Tracking my SCL 10 Progression results

Options
helix72
helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
edited March 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
As a 4* player, I saw those juicy rewards in 10 and wondered...can I get the prizes? Even if I flame out and only get 24/33 of the prizes (I thought that was a reasonable floor), the most important things I miss over SCL9 are 18 CP (not counting the ones given by the nodes, which I admit isn't nothing) but I still get 250 additional 4* shards and 75 extra 5* shards. At full progression, I get 500 extra 4* shards and 4 extra CP (if you're interested, I did a full comparison of all prizes in another thread).

So I decided I would do every SCL10 the first time through, judge the difficulty of each, and then make future decisions on how I did (and the boost list). So far, not regretting it one bit, and thought this might be of use to others wondering the same:

Start Event Days Diff? Rewards
02/13/2020 Honor Among Thieves 3 Easy Full
02/16/2020 Venom Bomb 4 Normal Did not attempt
02/20/2020 Unstable Iso-8 4 Normal Full
02/24/2020 The Hunt 3 Normal Full
02/27/2020 Infinite Pursuit 3 Hard 32/33
03/01/2020 Hearts of Darkness 4 Easy Full
03/05/2020 Strange Sights 3 Normal Full
03/08/2020 Deadpool vs MPQ 4 Hard 30/33
03/12/2020 Cosmic Chaos 4 Hard 32/33
03/16/2020 Lost in Time 3 Normal Full

I goofed on Venom Bomb and accidentally joined SCL9, I suspect it would have been "Normal" and I would have been able to get full prizes. Still wish they'd add the ability to switch prior to event start.

The difficulty is only how difficult I thought it was to get full progression. Notice I said difficult not time consuming--Strange Sights took forever and a day to get through the Mindless Ones.

My go to teams:

The most used: Grittynaut: Kitty is 5/5/3 lvl 360, Grocket and Juggs are champed. I use supports on all 3. Juggernaut helps but Gritty is the undoubted MVP of these clears.
4* Cap Marvel + HammerCap + 4* Grocket (all champed)
5* Hawkeye + HammerCap + Gamora: Hawkeye is 2/2/2 lvl 285, so this usually only gets me a clear or 2 of really hard pick 3 nodes. I use supports on 2 of the toons
I just started messing around with:5/5/3 lvl 300 Okoye + 3/3/1 lvl 255 5* Thor + 5/5/3 Spider-Man 2099. It has cleared a few nodes for me but it seems heavily board dependent--one bad cascade at the start and the whole team is wrecked and then I need to resurrect Thor and then get him back down to below 50%. But it shows promise.

*post to be updated as actual event progress is completed.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great data.

Also, I would make 2 suggestions:

(1) if you have him, use coulson instead of worthy with HE/gamora for the ultimate stunlock team.  At 600+, worthy can only tank 2 or 3 hits, so his utility is limited to the first few matches.  If you use coulson and boost ap, you will basically win easily against any team if you can survive to round 3. 

(2) if you are comitted ronsoftcapping, at least consider raising your okoye to 360 to match your kitty.  For a thorkoye team to work (especially one with less ap gen because thor is under-covered), okoye needs to tank a lot.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My chart is much, much shorter than this one!

You seem to be doing really well, kudos, helix72!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Vhailorx
    I'm curious why you favor Coulson, and if I'm missing something. I think maybe it's either because my Hawkeye is udnercoverd/underleveled or because of the support I'm using on Cap?

My HammerCap is level 289 and has 16405 health. I run him at 3/5/5 and with my level 200 4* Sharon Carter support, he has a 58.57% chance to gain 2 Blue, Yellow, or Red AP every time one of his CD tiles expires. I'm constantly firing his Red because 1) a charged tile counts as a friendly special tile for the purposes of Gamora's Deadliest Woman power, so more likely to fill up the board with Purple specials, 2) every time one of the Red CDs goes off I get another chance to earn the 2 AP thanks to Sharon, and 3) it charges 2 tiles every turn that might give me greater AP gain for relevant colors (Black for Gamora, Blue for Gamora, and Red for Cap).

My Coulson is level 294 and has 17831 health. I'd run him at 5/5/3. I don't have any supports I can find that seem to do much. Every time someone fires a power he gains 2 random AP. He can charge and swap tiles which I guess comes in handy but he only charges 2 tiles for each fire of the power compared to HammerCap who charges 2 tiles per turn per 3-turn Red CD, which you can match to your hearts content with the opposing team stunlocked.

My 5* Hawkeye is level 285 and has 13697 health. He's at 2/2/2 for covers. He has less health than Gamora or HammerCap or Coulson but tanks Blue, Purple, and Red over all 3 of them (unless HammerCap jumps in front). I also run the level 200 4* Kimoyo Beads on him which gives him a 33.98% chance for 2 extra Blue on every Blue match (which he makes a lot of thanks to HammerCap).

I've actually had many Black-starved, Purple-dominant boards where I got the "kill" with nearly the entire board filled with charged tiles.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    If you have an underleveled hawkeye then coulson's cl10 advantage is diminished.  But when thinking about the two, I think of them as follows;

(1) the worthy/he is basically guaranteed to start on turn 2 against 5* opponents. It excels in pvp because it is very hard to avoid triggering worthy, and because pvp opponents can't easily drop worthy with just a couple of match3s.

(2) a coulson/he engine is slower to start (you need 5 red or blue apron and then 2 turns for the CDs to resolve). But once started, coulson/he didn't require nearly as much input from the enemy team to keep going.  You need to flip a few turns here and there, but after just a few cycles you are making 30+ ap per turn and the batch is effectively over.  Add in gamora to stunlock the enemy team and literally no participation from the enemy is required, ever.  In my opinion this is superior in cl10, where enemies are superleveled and even a 370 worthy will struggle to tank more than 3 hits.  HE isn't the toughest 5*, but he is tougher than any unboosted 4*.  That extra survivability can be a help against cl10 match damage.

So basically, if one has all the characters champed, I prefer he/worthy for pvp, but think coulson/he/gamora is more reliable for cl10.