That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just took out the LVL 650 4-star Venom, Moonstone and 2-star Bullseye with Boosted Silver Surfer (LVL 562 when boosted), Kitty Pryde (LVL 452) and...TWO STAR BLACK WIDOW! Her purple prevented Venom from firing off more than one of his abilities, and Surfer had plenty of blue to heal up after eating a 70K damage Symbiotic Fury. Kitty also prevented Bullseye's protect tiles from getting too out of control, as well as Moonstone's Control Shifted protect tiles. Sure, the match took 25 minutes...but it's a win in the Challenge Node with a 2-star on my team!

• Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

@sambrookjm said:
    I just took out the LVL 650 4-star Venom, Moonstone and 2-star Bullseye with Boosted Silver Surfer (LVL 562 when boosted), Kitty Pryde (LVL 452) and...TWO STAR BLACK WIDOW! Her purple prevented Venom from firing off more than one of his abilities, and Surfer had plenty of blue to heal up after eating a 70K damage Symbiotic Fury. Kitty also prevented Bullseye's protect tiles from getting too out of control, as well as Moonstone's Control Shifted protect tiles. Sure, the match took 25 minutes...but it's a win in the Challenge Node with a 2-star on my team!

25 minutes... Auch... I mean it would be an epic match... If you didn't have do play 7 games per node...

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Challenge Node: Florida (and Alaska as well)

I'm just making this quick... I've been pretty busy lately, but still got my progression in...

Kitty/Valk/Fury was my answer for 4 clears for both subs of this event so far.

Good luck to you!

• PiMacleod
    Options

Challenge Node: Savage Land

Bulls3ye/Dak3n/Hood

Once again, making this quick...

SAME EXACT TEAM for 4 clears, nice and easy. Only needed 2 clears for full progression, but like i said, it was easy.

Kitty/Valk/Fury

Sorry I don't have time to post more. But if you've been reading any of these posts, you all know how this team plays, and how low in level my guys are.

Good luck to you!

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options

@PiMacleod said:

Bulls3ye/Dak3n/Hood

SAME EXACT TEAM for 4 clears, nice and easy. Only needed 2 clears for full progression, but like i said, it was easy.

Kitty/Valk/Fury

Sorry I don't have time to post more. But if you've been reading any of these posts, you all know how this team plays, and how low in level my guys are.

Good luck to you!

Not working for me all three champed, but keep getting worked over. Three times lost on 4th round :'(

• Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options

Carbage again, stupid... wait... 4* Iceman is boosted this week! I'll take "Stun 'em all" for $100, Alex.

• PiMacleod
    Options

@Feliz said:

@PiMacleod said:

Bulls3ye/Dak3n/Hood

Kitty/Valk/Fury

Good luck to you!

Not working for me all three champed, but keep getting worked over. Three times lost on 4th round :'(

Hmm... you're following the Bounty Hunter around, right? Get that yellow, use Fury's yellow every chance you get...?

Personally, I aim for Bullseye, then Hood. I just don't want Bullseye getting purple or green to ruin my setups. Hood is second, because...well, obviously, his theft. I'm not worried about Daken. At worst, he makes tiles and uses them with his blue... but honestly, if he makes a couple tiles, its a chance for Kitty to work him over with purple.

I'm not sure what else to tell you, though. Had very little issues with it. ::checks roster:: Yep, 294 Fury, 286 Valk, 450 Kitty. Rank 3 Chewie on Kitty, rank 1 Carol's Communicator on Fury, and (for some reason) Rank 3 Taskmaster's Sword on Valk. Obviously, Chewie's my best one out of these, but Fury's extra protect tiles sometimes kick in and help.

• PiMacleod
    Options

Challenge Node: Deepest Space

Carn5ge/Horror/Devastator

...I'm pretty tired of seeing Carnage as well. He basically requires a stun constantly to fight. And yeah, BSSM is boosted, but mine is only 5/2/2, so he's not really a force to be reckoned with yet. I went for the standard team I keep falling back on for 4 clears...

Kitty/Valk/Fury

But I GOTTA say... man that sucked. Kitty almost got killed all 4 times. By the time you get enough yellow to do Fury's thing to Carnage, she's bleeding out everywhere! And then, you gotta make sure there's no extra Attack tiles, or Horror green CDs anywhere, so that Kitty ain't taking MORE damage while Carnage is stunned! Yuck.

Still won all 4, but on that 4th one, I boosted my yellow +4. Was no way I'd get to 10 yellow without it before she'd die.

Thinking back on it, it would've been probably easier/safer to use Gamora's stun-kill squad.

Good luck to you!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Altought having BRB well champed now, he is not efective against hyper carnage5 and dangerous space goons. Stun and speed is cruzial here.
    So I went with the same team of last time.
    PX, Ice5 carnage5.
    And I did 4 clears without many problems.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

I did most of my clears with 451 Carnage and BRB, and Medusa. Diverted to Vuture, 5trange, Okoye for the final run.

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@PiMacleod said:

...I'm pretty tired of seeing Carnage as well. He basically requires a stun constantly to fight. And yeah, BSSM is boosted, but mine is only 5/2/2, so he's not really a force to be reckoned with yet. I went for the standard team I keep falling back on for 4 clears...

