the bug is not fixed.
    And I think they wilĺ not, at this rate.
    After that its just luck for quick downing carnage, too.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: Simulator Round 3

C5rnage/BRB/Hela

Lets just cut to the chase.

When I see 5* Carnage in a CL 10 Challenge Node, my first thought is -- nope.  Don't like you having double moves.  So I need to stun ya.

Then I said, BRB, huh?  Yeah.  It's Gamora's Stun-Kill Squad time.  I did use a +2 Blue AP boost for each fight, just to guarantee my victory a bit more.  

You know the drill.  Got my 3 clears, which was enough for full progression, and I'm done.  

Good luck to you!
  • Bad
    Options
    So funny they fixed right now the bug. Nice for my carnage but bad for clearing this node. That was quick isnt it devs? Sometimes you really rock
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Just out of interest and I forgot to check the actual damage it would deal.. who can actually survive lvl 650 Prof X's Signal Boost? I had to retreat a few times, because even when I made a normal match-3, their team just made random match-4s from the cascades. 54k full health Hawkeye was downed on the first turn several times.
    Damage at 650 should be just over 4x the damage at 450.  So ~28-30k for a 650 prof X.  Plus the match damage and any cascades of course, which means each proc is likely 40k damage at a minimum.  When prof x is in the challenge node, any match4 is basically going to drop a character (or leave them so low that they can't tank the rest of the match).
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Worthy, Peggy, and Hawkeye somehow is the only way I finished even once. BRB, Kitty, and 5 Carnage were dead before I took anyone down.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: Times Square

Goblin/DocO5k/IronM5n

No goons, decent enough abilities, but really didnt have a lot of scare factor.

That said, my i only cleared it twice before i said eff-it and switched to Gamora's Stun-Kill Squad for my other two clears.  My first two clears were easy enough with...

Kitty/Valk/Fury

And with both teams i used, i always stunned Ock ASAP.  I dont want him getting that Reactor out, or a Tentacle, because both are things Kitty cant purple away, and just sit there being a nuisance.

Good luck to you!
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As an experiment, I did my fourth clear with

Mister Sinister 5/3/3 (boosted to 530), Vulture, Valkyrie.

As usual, chase Valkyries target which generates black. Send Vulture airborne who creates blue and flood the board with Sinister's traps. In the end it was a bit close but it worked. With a more powerful Sinister this would work much better, I think.
  • Bad
    Options
    They are the same at the last time, ock/iron/goblin.
    What I didnt remember is the insane matching damage they deal at the 5th try.
    Not sure if its the same tought
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did all four clears of Ock/Goblin/IronMan with the same team - Thorkoye and an Immortal Hulk with one green cover.  Hulk's passive damage is boosted by Okoye's passive, which leads to a massive AoE roughly every other turn, even with Thor destroying green tiles.  Took out Goblin first, as his Glider would have taken out anyone.  Doc got some tentacles out and a Cunning Scheme once (fortified by Goblin...any idea if the reactor tile does damage when it's matched and fortified?) but that was it.