Even champed he doesn't really add much to this node.

Thor, Okoye and Sabretooth squeaked through for me.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,033 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Managed one clear with thorkoye and XFDP

After that I was able to beat it 3 more times with BRB,kitty, and medusa. Matches took forever but it was pretty fool proof.

• PiMacleod
    Options

@Bad said:
    Altought having BRB well champed now, he is not efective against hyper carnage5 and dangerous space goons. Stun and speed is cruzial here.
    PX, Ice5 carnage5.

I'm so jealous that you can get that team to work. SOOOOOO many times my blue CDs end up in places I can't match, or the enemy matches them. I actually have all 3 of those champed too... so I'm super jealous since it's one of the few teams suggested on here that I could run.

• PiMacleod
    Options

Challenge Node: Twisted Reality

Goblin/Sniper/Grenadier

...I'm starting to think I might only post about those Challenge Nodes that prove to be some sort of issue. Because I'm heavily repeating myself here, and it basically just looks like padding to my post-count.

All 4 clears, again...

Kitty/Valk/Fury

Very little issue. Same strat as before.

...I think we've all agreed by now what makes these challenging really boils down to a few things...

1) Is 5* Carnage in there, for those extra moves?

2) Is there a meta character in there (i.e. Okoye, Kitty, Thor, BRB, Prof X, etc) with 2 other tile movers?

3) Is it that one node with Mr. Sinister? ....i mean, for realz... that one was horrible.

Anyways... it seems to be pretty manageable if it's one or less tile movers, and if there's a lack of meta people in there. You can nearly run who you want for these, but a stun option is always suggested because of match damage alone. Kitty is usually nice too, just to get rid of extra CDs and such, due to the length of the fight itself.

And then there's the fall back of the Gamora-Stun-Kill-Squad if things get too dicey.

Well... am I wrong? I mean, I don't wanna keep posting the same thing... but when it works so easily, with only 1 5* character needed, it seems like an accessible option.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@PiMacleod said:

@Bad said:
    PX, Ice5 carnage5.

I'm so jealous that you can get that team to work. SOOOOOO many times my blue CDs end up in places I can't match, or the enemy matches them. I actually have all 3 of those champed too... so I'm super jealous since it's one of the few teams suggested on here that I could run.

Well... PX purple can target blues... if not is imposible of course.

• PiMacleod
    Options

@Bad said:

@PiMacleod said:

@Bad said:
    PX, Ice5 carnage5.

Well... PX purple can target blues... if not is imposible of course.

hmm... haven't honestly used his purple for that. I normally run his purple as purple, looking for mad cascades. Okay, that's fair. I'll give that purple/blue option a try next go 'round.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node: Twisted Reality

Goblin/Sniper/Grenadier

...I'm starting to think I might only post about those Challenge Nodes that prove to be some sort of issue. Because I'm heavily repeating myself here, and it basically just looks like padding to my post-count.

Hey, those badges don't earn themselves.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

PiMacleod,

You are mostly right that challenge node advice is getting a little same-y, and I posted something about the basic strategy for difficult challenge nodes a few weeks ago. Basically stunlock is mandatory for the worst nodes and some sort of damage booster (okoye, kitty, etc) is almost essential when the total health pools climb up near 900k and the biggest single target nuke in the game currently does 32k.

As for Challenge node difficulty, it boils down to a few things, all of which ultimately relate to speed and certainty.

(1) match damage. 5s, especially newer ones, are WAY more dangerous than any other opponents at 650. Even **** new 5s like Carol can chew through a 450 champ in just one lucky cascade when they can do ~9k for a match 3.

(2) passive damage. This is why carnage and bb, jj, gritty, and IH (and even 4*s like Medusa, Carol, juggs or 2099) are or would be a real pain. At 650 they hit extremely hard and are hard for the ai to mess up.

(3) passive ap gen. BRB, Medusa, GED, even hood, are all very hard to deny. Same with nuke + feeder goons.

(4) strong synergies. Gritty, the royal family, BRB+carnage, etc just play perfectly together.

(5) stacking (the above factors). 3x New 5s is harder than 1 x 5 and 2x 4*s. And when you get all of the above stuff crashed together you find the hardest nodes in the game.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options

In part thanks to this thread, I can generally clear the challenge node. I actually find it harder and could use more adivce clearing the 5e since I have no champed 5's at all. I can't find suitable partners for my 1/2/1 Black Suit spidey to manage more than one clear today.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

@helix72 said:
    In part thanks to this thread, I can generally clear the challenge node. I actually find it harder and could use more adivce clearing the 5e since I have no champed 5's at all. I can't find suitable partners for my 1/2/1 Black Suit spidey to manage more than one clear today.

This is a good point. The 5e mode cam be harder than the challenge some times. For a 4* roster with pick 2, cl10 may be a stretch.

How does juggs hold up against 5e mode match damage? That passive DR should help a lot against gg + 2x goon nodes. Maybe jugg's/gamora; chase black and blue?

Invis is another viable strategy against over powered opponents. And 4* tier has many options there. From Howard to gut to wolfsbane (extra good because your will want to chase black against gg)

If they can survive long enough to get started, shuri + bp is a very powerful combo, slowing the enemy down and making tons of beefy specials. No stun though.